OK so I was the guy that went out and got the Storm immediately when it came out. I loved it at first, but have grown to not like it so much. I've had BBs for years and I guess I'm just not a touchscreen guy. I have large fingers and text/email A LOT.

So I have been looking into the Tour, which looks great and has great reviews, problem is, I'm not up for upgrade anytime soon, my Storm has only been replaced once (not the 3 times necessary for replacement according to VZW), and I'm not looking to spend $300 on a phone.

I called VZW, they said visit a store they might be more inclined to help me out. Any ideas/advice/thoughts on what to say and do when I go in there? I really don't want a Curve, I'd prefer the Tour, but I want to keep costs down as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!
    08-18-09 11:13 AM
    Thanks again man, I hope it goes well. I mean I'm willing to pay a little bit, but not MSRP by any means

Then if it works out, you know anyone that wants to buy a used Storm? hahaha
    08-18-09 12:10 PM
    My question is...how did you not find out that you did not like the storm within the first 30 days? That seems a little fishy to me...but none the less good luck.

ps. if you hate your storm so much and they aren't willing to give you a tour...take the curve.
    08-18-09 12:18 PM
    It's not that I absolutely hate it. I mean it does its job. I just know after using it for months I can't stand the thing resetting (which is happening several times a day at this point), and sick of all the typos.

I've basically put up with it to this point, and now I'm ready to snap. My brother has the curve, it's not bad, I just REALLY like the Tour. I know it's new so they'll probably tell me to pound sand, but who knows.
    08-18-09 12:30 PM
    What is really all comes down to is the fact the the Tour is new and now all of a sudden everyone with a storm hates it/it sucks/reboots/blah blah blah and they now want a Tour.

I could see the possiblity of you getting a Tour if you would have done the 3 replacements within 90 days, but you didn't so more than likely you will have to pay for the Tour. I highly doubt they are just going to give it to you or let you buy it for the 2 year price.
    08-18-09 12:44 PM
    Understandable, everyone wants what is new. But at the same time I've really missed my 8830 at times when typing long emails for work and just texting in general.

And you're probably right, but there's only one way to find out. If I don't ask, I'll never get it. Worst thing that can happen is I end up where I already am.
    08-18-09 01:41 PM
    Yeah and you have to understand that we get tons of calls on this and because ppl call in with these new issues and they want new phones we have to handle each case differently
    08-18-09 01:56 PM
    I completely understand that. I pretty much expect to be told sorry, but you had your chance within 30 days and the device works, so you can pay the price or just keep the storm. That's fine, but **** it's worth a shot to see if they'll help a loyal customer out.
    08-18-09 02:44 PM
    A lot of times I will... but i don't recommend calling again and again(anymore), its worth a try though... If you don't qualify it will be difficult if they offer a replacement take it. Then call back in a few weeks and if they offer one take it. That way they will at least see that you have been through a recent ****.
    08-18-09 02:51 PM
    What is really all comes down to is the fact the the Tour is new and now all of a sudden everyone with a storm hates it/it sucks/reboots/blah blah blah and they now want a Tour.
    Just wait til the Storm 2 and the Onyx are released. A new flood of "How can I get it for free" and "My Tour just stopped working(right when the new Storm was released)" threads will be created. For better or worse, I will stick with my Tour atleast until my New Every Two kicks in. Until then, the Tour rocks and I'm glad to be an owner.
    08-18-09 03:12 PM
    Verizon CS has actually gotten more strict when it comes to swapping out BBs over the phone for this very reason. I was on the phone for an hour (employee accounts grr..) trying to get a replacement sent out for my girlfriends curve due to a power cycling issue. They all think everyone is just trying to get "something for nothing" more or less.
    08-18-09 10:27 PM