I am using Twitter and Facebook, how do I get my FB status to update with my Twitter status? Is that when the synching comes in? TIA.
    02-26-09 11:56 PM
    I haven't heard of facebook updating your twitter?

Curious to what people say. That would be a great feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:06 AM
    There is a twitter app in the facebook applications section. It will use your twitter status as your facebook status.

02-27-09 12:15 AM
    Maybe someone can explain to me the allure of Twitter & Facebook. I don't even know what they are for, much less why you'd want them on your Berry.

I must be getting old or something.

02-27-09 12:36 AM
    Twins -

I am 38 and other than learning about facebook and twitter on the job I would have no clue what they are.

So you are not alone!

02-27-09 07:08 AM
    twitter.com is a micro-blogging site where users can post little 160 character messeges for anyone they want to read them. Then you can follow your friends and its a pretty convent way to tell alot of people you are busy or what ever you want to tell them. Facebook is a social networking site where you build a profile, add your friends, contacts, random people you wanna call friends and then you can search for all users based on common interests, or basically anything. Im use both extensively.
    02-27-09 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the responses! I've learned a bit & feel better knowing I am not alone.

I guess I'll have to check out Twitter, as I am still not understanding how that would work.

As for Facebook, that sounds a bit like MySpace. Are they similar?

02-27-09 09:08 AM
    Maybe someone can explain to me the allure of Twitter & Facebook. I don't even know what they are for, much less why you'd want them on your Berry.

I must be getting old or something.

You build a profile, upload pictures, write status messages for people to read and put personal information about yourself on your profile as well. Think of it like an ever evolving personal profile of yourself that only your friends can look at. You can write messages on other peoples profiles, upload pictures of friends and tag them in it so they are identified in the picture, and you can re-connect with people you haven't seen in a long time. You can join networks and groups with people with similiar interests or that went to the same schools as you. It is extremely easily to locate people you've lost touch with on Facebook.

I'm not a heavy Facebook user by any stretch, and it has its pros and cons. It's not for everybody and is typically a younger generation attraction. It can be abused, but not nearly to the point of MySpace. It's relatively safe considering it's the internet. The Facebook app for the Blackberry just makes it easier to stay connected to Facebook every moment of your life.

EDIT - "As for Facebook, that sounds a bit like MySpace. Are they similar?" Similiar yes, but Facebook is geared more towards young professionals and college students rather than teenage girls.
    Last edited by jrd231psu; 02-27-09 at 09:12 AM.
    02-27-09 09:09 AM
    facebook is more user friendly and its a good way to say in touch!
    02-27-09 09:12 AM
    If you can get Social Scope it updates both as well.
    02-27-09 09:13 AM
    The Facebook app for the Blackberry just makes it easier to stay connected to Facebook every moment of your life.
    Great - one more thing that would demand my attention. As it is, I do CB & PinStack at traffic lights & walking across lots.

but Facebook is geared more towards young professionals and college students rather than teenage girls.
    Let's see - I am too old to be called young. While I am a professional, it is contracting, so I don't always look it. Its been several decades since I took finals, not counting the recent tower work we did at the university (guys, the sights are incredible-thinking of taking some class over there again).

Maybe Facebook is not for me. At least I will go take a look after the descriptions. Thanks!

02-27-09 01:48 PM
    Great - one more thing that would demand my attention. As it is, I do CB & PinStack at traffic lights & walking across lots.

Let's see - I am too old to be called young. While I am a professional, it is contracting, so I don't always look it. Its been several decades since I took finals, not counting the recent tower work we did at the university (guys, the sights are incredible-thinking of taking some class over there again).

Maybe Facebook is not for me. At least I will go take a look after the descriptions. Thanks!

No problem!
    02-27-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD