I called VW yesterday to ask if a friend and I could take advantage of the Blackberry BOGO with each of us having an existing upgradable line on 2 seperate accounts. I was told yes.

She called in and they told her no they had to both be available on the same line. (I'm pretty sure this is the right answer but I have no idea...)

I called in today and was told that we only needed one available line and the second storm would just come with it and that it could just be activated on the second account.

I'm afraid to go into the store and be told a 4th thing. Very weird.

Anybody know the answer so I can figure out my options?

Thanks
    10-29-09 03:44 PM
    The phones have to be on the same account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 03:55 PM
    The phones have to be on the same account.

10-29-09 03:58 PM
    Most of the time that is an exception that is done at a store. It is not part of the promotion and is not available online or over the phone. You can try at a store, but it is not in any way guaranteed or warranted, as allowing someone to Buy One and have some one else Get One is no way part of the deal.
    10-29-09 04:35 PM
    The phones have to be on the same account.
    Why is it you can never seem to post complete information?

They can be on separate accounts if both accounts are in the same name.

This generally rules out friends, but the possibility exists. So one or the other would have to establish a sub account for the friend.
    John Doe (505-555-1234)

John Doe for Jenny Roe (505-867-5309)

Wireless Vet, is it the policy where you work that encourages not giving all the details? If you can't be complete, you're of no assistance.

10-29-09 04:41 PM
    Ahhh Twins, you loathe so well. Me like.
    10-29-09 04:55 PM

AND AGAIN, DUMB ****.....the original poster said......" called VW yesterday to ask if a friend and I could take advantage of the Blackberry BOGO with each of us having an existing upgradable line on 2 seperate accounts."

This poster stated two different account, that's the info I gave, simple answer.

Put the phone down and at least pretend to be a father.
    10-29-09 11:11 PM
    AND AGAIN, DUMB ****.....the original poster said......" called VW yesterday to ask if a friend and I could take advantage of the Blackberry BOGO with each of us having an existing upgradable line on 2 seperate accounts."

This poster stated two different account, that's the info I gave, simple answer.

Put the phone down and at least pretend to be a father.
    I am really beginning to believe you're not just out for revenge, but you're clueless & also mentally disturbed & unstable.

I was going to say mentally disabled, but that would be an insult to millions of mentally disbled souls.

I have separate accounts, but I could get a phone & use the BOGO for the other. My daughter's account is under her name, but since I have it as a sub on mine, I could put a free one on hers.

You are a very sad individual.

By the way - I have more intelligence in what comes out of my tail than you have between your ears. Go ahead - prove me right some more.

10-29-09 11:39 PM
    11-08-09 12:19 AM

This generally rules out friends, but the possibility exists. So one or the other would have to establish a sub account for the friend.
    John Doe (505-555-1234)

John Doe for Jenny Roe (505-867-5309)

Wireless Vet, is it the policy where you work that encourages not giving all the details? If you can't be complete, you're of no assistance.

Actually, you're wrong. Both lines have to be on the same account, sharing the same account number. Eligibility for BOGO offers does not extend across sub accounts since they are treated as a completely separate account. The only way to get a BOGO deal is to have 2 eligible lines on the same account or add a line.
    11-08-09 11:34 PM
    Actually, you're wrong. Both lines have to be on the same account, sharing the same account number. Eligibility for BOGO offers does not extend across sub accounts since they are treated as a completely separate account. The only way to get a BOGO deal is to have 2 eligible lines on the same account or add a line.
    Nope - you're wrong, because I recently did it. Two adult children are on their own accounts, with both under my name. Set them up with BOGOs on Tour - too bad they didn't like the phones - had to get them non-BlackBerrys.

I was told it works just fine as long as the same name/mailing address is on the accounts.

It seems you have come to this site & are spreading some not-always accurate info. Why don't you sit back & learn a few things before giving bad info & leading people to the wrong conclusions.
    11-09-09 12:01 AM
    If someone allowed you to do that it was completely discretionary. You can have 50 different accounts all in your name but that doesn't make them eligible for the same offer. BOGOs can only be used on account with 2 lines eligible to upgrade or with 1 eligible and an add a line.
    11-09-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD