At work and sound card is broken so i cant watch the video, but here is the short article.

"Brian Marshall, an analyst with Gleacher & Co., and Chandan Sarkar, analyst at Auriga Securities, speak about the outlook for AT&T Inc.

Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. mobile-phone company, will start selling Apple Inc.s iPhone next year, ending AT&Ts exclusive hold on the smartphone in the U.S., two people familiar with the plans said. They talk with Pimm Fox on Bloomberg Television's "Taking Stock." (Source: Bloomberg)

Running time 04:06

-0- Jun/29/2010 22:43 GMT "

Marshall Says Verizon IPhone Plan `Problematic' for AT&T: Video - Bloomberg

Any truth to it? Whats the video have to say or is he saying just what the article states
    06-30-10 08:02 AM
    Seems to be true. I still wouldn't buy one though.
    06-30-10 08:28 AM
    I'm way to attached to my BB to consider iPhone at this time (primarily because of work email requirements), but these rumors do seem to be gaining momentum and also appear to be coming from more credible sources than some of the other rumors we've heard...fwiw

It has seemed strange to me that no one seems to really know what the terms of AT&T's deal with Apple are, at least in terms of when the exclusivity rights end. I will say this though, I'm sure Verizon will jump on the chance to sell the iPhone as soon as they are allowed to. This could also explain why AT&T was willing to give so many folks early upgrades to get the iPhone 4...get these people under contract now before news of the Verizon iPhone becomes public knowledge and prevent (most) of them from waiting to jump ship next year.
    06-30-10 08:40 AM
    I'm way to attached to my BB to consider iPhone at this time (primarily because of work email requirements), but these rumors do seem to be gaining momentum and also appear to be coming from more credible sources than some of the other rumors we've heard...fwiw

It has seemed strange to me that no one seems to really know what the terms of AT&T's deal with Apple are, at least in terms of when the exclusivity rights end. I will say this though, I'm sure Verizon will jump on the chance to sell the iPhone as soon as they are allowed to. This could also explain why AT&T was willing to give so many folks early upgrades to get the iPhone 4...get these people under contract now before news of the Verizon iPhone becomes public knowledge and prevent (most) of them from waiting to jump ship next year.
    Just because Bloomberg jumped on the bandwagon doesn't necessarily mean the rumor is more credible.

I don't know what the terms of the AT&T deal *is*. We know that it *was* set for 5 years when it originated from court documents that were revealed a short time ago, but that doesn't mean that the deal hasn't been amended.

I personally think Verizon's ramping up of LTE is leading to the hype that the iPhone is headed to Big Red. Many people speculate that Steve Jobs doesn't like backwards technology, and he believes CDMA is backwards. However, when he launched the original iPhone it only came with EDGE even though 3G was available (he says battery life, I'm not sure), and even if he created an LTE-enabled iPhone for VZW, it would have to support CDMA for voice and non-LTE-covered areas, anyway.
    06-30-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD