11-01-09 02:37 PM
32 12
tools
    I am on a family plan with 3 others and our monthly bill is over 200 a month. I bought the Storm at the upgrade price last year and am coming up on my annual eligibility; or so I thought. I just got off the phone with a representative and found out that I am not ever available for annual upgrades due to the fact that I am not the primary line on the family plan; and therefore I can only upgrade after two years. Is this true or was she feeding me BS?

Thanks guys!
    10-28-09 05:28 PM
    no, you don't qualify for annual upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 06:33 PM
    very true... only way you can be the one that qualifies is for you to be primary.... and you have to be primary for 6 months before you would be eligible.
    10-28-09 06:37 PM
    Right
    Primary lines like my bf's are eligible after 12mo, at 20mo get ne2 discount on top of upgrade.
    Secondarys like myself get standard upgrade at 20mo and that's that.
    Want to change it? Go on your own individual plan and get a ne2 and annual ugrade..

10-28-09 06:58 PM
    No that is correct only the primary line is available every year. What she failed to tell you though is that an upgrade can be moved to a different line. If the primary number is willing to give there upgrade to your line you can get the upgrade pricing.

10-28-09 07:29 PM
    Just curious...

What was the point of saying your "monthly bill is over 200 a month..."
    10-29-09 03:35 AM
    No that is correct only the primary line is available every year. What she failed to tell you though is that an upgrade can be moved to a different line. If the primary number is willing to give there upgrade to your line you can get the upgrade pricing.

I didnt forget... just failed to mention...
    10-29-09 07:15 AM
    Just curious...

What was the point of saying your "monthly bill is over 200 a month..."
    Entitlement! Thats exactly what I thought when I read this and it starts off with I pay x amount but really this guy is a secondary so he pays 10 bucks plus data lol
    10-29-09 07:19 AM
    Isnt that what we hear EVERY time someone wants something?
    I pay $X.XX per month/year
    I have been a "loyal" customer for X yrs
    I pay my bill EVERY month...

entitlement. gotta love it.
    How bout this?
    I pay $130 per month
    I have been a verizon customer for 10yrs
    I pay my bill every month...
    My upgrade is in April... I"M WAITING PATIENTLY!!!!
    10-29-09 07:21 AM

entitlement. gotta love it.
    How bout this?
    I pay $130 per month
    I have been a verizon customer for 10yrs
    I pay my bill every month...
    My upgrade is in April... I"M WAITING PATIENTLY!!!!
    I have to say if a guy was like look,
    I'm late on my bill every month.
    I barely pay you guys anything...
    I would respect that more than the self entitlement I see every day
    10-29-09 07:24 AM

And thats where I say ................"Ok, Great!, Terrific!, NO!"
    10-29-09 07:30 AM
    Not entitled, BUT hey if you can talk a nice rep in to giving you a special deal what's so wrong about THAT? I'm famous in my family for stuff like that. Getting free HBO on cable, better credit card rates etc. When my parents moved in to a new condo recently my dad had me call and get his cable hooked up because he knew I'd be able to negotiate a better deal.

*Plus he likes to get people to do things for him, he's old It's so funny how much he has turned in to EVERY thing he used to complain about my late grandmother for being
    10-29-09 07:50 AM
    Sad thing is.. PK is the type of person who I probobly would make an exception for because if he sounds HALF as nice in person over the phone as he does on the forums.. who could resist!
    10-29-09 08:11 AM
    Not entitled, BUT hey if you can talk a nice rep in to giving you a special deal what's so wrong about THAT? I'm famous in my family for stuff like that. Getting free HBO on cable, better credit card rates etc. When my parents moved in to a new condo recently my dad had me call and get his cable hooked up because he knew I'd be able to negotiate a better deal.

*Plus he likes to get people to do things for him, he's old It's so funny how much he has turned in to EVERY thing he used to complain about my late grandmother for being
    Sad thing is.. PK is the type of person who I probobly would make an exception for because if he sounds HALF as nice in person over the phone as he does on the forums.. who could resist!
    I love nice people but I've already read a million times how honey works better than vinegar. I don't care if you sound like a hot babe or some whiney kid. You aint gettin no phone from me!
    10-29-09 08:38 AM
    I love nice people but I've already read a million times how honey works better than vinegar. I don't care if you sound like a hot babe or some whiney kid. You aint gettin no phone from me!
    hehe.. I was the opposite in tech. I gave away more discounts, free shipping and free devices than anybody else in the call center.

I'd just call it a "Save" and my manager would send out an announcement to the floor.
    10-29-09 12:29 PM
    And when I get a rep like B&B, I thank them politely, say I understand, and then give it a shot with at least one more rep on another day. There after I accept it, cause after all we are NOT entitled. But I'm pretty good at getting what I want.
    10-29-09 12:34 PM
    And when I get a rep like B&B, I thank them politely, say I understand, and then give it a shot with at least one more rep on another day. There after I accept it, cause after all we are NOT entitled. But I'm pretty good at getting what I want.
    LOL just call and everytime they answer say hey this is pkcable here from crackberry that way you'll get a hookup lol
    10-29-09 12:39 PM
    hehe.. I was the opposite in tech. I gave away more discounts, free shipping and free devices than anybody else in the call center.

I'd just call it a "Save" and my manager would send out an announcement to the floor.
    Yeah that sounds like the truth...
    10-29-09 12:40 PM
    Not entitled, BUT hey if you can talk a nice rep in to giving you a special deal what's so wrong about THAT?
    I don't think there's anything wrong with trying. Everything is negotiable.

But, as you say, it comes with the right attitude. Don't come in sounding like you DESERVE a break, you come in, ask questions, listen, respect the person you're dealing with, and then negotiate a little. Maybe you won't get a discount on the phone, but they may throw in an accessory you want.

However, I also agree with what PK said: if you don't get anything, you don't get rude. You say "ok thanks" and either accept the offer as is or you move on.
    10-29-09 03:29 PM
    I didnt forget... just failed to mention...
    I know its kinda old now but just wanted to say I wasn't referring to you sweet cheeks I was referrimg to the rep. unless you were the rep he spoke to :-)

10-29-09 07:25 PM
    LOL just call and everytime they answer say hey this is pkcable here from crackberry that way you'll get a hookup lol
    I've been known to play the moderator card on occasion.
    10-29-09 08:53 PM
    Not entitled, BUT hey if you can talk a nice rep in to giving you a special deal what's so wrong about THAT?
    You know what, it really has nothing to do with that anymore. I've given out plenty of "good deals" to people who have been long time customers, the thing is, the company has really reeled us in on drawstrings now as far as what we can and can't do. There is literally a report for everything we do. Any type of exception requires management codes. So phone prices aren't any kind of bargaining process, and exceptions are few and far between, and not given to everyone who comes in kicking and screaming.
    10-29-09 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. No I was not telling you I pay over 200$ a month to say that I was entitled to anything special... I wasn't trying to be arrogant or anything I just thought I remembered reading somewhere that upgrades were different depending on how much your monthly bill was.
    10-31-09 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. No I was not telling you I pay over 200$ a month to say that I was entitled to anything special... I wasn't trying to be arrogant or anything I just thought I remembered reading somewhere that upgrades were different depending on how much your monthly bill was.
    Don't mind (some of) them, Geoff - they conveniently forget that annual upgrades & VIP status are tied to your plan amounts & that your bill would be a pertinent detail in your inquiry.

It is a flaw I've found with many (not all) carrier reps - they (some) don't listen very well & they (not all) like to jump to conclusions. Some (not all) also don't take their job very seriously.

10-31-09 01:56 PM
    I apologize... It really is easy to jump to conclusions when most (not all) people talk about how much they pay each month, to justify why they should be treated as royalty, like there aren't companies out there that many millions every year...

But yes, the amount you pay per month, how long you've been a customer, bill histrory and I'm sure there are more, may help you get a better deal... Always at the individual you're dealing with's discretion...
    10-31-09 03:50 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD