I have a somewhat strange situation with my account and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do. I got my storm on launch day, 11/21/2008. Actually, I got 2 - I added a second line to my account for the girlfriend that same day. I liked the phone, but it started giving me issues last summer and after 3 replacements (all having screen issues) they sent me a Tour. I've had the Tour for about 3 months now, and I hate it. The screen is too small and I can't type on the keyboard. I feel like I've given it an honest chance, I just can't get used to typing on it.

I thought my annual upgrade was on the 21st of this month, but after calling customer service, they informed me that by getting a new Tour back in July, that reset my upgrade date and I have to wait until next July to be eligible for a discount, my NE2 credit is another 8 months later. My NE2 is after my contract ends. Is there anything I can do about this? I'm not super mad, but wish I would have had a chance to try the phone before I got stuck with it for so long. I'd like to get into something I can actually type proficiently on.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
    11-03-09 03:16 PM
    I have a somewhat strange situation with my account and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do. I got my storm on launch day, 11/21/2008. Actually, I got 2 - I added a second line to my account for the girlfriend that same day. I liked the phone, but it started giving me issues last summer and after 3 replacements (all having screen issues) they sent me a Tour. I've had the Tour for about 3 months now, and I hate it. The screen is too small and I can't type on the keyboard. I feel like I've given it an honest chance, I just can't get used to typing on it.

I thought my annual upgrade was on the 21st of this month, but after calling customer service, they informed me that by getting a new Tour back in July, that reset my upgrade date and I have to wait until next July to be eligible for a discount, my NE2 credit is another 8 months later. My NE2 is after my contract ends. Is there anything I can do about this? I'm not super mad, but wish I would have had a chance to try the phone before I got stuck with it for so long. I'd like to get into something I can actually type proficiently on.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
    This issue came up last week here in the Verizon forum. No there isnt a whole heck of alot that you can do about it, apparently thats the policy, although they should have mentioned that to you when they gave you the Tour.
    11-03-09 03:39 PM
    Your only option is to open up a 3rd line. Retire your Storm1 and activate an old dumb phone on your primary line.
    11-03-09 03:44 PM
    Sorry for bringing it back up, I tried to find a thread but couldn't find one. I kinda figured that's what I would have to do but thought I'd ask. I'll likely just stick it out and deal with it.

Thanks guys.
    11-03-09 04:39 PM
    Just as an FYI. Anytime you accept a discounted piece of equipment that's new. You're either extending your contract date, upgrade date, or both.
    11-03-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD