Does this sound correct? Me NE 2 isn;t due 'till July, but I am eligible for my annual upgrade (promo price + $20). - All VZ reps have confirmed this.

However, I was told I could only do that early/annual upgrade online. Does this info seem correct?

Also, do you know if Best Buy can give me the same pricing?

Welcome replies from anyone with experience with this, or any VZ or BB employees.

(CB ROCKS, Most friendly forum I'm part of)
    Last edited by hal1; 04-18-10 at 02:14 PM.
    04-18-10 01:53 PM
    Does this sound correct? Me NE 2 isn;t due 'till July, but I am eligible for my annual upgrade (promo price + $20). - All VZ reps have confirmed this.

However, I was told I could only do that early/annual upgrade online. Does this info seem correct?

Also, do you know if Best Buy can give me the same pricing?

Welcome replies from anyone with experience with this, or any VZ or BB employees.

(CB ROCKS, Most friendly forum I'm part of)
    Yea that thing about early/annual upgrade online only is correct.

As far as Best Buys prices I think it depends on the phone. Cause some phones are cheaper than getting it from VZW and some are more expensive.

The only difference between the NE2 and early/annual upgrade is the extra $50 you get off the phone with the NE2.
    04-18-10 02:39 PM
    I don't think that is correct. You should be able to go anywhere and get your annual upgrade. The only difference is you will likely initially pay more and receive a rebate form for the extra cost.
    04-18-10 02:56 PM
    I got an Early Upgrade a the Verizon Store last Saturday, its only $20.
    04-18-10 03:03 PM
    does this apply only if you have a $49.99/month plan or more?

i have the 39.99/month plan with a 10/month text plan and the data plan, and am trying to upgrade early as well. my upgrade date is not until 7/22/10. i would up my minutes to get it, but honestly i barely use 200 of the 450 minutes i have...seems silly to pay $20/month for nothing.

this whole annual upgrade thing seems to be in a grey area, so im trying to gather any information i can about it.
    04-18-10 05:59 PM
    Your access plan has to be $49.99+ before discounts to qualify for annual upgrade.features have no bearing on qualifying for it.

Increasing your plan wouldn't really help you since you need to have the higher plan for 90 days before you qualify.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 06:34 PM
    does this apply only if you have a $49.99/month plan or more?

i have the 39.99/month plan with a 10/month text plan and the data plan, and am trying to upgrade early as well. my upgrade date is not until 7/22/10. i would up my minutes to get it, but honestly i barely use 200 of the 450 minutes i have...seems silly to pay $20/month for nothing.

this whole annual upgrade thing seems to be in a grey area, so im trying to gather any information i can about it.
    Yeah, actually it's pretty back and white. VOICE (not including data) plan must be over 49/mo. At 39/mo they wouldn't let you upgrade after 1 year
    04-18-10 06:48 PM
    I suppose the grey area I am thinking of is the level of discretion. Maybe I am just not complaining about my Storm enough to customer service, lol.
    04-18-10 06:54 PM
    so my voice plane is 59.99 and I still have 10 months left for my NE2 it says I can get the early upgrade so do i pay an extra $20 to get it? I'm confused
    04-18-10 09:26 PM
    so my voice plane is 59.99 and I still have 10 months left for my NE2 it says I can get the early upgrade so do i pay an extra $20 to get it? I'm confused
    Yes you would pay a $20 fee when you upgrade using the Early Upgrade.
    04-18-10 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD