08-14-09 04:17 PM
63 123
tools
    Ok, so reps at two completely different stores tell you there isn't anything wrong with phone....

maybe....just MAYBE...there isn't anything wrong with the phone. I know, I know...it's a shocking thought!
    its amazing isnt it. Having buyers remorse, or their wife/girlfriend realized how much he paid for it.

Should of just gotten the storm then you would actually have a phone that has a track record.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 08-03-09 at 01:29 AM.
    08-03-09 01:27 AM
    Exactly what sheep say. Way to think for yourself bro.
    I think he might have been making one of those tongue-in-cheek statements.
    how dare you bash such an uber cool and reliable device that is perfect right out of the box with no problems at all.
    No kidding! How could you, Dad? Even if it is a POS, just HOW COULD YA???
    its amazing isnt it. Having buyers remorse, or their wife/girlfriend realized how much he paid for it.
    Or maybe he realized just how much Obama and Co want to take from his paycheck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:40 AM
    Ahhh yes, ENTITLED, ENTITLED, ENTITLED
    +1 They replaced it once. Sucks for you.
    08-03-09 12:20 PM
    I think he might have been making one of those tongue-in-cheek statements.

If he was then I apologize.
    08-03-09 01:31 PM
    it doesn't matter if you pay $500 for a phone, or $50. you should get a phone that operates as expected.

trackball problems, losse batter cover, bluetooth not working are all issues that a phone should not have.

if you are the kind of person that those things doesn't bother you....great.
    08-03-09 11:01 PM

switched to verizon from at&t on JULY 12. yesterday, after being aggravated by another day of trackball issues on the TOUR, i took it to be exchanged. i did a trackball test, the millionth battery pull, and went to my nearest vzw store. the store REFUSED to exchange it! after explaining to the ***** clerk at the front desk what "INTERMITTENT" meant, he proceeded to adjust the sensitivity on the phone, and say "well, thats a little better"..........he told me that they needed to be able to see the issue and that they couldnt do anything, the manager said the same, and i left after venting a few very colorful adjectives to them. went to my car, called customer svc.....

the girl on the phone was a breath of fresh air (not being sarcastic, she was great, and did credit my acct 25 bux at the end) BUT. she did call the store, and stated that the reason the store couldnt exchange the phone, was that there was not a tech on hand. she put me on hold, and called another store, no tech on hand. the final store 10 miles away from my house, had a tech! so she was going to send me over to that store so they could exchange it.

AM I CRAZY? DOES VZW HAVE A 30 day exchange or not? what do you guys think, and what would you do.
    08-05-09 07:23 AM

switched to verizon from at&t on JULY 12. yesterday, after being aggravated by another day of trackball issues on the TOUR, i took it to be exchanged. i did a trackball test, the millionth battery pull, and went to my nearest vzw store. the store REFUSED to exchange it! after explaining to the ***** clerk at the front desk what "INTERMITTENT" meant, he proceeded to adjust the sensitivity on the phone, and say "well, thats a little better"..........he told me that they needed to be able to see the issue and that they couldnt do anything, the manager said the same, and i left after venting a few very colorful adjectives to them. went to my car, called customer svc.....

the girl on the phone was a breath of fresh air (not being sarcastic, she was great, and did credit my acct 25 bux at the end) BUT. she did call the store, and stated that the reason the store couldnt exchange the phone, was that there was not a tech on hand. she put me on hold, and called another store, no tech on hand. the final store 10 miles away from my house, had a tech! so she was going to send me over to that store so they could exchange it.

AM I CRAZY? DOES VZW HAVE A 30 day exchange or not? what do you guys think, and what would you do.
    What corporate VZW store doesnt have a tech on hand???
    08-05-09 07:52 AM
    This is sad. VZW corp stores should offer the best CS around. I mean look how much $$ we pay just for the service!

When I bought my Tour on day one the CS guy didn't even come around the counter to talk about the device, but simply pointed to the display model on the opposite side of the wall. No biggie. I already knew I wanted it from the stuff I was reading for awhile. Next, he tried to pressure me into a monthly insurance plan on top of the pricey plan I was already paying. I had my 8730e for years with hardly a problem. Then he made sure to stress the $35 restock fee.

Fortunately, the horizontal scroll thing seemed to almost fix itself, especially after I wiped the device and reloaded the base OS.

The headjack problem is only when I use an "L" shaped connector. A straight connector into the jack, like with the one they provided with the device, works perfectly. Also the suggestion to get a small extension cable will let the "L" connector headphones I have work fine.

Overall, I am REALLY impressed with the Tour. I love it. Of course, with the WiFi BB's coming out, I probably will be a little envious.
    08-05-09 08:08 AM
    It's pretty safe to say there is a few issues with the Tour - battery back is loose, big deal...

Trackball is flaky on mine as well..

Crazy VZ Navigator prob where the voice actually comes through the earpiece..

EVERY PHONE HAS A PROBLEM!!

So you go get it replaced at the store thinking that's an ultimate fix. And THAT phone does the same damn thing?!

What does this tell you? - It tells me that these phones that the stores have in stock now go through the same exact manufacturing process. These phones are NOT handmade - so they are going to have similar screw ups. Why demand 3, 4, 5 replacements when they most likely will ALL have the same problem?!
    08-05-09 09:45 PM
    @ Spangler07

So what happened?? What was the outcome??
    08-06-09 12:07 PM
    @ Spangler07

So what happened?? What was the outcome??
    They probably called his whiney bluff and told him to deal..
    08-06-09 01:06 PM
    But I still want a tour.
    You're experiencing the same thing (twice, even) that thousands of others have experienced with recent BlackBerry models and YOU STILL WANT ONE?

Incredible. Einstein said doing the same thing over & over, expecting a different result, is a sign of insanity.

You really need to start questioning the cellphone manufacturers' hype. Until you do, you will continue to get the same junk. But there RIM sits, insulated because so many people blame the carrier for what RIM messed up.

08-06-09 01:41 PM
    But there RIM sits, insulated because so many people blame the carrier for what RIM messed up.

Dont you know, its all VZW's fault
    08-06-09 04:30 PM
    Dont you know, its all VZW's fault
    Oh I know - I even tried to blame VZW for my generator problems last week. Too bad it was just a secondary LP valve that was shut off.

08-06-09 04:47 PM
    Everything Is Verizon's Fault!!!

08-06-09 04:47 PM
    Oh I know - I even tried to blame VZW for my generator problems last week. Too bad it was just a secondary LP valve that was shut off.

you know ive been noticing a squeaking noise coming from my front shock on my tahoe, Im gonna have to give VZW a call and let then know how I feel. Hey maybe I can get a new Tour out of it.
    08-06-09 05:18 PM
    you know ive been noticing a squeaking noise coming from my front shock on my tahoe, Im gonna have to give VZW a call and let then know how I feel. Hey maybe I can get a new Tour out of it.
    Yeah well, Ive noticed these phantom vibrations (P.V.) coming from my rear, near my pocket where my BB usually resides. I certainly has to be Verizons fault! Im going to contact them and see if I can get something free from them, anything would be nice.
    Last edited by cenloe; 08-06-09 at 05:40 PM.
    08-06-09 05:37 PM
    What corporate VZW store doesnt have a tech on hand???
    About 75% of them.
    08-06-09 05:38 PM
    Yeah well, Ive noticed these phantom vibrations (P.V.) coming from my rear, near my pocket where my BB usually resides. I certainly has to be Verizons fault! Im going to contact them and see if I can get something free from them, anything would be nice.
    Oh sure. Blame verizon for those barking spiders!
    About 75% of them.
    This is true. Some don't even have people all that familiar with smartphones. If you go to their site and do a store location search, it will tell you what stores offer what. Kiosks almost never have techs and a lot of the smaller stores don't have them. It is the same for any carrier.
    08-06-09 06:15 PM
    hey lucky number 13 is right here! I would never ask verizon for anything, just a device that works
    08-06-09 06:35 PM
    Oh sure. Blame verizon for those barking spiders!
    Oh those "barking spiders" are all me!
    08-07-09 10:38 AM
    hey lucky number 13 is right here! I would never ask verizon for anything, just a device that works
    Lucky number 13? Please don't tell me you switched out your phone that many times.
    08-07-09 12:22 PM
    i have seen and used around 20 tours counting all the floor models i have tested. you would be amazed at all the variations. the one that bugged me the most was i went into one store in my city and they had 2 floor models out.

both of the floor models radio signal was -84 dBm. mine was -96 dBm. i was dropping calls daily. i am sure some of you would have just kept the phone and settled for having a phone that doesn't work like it should.

that doesn't fly with me.
    08-13-09 10:52 PM
    both of the floor models radio signal was -84 dBm. mine was -96 dBm. i was dropping calls daily. i am sure some of you would have just kept the phone and settled for having a phone that doesn't work like it should.

that doesn't fly with me.
    Doesn't fly with me either - the sample variation on Tour is worse than Storm & Storm is worse than Curve2. Curve2 is worse than Curve. Notice a trend here?

Anymore, I feel like I stand here trying to convince people their Yugo isn't as good as a Toyota. But oh boy - that GV convertible sure is cool!

Too many people think they know what is good, but they'd not know quality if it bit them.

08-13-09 11:15 PM

Too many people think they know what is good, but they'd not know quality if it bit them.

Either you are Verizon's Total Quality Manager or your arrogance is staggering. (My money is on option B). Perhaps you would tell us common folk what qualifies you to make such pronouncements.

08-13-09 11:42 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD