10-05-09 05:13 PM
60 123
tools
    This week, in an effort to bolster flagging BlackBerry sales in light of the WM & Android barrage, VZW will announce a Buy One Get Two Free & a free gourmet meal at McDonalds.

And a coupon for 20% off a Toyota Corolla rental at Hertz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:38 AM
    The Ozone went BOGO as well. A WinMo phone. Ahem.

10-05-09 08:45 AM
    The Ozone is laughable & doesn't sell well.

10-05-09 08:46 AM
    This week, in an effort to bolster flagging BlackBerry sales in light of the WM & Android barrage, VZW will announce a Buy One Get Two Free & a free gourmet meal at McDonalds.

This is a deal I may take them up on... whats better than 1 Corolla...
    2 Corolla's!
    10-05-09 09:01 AM

Pretty much. It's a re-done Motorola Q and we all know how stellar those things were. The only thing it had going for it was that it was a cheap global PDA. Well now it's the same price as the Storm and we have sold exactly 2 Ozone's since then.
    10-05-09 09:18 AM

They are out of Corollas, was able to the deal with 2. 993s.

10-05-09 12:45 PM
    Unless it's for a Prius...[caliendo as pacino] no deal [/caliendo as pacino]!
    10-05-09 12:50 PM

Actually the Ozone is a pretty nice Winmo phone for a novice PDA user. It works a lot better than the Q so that comparison isnt valid.

Bogo on something requiring data is smart for verizon. That's really the only good "sale" they have atm and it requires every moron that wants a low cost phone to pay for data they will hardly use. Sure they might come close to using a decent amount of data first few months then it will die out and verizon makes $60 more for the customers that wanted a deal

Also only other decent verizon phone that is cheap is a non pda that reuires data (Rouge)

Every moron that will barely use it? Most people have an email account they access on a daily basis, most people like to be updated with news sports and weather and most people enjoy being able to listen to music (pandora and things like that) There are many other phones that are available at a low cost that dont require a data package for the "morons" as you put it that wont use data. People dont come in buying blackberrys strickly for the BOGO, some do come in asking about it but decline when they learn that it requires a data plan.

Oh and what i bolded from what you posted, we dont sell makeup. Perhaps you are talking about the Samsung Rogue...
    10-05-09 02:15 PM
    Actually the Ozone is a pretty nice Winmo phone for a novice PDA user. It works a lot better than the Q so that comparison isnt valid.
    It isn't bad - and definitely better than the Q. But it is good even for the power user - not everyone needs large touchscreens & high-res multimedia.

But, I can't help but note the form-factor is a knockoff of the Treo/Q/BlackBerry & that is so yesterday. Even though I am heavily business-oriented, older than dirt & can't get away from it at anytime, no matter where I am (thanks to these stupid mobile devices), I am finding I need more than a chiclet keyboard beneath a small screen.

So while I find the Ozone laughable, I also find Treo, Q, Tour, etc. equally laughable - but I also know they have their place. With the Ozone, if you want that form, you might as well stick yourself to BlackBerry & not deal with WM oddities. Me, I want more now & am willing to put up with a few niggles to get that. I'd rather deal with the few WM/Android/Palm/Linux issues & have the power than deal with BlackBerry & its lack of power. Then give me the huge screens that showcase that power.

I can see myself living with Ozone about as well as I can see myself stuck with a Tour. Frankly, I'd rather have my fingernails slowly pulled off.

And, to your last point - thousands of Nissans on the road & people still can't spell Rogue. They get stuck on the French term for red, cosmetics or jeweler's grit.

10-05-09 04:03 PM
    I'd rather have phones that allow me to work quickly and efficiently such as the Tour. Time is money. The "outdated"" bbery handles the mundane tasks with ease and grace. While riding public transit I have learned to operate the Tour with one hand... A real bonus. The tP2 is a real nice phone...for a lead weight. It all comes down to preferences. This train of thought is more akin to "How many angels can fit on the head of a pin?"

Last edited by i7guy; 10-06-09 at 10:00 AM.
    10-05-09 05:13 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD