So,
    I have 2 lines on my account. I just became VZW from Alltel. So far nothing at all is different because both Alltel and Verizon have huge networks out here in AZ.

I do like the flexibility of VZW's website, though, a bit better than Alltel's.

Anyhow. So I'm looking at the Storm 2 today. I really liked when I had modified my original Storm to work with Alltel but eventually gave it to a friend because Alltel kept shutting off my BIS service due to the ESN not coming up as a BB device in their system.

So I decide now that I'm Verizon I'm going to take advantage of that "Primary Line" upgrade since my wifes phone only has 7 months left til it's contract ends (it was a 2yr contract) so I assumed it applied w/ the once a year.

I get to the VZN store, and they tell me... nope. Since my wifes phone was just made primary (Alltel didn't care who was primary so I never made hers official the primary phone, but I did when I created my VZW account this week). Basically even though my wifes phone only has 7 months left (official in March for the NE2) and is the primary phone on the account they told me not ONLY did it have to be the Primary phone, but it had to be the Primary phone for the entire year!

DAMNIT!

No Storm 2 for me... well, not through Verizon. I figured this was a way for them to lock me in for 2yrs since I have no loyalty to them but they didn't want it. I'm still buying a Storm 2 (locally) next week, but it's a bummer since raelly this was the only time I planned on locking in my contract anytime soon.

It's all good. I know it's policy, apparently, and the dude at the store was really nice. I just am annoyed cause I was REALLY psyched to get that phone today...lol.

D.
    10-28-09 11:38 PM
    I Have A T & T and live in CT. I also often am in RI as well. My wife and I have coverage all over CT and RI and never have any problems. Conversely, my In-laws all have Verizon and they always complain about lack of service near Hartford AND in RI.

So, I would not dare say that Verizon is definitely better than A T & T,,,its really more about where you live, than the company in general.

I would advise anybody on any carrier, that if you want good service, invest in a good phone. Don't expect much from the crappy free generic phones carriers want to give away for signing up with them. Thats part of the problem.
    10-30-09 12:52 PM
    I Have A T & T and live in CT. I also often am in RI as well. My wife and I have coverage all over CT and RI and never have any problems. Conversely, my In-laws all have Verizon and they always complain about lack of service near Hartford AND in RI.

So, I would not dare say that Verizon is definitely better than A T & T,,,its really more about where you live, than the company in general.

I would advise anybody on any carrier, that if you want good service, invest in a good phone. Don't expect much from the crappy free generic phones carriers want to give away for signing up with them. Thats part of the problem.
    ...what does this have to do with the OPs post???
    10-30-09 02:00 PM
    I went in with a friend yesterday into a corp VZN store and they told him he could early upgrade (pay a 20 dollar fee) and change into a Verizon contract (so he and his wife would get a new phone) IF he got a Blackberry. Weird huh? He is not even close to an annual upgrade.
    10-31-09 11:01 AM
    I went in with a friend yesterday into a corp VZN store and they told him he could early upgrade (pay a 20 dollar fee) and change into a Verizon contract (so he and his wife would get a new phone) IF he got a Blackberry. Weird huh? He is not even close to an annual upgrade.
    Thats because they are going to be making an extra $30 per line that is upgraded to a BlackBerry.

To the OP, try calling Verizon customer service and explaining, they may make an exception in your case. The store is unable to, but the customer service line can do more of that stuff.
    10-31-09 11:15 AM
    I meant to update this. I ended up going to another retail store, a friend works there, and his supervisor is helping me out. I decided to stray, though, from the Berry and going to give the Droid a try this coming Friday.

It just looks sick and I'm going to give it a shot. I always have my 30 to come back and pick up that Tour or Storm 2 if I don't like it, but the digging I'm doing looks promising.

d.
    11-01-09 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD