I know this topic is probably beating a dead horse, but in all my searches, Google and here, I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have heard that with upgrades, VZW will sometimes offer them within 30 days of the actual upgrade date. My annual upgrade date is February 16th. I am a Storm 1 owner and would like to go ahead and upgrade to the Droid. I just got a warranty phones after problems with my other Storm, and am having issues with the new one as well. I'll also be adding a line and getting two Moto Droids. (I know, the BOGO. But no camera flash on the Eris! BOO!) Do you think it's possible I could go into the store and have my date bumped sooner?

Let me also add a little "beware." I actually went into what I thought was a Verizon corporate store a few days ago and had the most horrible experience. Yeah, it ended up being a third-party retailer. Not only was the salesperson extremely rude, but they misinformed CS about information on my account. He actually told me, "Ma'am, maybe you should try reading the fine print next time. Promotional prices only apply to 2-year contracts." Last time I checked, even on an annual upgrade, you sign a new 2-year contract. Not to mention, they do NOT follow the same pricing guidelines as your average Big Red Store.
    01-22-10 11:10 AM
    If it is a standard or annual upgrade they will you do 30 days prior. the NE 2 will not be applied until you qualify for it. Will a store do it? not sure, I know that call centers will.
    01-22-10 11:14 AM
    Thanks, lastraid. It's my annual and not the NE2. I wouldn't even worry about it and would just wait it out until the 16th, but I can't even depend on my Storm as an alarm clock. I was originally planning on using my upgrade for the Storm 2, but I'm worried about the same problems in a different package.
    01-22-10 11:17 AM
    Thanks, lastraid. It's my annual and not the NE2. I wouldn't even worry about it and would just wait it out until the 16th, but I can't even depend on my Storm as an alarm clock. I was originally planning on using my upgrade for the Storm 2, but I'm worried about the same problems in a different package.
    Sorry to hear you are alarm problems. Personally, I would never depend on my phone to wake me up, get a real alarm clock.

Best of luck on your choice and upgrade
    01-22-10 11:58 AM
    Although you can't walk away with the device, it's been my experience that the phone reps have a MUCH easier time bending the rules. VZW has superfast 2 day shipping thou so you don't have to wait TOO long for your new phone.
    01-22-10 12:23 PM
    I would call customer service or do get online and chat with someone. Some corporate stores will allow you to do it, especially if you are adding more lines, sometimes they won't. You'll have the best luck though if you call or do the online chat. If that doesn't work, then go to a store and see what they say.

If you do go into a store, make sure it's a corporate store. Third party retailers (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Radio Shack etc) can't do it early, so don't waste your time there.
    01-22-10 12:31 PM
    Thanks everyone. I actually just called CS and was told I could upgrade today and it would be noted in the system so that I could do it at the store.

It hasn't just been the alarm with my Storm. Regardless of which OS I'm running, while typing text, it will highlight everything I've written and often delete it. That and a memory leak. I'll update when I get back from the store today.

Thanks again!
    01-22-10 12:42 PM
    That definitely sounds like a third-party retailer! When I went to the one here, I didn't even look at the phones at first because I already knew what I wanted. On the way out the door, I saw the pricing, AND the cardboard inserts!

Well, I am now the proud new owner of a Droid! So far, so wonderful! I was actually told by the CS guy that I talked to that I'd have to pay the one-year contract price for my line since it was an annual upgrade. (I thought you always signed a two-year agreement.) In the store, I actually got my original rep, signed my two-year and got the Droids at the $199 promotional price (after mail-in rebate.)

The only complaint I have is the double lock feature, but I'll take that up in the Droid forum.

Thanks again, guys!
    01-23-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD