Okay, even though I'm not eligible for my New Every Two, this appears to say that I can still upgrade and pay the promotional (new customer ?) price?

From VZ website....

...You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

---But not sure what the "upgrade fee" is
    10-20-09 10:27 PM
    Its upgrading like you are a new customer.. you don't get a new every 2 just a new customer pricing... Not sure what the "Upgrade fee" is...
    10-21-09 08:53 AM
    upgrade fee is 20 dollars unless you are a vip customer
    10-21-09 08:55 AM
    upgrade fee is 20 dollars unless you are a vip customer
    AHA!
    10-21-09 09:03 AM
    Well damn...I'm feeling pretty good now since I'm VIP and all!
    10-21-09 09:10 AM
    If Verizon sends you an email stating you're eligible for an early upgrade, bring a copy of that email into the store with you. The reps there have no record if you're eligible for an early upgrade, Customer service will have record, but not the store. This happened to me when I got my Tour on release day...
    10-21-09 09:15 AM
    20 bucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-21-09 11:28 AM
    If Verizon sends you an email stating you're eligible for an early upgrade, bring a copy of that email into the store with you. The reps there have no record if you're eligible for an early upgrade, Customer service will have record, but not the store. This happened to me when I got my Tour on release day...
    You can bring as many emails as you want, if you arent payable, you arent getting a phone in store.
    10-21-09 04:02 PM
    You can bring as many emails as you want, if you arent payable, you arent getting a phone in store.
    That is correct - many of the early upgrade promos are through Telesales only - you must call a certain number.

I got one last week for a free Tour - but only if I called the special VZW Telesales number.

Yet another shredded & wasted tree.

10-21-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD