08-17-09 03:52 PM
67 123
tools
    Yeah right
    08-13-09 12:39 PM
    well why not? I would not give it up either!
    08-13-09 12:43 PM
    Lol they would have my @ss for that one.
    08-13-09 12:44 PM
    Hang Ups=Fired
    I've been on this end too... same gal as my last post... I warned her.. ( doubt she heard me.. ) and disconnected...
    AS A SUPERVISOR...
    got fired. but then this is AT&T
    This is verizon. My supervisor had to push my release button on me when I was having my life threatened. He plugged in and when he heard what was going on... *click*
    I was in tears and was sent home for the day... This was before I grew my tech lizard skin.
    08-13-09 12:46 PM
    I've been on this end too... same gal as my last post... I warned her.. ( doubt she heard me.. ) and disconnected...
    AS A SUPERVISOR...
    got fired. but then this is AT&T
    This is verizon. My supervisor had to push my release button on me when I was having my life threatened. He plugged in and when he heard what was going on... *click*
    I was in tears and was sent home for the day... This was before I grew my tech lizard skin.
    Holy f threatened your life? Those are times where I might lose my job going off on the customer.
    08-13-09 12:57 PM
    When I worked at an airline's reservation centre, I had an Inuit call me a 'crazy c*nt'. It was good times.
    08-13-09 01:00 PM
    Thats the stuff I laugh at. Like if this phone is going to be this big of an issue then go get a damn iphone. I think its hilarious that people blow stuff out of proportion.
    08-13-09 01:02 PM
    You had an eskimo call you a cun(*)t. Wow! effin eskimos
    08-13-09 01:05 PM
    Heh..

I like to see how creative they get..

My grandfather was retired Army, my father retired Navy, and I'm former Navy.. I have many friends in the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps.. Have a few friends in the Air Force and Coast Guard as well..

You have to get REAL creative to impress me..

99/100 you get the run of the mill,"F-this, S-that, F-you!" calls.. But every once in a blue moon you get the crown jewels..

Once had a guy call in, just to tell me, "F*** the iPhone, you guys rock!" and hung up.. That was it, quoted. Didn't give me his name, issue, or anything.. He had an Omnia, IIRC.. Made me laugh..

But yeah, I just put it on mute, and let it roll till there done.. Extra points for creativity, like I said..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 01:22 PM
    I love when they go off and you just wait untill they're done.... and its like awkward quiet... and then ask if they're done... Pretty much stepping back and treating them like a toddler helps the situation. I did have one guy that was creative complaining about his signal dropping constantly. Dropped calls yada yada... I tried to talk and he would just yell "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW" to which I would say yes... what I need you to do... "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!".... CLICK B*tch now I can't hear you.
    08-13-09 01:29 PM
    You can't please them all. The few times I've been cursed out, is from customers that try to pull a fast one. I try to please all my customers, but when you're asking me to do something thats gonna put my job in jeopardy, I can't do nothing for ya man. You can curse at me all you want as long as you don't touch me.
    08-13-09 01:35 PM
    This is with any job working for the public... I wish I could find where these crazy confused angry customers worked and paid them a visit.

Just come up to them and scream for no reason because the company they worked for didn't implement some crazy policy that I came up with.
    08-13-09 10:33 PM
    I take escalated situations, generally people are respectful they just didn't believe the previous rep and we're usually affirming what the previous representative said.

We get special training in order to de-escalate aggravated customers. Really you don't want to call them sir or ma'am. You want to call them by their first name, it puts you on a more personal level than sir or ma'am. Also, just letting them vent and listening acknowledging what they said and tell them what you can do, not what you can't. Being calm & collected, knowing your facts, and just giving correct information really goes a long way.

We do have a lot of extra leeway to resolve situations but generally I am backing up the previous representative.
    08-13-09 11:25 PM
    memorable moment: customer going off in tech support because they wouldnt replace his phone under warranty (water damage probably)... walks over and to sales counter and asks for the manager. My assistant managers first day in store, the customer hurls the phone at him. good stuff.

I personally like my brothers method of handling angry customers... Look at them with eye contact as they yell and scream and curse you out and dont say a word. When they are done, just keep looking at them until they are like "WELL?!?!?!" and say "omg, im sorry, i must have zoned out... I completely missed what you are angry about, can you just repeat what you said please?" :0)
    08-13-09 11:43 PM
    In my various jobs I had someone threaten to blow up the building I was in, tell a bold face lie about me threatning to kill thei financial portfolio to the CEO because our company removed a feature from our software he wanted me to put back on. Had a lady once tell me in retail that if I told her one more time we could not return her 2 year old vaccum she would hit me upside the head with it. People are just crazy!

08-14-09 12:21 AM
    "omg, im sorry, i must have zoned out... I completely missed what you are angry about, can you just repeat what you said please?" :0)
    That would be priceless! I had a guy call in yesterday who is trying to activate his BES with the 29.99 plan. I explain to him that he needs the 44.99 and he loses it, he says he's not mad at me while he continues to complain and bash verizon that we aren't trained well blah blah. I guess a store rep told him 29.99 would do BES and the 44.99 plan was for instant messaging.WTF does that mean? I still can't believe we deal with simple questions like this everyday, and its always the most simple issues that get blown above and beyond.
    08-14-09 08:25 AM
    LOL...Let me just start out by saying that I am a former Alltel corp sales rep converted to VZW rep. I can reassure you that I get cussed out at least 3 times a day...&& that's on a good day. Our store is mad busy as we are the closest corp location around. Even though we are just the middle man, we don't make the plans nor the phone...we get blamed. Cust expect us to have all the answers and solutions and being that we are a transitioning store, we do not have techs or cust care in our store like most VZW locations. Cust care will inform the cust that they need to go into a local VZW store and when they get to our location && we tell them that they have to drive 30 mins away...all **** breaks loose. I love my job despite the long hours && hard work but any cust who reads this..please understand that we are doing our best but like any other company, we have policies that we have to follow.
    08-14-09 05:50 PM
    i am not a verizon rep, but i am a computer tech, and oh boy! people throw curse words at you and not know that A. they make them selves look ignorant doing it. B. they dont realize that we can talk and listen, C. they think that the louder the voice is, the faster we want to help them and fix everything like we enjoy it. in the computer repair business you learn to grow a thick shell and notice that you patience just grows, knowing that as soon as they are done exploding we can start to try and get to the root of the problem. people need to remember how to communicate problems, not yell them or curse them out. we were not all born on a pirate ship! (say that while holding down your tongue with a finger) lol
    08-14-09 06:01 PM
    I just wanted to ask if there were any reps or anyone who has worked in customer service out there that had people curse at them or generally be p*ssed off. I can usually handle any situation before going to a supervisor... in 5 months I have had one call go to a supervisor. But I had a lady that had 2 phone she "just bought" show up lost/stolen. A BB storm and a BB curve. She didn't sound like she used to be a sailor but she was as bad as anyone I had ever heard. Normally we warn customer's I think its a required 2 or 3 times. I told this lady several times that she needed to get in touch with whoever sold her the phones and that this is a professional call(for the most part) and she needed to stop cursing... which set her off even more. Anyway, after about 10 minutes we got no where but her trying to make me feel like a walking four letter word. Any other reps have any stories about customer's going off on them?
    Dude... I'm a paramedic... I've been hit, bit, had a gun pulled on me, you name it. People get pissed. They swear. It isn't anything to cry about.
    08-14-09 06:10 PM
    That would be priceless! I had a guy call in yesterday who is trying to activate his BES with the 29.99 plan. I explain to him that he needs the 44.99 and he loses it, he says he's not mad at me while he continues to complain and bash verizon that we aren't trained well blah blah. I guess a store rep told him 29.99 would do BES and the 44.99 plan was for instant messaging.WTF does that mean? I still can't believe we deal with simple questions like this everyday, and its always the most simple issues that get blown above and beyond.
    Just wait til you have been in tech awhile longer and discover that many of your co-workers either slept through training or are just showing up for a paycheck. The interesting things you will hear from an escalated customer are alot of fun......not really.

I work in marketing now so I deal with alot of customers who want perks and discounts on things. Can't please everyone all the time. At the end of the day, if you have done what the company wants you to do and if you put forth your best effort on every call like the company wants you to, then you have to walk away from some experiences as just being too irrational or silly to be resolved in the manner the customer wants it resolved.
    08-14-09 08:00 PM
    Not surprised with everyone on here. I just left VZW for Sprint
    08-14-09 08:33 PM
    Not surprised with everyone on here. I just left VZW for Sprint
    Cool. Trolls deserve Sprint.

08-14-09 08:36 PM
    laughing at trolls deserve sprint.
    08-14-09 08:38 PM
    You ever get one of those people who isn't angry at anything, but they just cuss...and cuss...and cuss...and cuss again like a sailor? (Or a 10 year old trying to sound big on Xbox Live.) I dunno why, but I always have to hold in a laugh at calls like that. They're not mad at you or anyone else, but they cuss to a rediculous degree. I find them amusing for some odd reason.
    08-14-09 11:21 PM
    I have never cussed at or even at the urge to cuss at Customer Service when I call. I usually end up making a "friend" and having a conversation with them. Usually because my 5 year old is in the background going "Who are you talking tooooooo!?!?!" and I say "Sorry my son is being nosey." and they ask "How old?" and then we're friends Wow kind of makes me sound pathetic, lol
    08-15-09 12:02 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD