Okay, got my new username and password setup on the Verizon site. I am currently elgible for an upgrade on my phones ( Curve and Pearl). As I went though the upgrade device pages, the added features said I was getting BES and dropping BIS. Is this a mistake on the website? I should be keeping BIS. Also, it let me keep the same contract that I am currently on with Alltel. That is good.

I assume if I do not get on a new plan, then I can not get my employer discount. Not a big deal since the Alltel plan is way, way cheaper even with the discount I would get on Verizon.

That upgrade page is pretty cool, since it gave me a NE2 $50 discount on the Tour and a free Pearl flip. Put my monthly payment at $145 and with a new Verizon plan it would be $188 with the discount. Plus I would lose the 7 p.m. nights....
    10-20-09 01:54 PM
    you should be on BIS unless you are using corporate email (exchange server), i'm not sure about the discount. sorry.
    10-20-09 02:11 PM
    Whats the question exactly?
    It wasn't a mistake on the website as far as I can tell...
    10-20-09 02:15 PM
    The mistake was it was switching my BIS to BES on the upgrade page. Does not have any place to change the option and I do not select either BES or BIS during the process....
    10-20-09 02:17 PM
    It should give you the option you may have to call to get it updated or go online to myverizon to change it.
    10-20-09 02:21 PM
    Even though it will say BES it should be provisioned in the BIS regardless. This is Alltel specific and I have seen this quite a bit. It can be changed if you have any problems down the road.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 03:03 PM
    being on BES shouldnt hurt anything. as far as the discount yes you would have to be on a VZW plan to receive that
    10-21-09 01:08 AM
    Except that bes is $45 and bis is $30.

10-21-09 06:57 PM
    Except that bes is $45 and bis is $30.

In this case bes is still going to be included in the smartpack plan. And the cost is the same as bis.

10-21-09 07:11 PM
    Oh. I've just read on several posts about people being misbilled for this. Just wanted the op to be aware and keep an eye on his bill.

10-21-09 07:22 PM
    I'm pumped to hear you were able to upgrade to a VZ phone and keep your Alltel contract by doing it online. That's what I'm going to do when the Storm 2 comes out, then.

10-21-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD