08-17-09 02:52 PM
67 123
tools
    I just wanted to ask if there were any reps or anyone who has worked in customer service out there that had people curse at them or generally be p*ssed off. I can usually handle any situation before going to a supervisor... in 5 months I have had one call go to a supervisor. But I had a lady that had 2 phone she "just bought" show up lost/stolen. A BB storm and a BB curve. She didn't sound like she used to be a sailor but she was as bad as anyone I had ever heard. Normally we warn customer's I think its a required 2 or 3 times. I told this lady several times that she needed to get in touch with whoever sold her the phones and that this is a professional call(for the most part) and she needed to stop cursing... which set her off even more. Anyway, after about 10 minutes we got no where but her trying to make me feel like a walking four letter word. Any other reps have any stories about customer's going off on them?
    08-13-09 07:46 AM
    With your listening skills and abrupt changes in stance, I can understand why this happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 08:48 AM
    No pal, I never get supe calls! Theres people at this center that once a week have people asking for supervisors but not I!
    08-13-09 09:17 AM
    I have had customers call me everything but a white mam. Please no offense intended. I deal with resolutions in our call center in the data support department. And even though we are given a lot of lee way for a resolution, we still have to abide by certain rules and procedures for the benefit of both customer and company. I have also had some customers where their everyday language was colorful. So their swearing was NOT belligerent or intended as such. They were just looking for another opinion. You know the old rep shopping process.
    08-13-09 09:27 AM
    Easiest way I've found to deal with these people is to just stop talking when they start yelling and swearing. Eventually they run out of steam and ask if you are still there. Ask if they are done yelling and swearing and go from there.

I've hung up on a few people over the years. If you haven't I would suggest more late night shifts.

08-13-09 09:28 AM
    Easiest way I've found to deal with these people is to just stop talking when they start yelling and swearing. Eventually they run out of steam and ask if you are still there. Ask if they are done yelling and swearing and go from there.

I've hung up on a few people over the years. If you haven't I would suggest more late night shifts.

Yeah I have hung up on ppl because I don't think I Caused your problem and don't deserved to be treated like total sh*t. I got a friend that works in prepaid CSR and he gets ppl all the time going off
    08-13-09 09:32 AM
    when someone does it in store, i start working slower. and slower. until i am pecking single keys, then when the person stops, i tell them what i am doign and if they can change the tude and treat me like a person,at that point I work fast.
    08-13-09 09:34 AM
    I would never think that working at Verizon will give cause for someone to curse at you. Wow. With such great service, awesome phones, and just the all out great network, why would anyone want to curse at you guys. I mean I love Verizon. I am at my wits end why someone would want to curse at you guys. God Bless
    08-13-09 09:41 AM

Sorry...I am not a rep but I like your approach. Years ago I worked in a high traffic retail environment and took my share of irate customer phone calls. I would ask "Have we ever spoken to each other before?" Ans: No. Then I would say, "Hi, my name is ____and what is your name?" Then, "How can I help you today?" After the answer I would say "OK, but first I could use your help by the two of us showing mutual respect for each other and then we'll see what I can do for you."

This was my approach and it worked about 90% of the time. There is always going to be that **** that is just looking for some verbal sparring.
    08-13-09 09:47 AM
    I would never think that working at Verizon will give cause for someone to curse at you. Wow. With such great service, awesome phones, and just the all out great network, why would anyone want to curse at you guys. I mean I love Verizon. I am at my wits end why someone would want to curse at you guys. God Bless
    Is that sarcasm somewhere in there?
    People with their entitled to everything mentality get mad when someone finally says no, after they have been told yes. Nothing makes me feel better than saying NO YOU CAN'T just have a new phone because you have been here for 10 years but upgraded two months ago.
    And I agree with the post above. If I treat you like a gentleman respect me the same.
    08-13-09 09:49 AM
    I just wanted to ask if there were any reps or anyone who has worked in customer service out there that had people curse at them or generally be p*ssed off.
    Did you think anyone would answer "no" to this?
    08-13-09 10:06 AM
    I would never think that working at Verizon will give cause for someone to curse at you. Wow. With such great service, awesome phones, and just the all out great network, why would anyone want to curse at you guys.
    Those things are all very true. Then there are people like yourself who boast of having 14 phones.
    08-13-09 10:08 AM
    Did you think anyone would answer "no" to this?
    No
    10 char
    08-13-09 10:10 AM
    I'm sure when dealing with the public ya get some real winners, I hope I get you next time I call!
    08-13-09 10:12 AM
    I've worked a few customer service jobs in the past, most were behind a bar where I could tell someone to eff off or kick them out on their arse, but a few were guiding jobs where I had to be professional. While I mostly delt with rich pricks, it seems some of your clientele could be of the less than desirable sort. Those you can easily pick out, mostly by their swearing and raising of heck. Take the high road, know that in your cool and calm manner you are being the bigger man. Dont let them have that little bit of control over you that they seek.
    08-13-09 10:14 AM
    yes that was sarcasm, i could not do what you do. I wouldnt want to talk to me if i called in either! Hang up on them, simple as that.
    08-13-09 10:27 AM
    Hang Ups=Fired
    08-13-09 10:28 AM
    Wasn't boasting, and its 13 between the wife and me, I am a very happy man with my storm (13) now. It had to be made in Hungary for it to work for me I think. I will go back to my corner now.
    08-13-09 10:29 AM
    Are you serious? If you hang up you are fired? When I sold for ATT T Mobile and Sprint I once told a lady that I could not build a effin tower at her house (face to face). I do know how you feel Blue and Bold, I guess you have to take them with a grain of salt. (By the way the lady did not buy it from me, did not make me any money, just wanted to come in the Sams club and complain to me, I even gave her a new sim to try out before she went on a rant with me, darn rednecks!)
    08-13-09 10:33 AM
    Yeah dude like we can hang up after we warn them but we can't be like this guy is dumb click
    08-13-09 10:34 AM
    Ok I was going to say, if you warn them, you should be able to just click!
    08-13-09 10:36 AM
    I am really laughing now, I have been following this thread and went outside to smoke, and guess what was in the mail@!

Dear Clint,

I would ike to personally thank you for being such a loyal customer. Your business means a lot to us, and we're committed to bringing you the very best in wireless-every single day. From best-in-class customer service to innovative new products, we're passionate about continually enhancing and improving our services.

One of the many advantages of being a Verizon Wireless customer is your personalized online account, My Verizon enables you to quickly and conveniently make charges to your plan, review statements, check usage, add/delete features and learn about your device . If you haven't done so, now is the perfect time to sign up by going to verizonwireless/com/myverizon today!

Thank you again for choosing Verizon Wireless,

Sincerely

Jim Naughton
    Executive Director, Marketing.
    Last edited by CARTEEUSMC; 08-13-09 at 11:24 AM.
    08-13-09 10:49 AM
    I am really laughing now, I have been following this thread and went outside to smoke, and guess what was in the mail@! Dear Clint,

I would ike to personally thank you for being such a loyal customer. Your business means a lot to us, and we're committed to bringing you the very best in wireless-every single day. From best-in-class customer service to innovative new products, we're passionate about continually enhancing and improving our services.

One of the many advantages of being a Verizon Wireless customer is your personalized online account, My Verizon enables you to quickly and conveniently make charges to your plan, review statements, check usage, add/delete features and learn about your device . If you haven't done so, now is the perfect time to sign up by going to verizonwireless/com/myverizon today!

Thank you again for choosing Verizon Wireless,

Sincerely

Jim Naughton
    Executive Director, Marketing.
    pfft Oh Jim you so funny
    08-13-09 10:54 AM
    hey blue and bold I want to have your extension so if I have to call verizon.....I get someone that knows that he is talking about!
    08-13-09 11:15 AM
    I've been in that situation once or twice. ( okay more than that... )
    Working for verizon most of my sup calls and curse calls are from people who want a replacement and cant have one... Such requests as in "I'm on my 8th curve I want a tour" and history shows theyve had 3 devices. and not been exchanged w/ in 90 days of each other. people who refuse to troubleshoot.
    I did have this one guy who was p/o because we didnt support getting his email to his outlook and didnt believe that verizon wireless was a different company from verizon communications.
    My last job was supervisor for AT&T customer service center and I had a double escalation come to me and the woman just screamed in the phone. No words just "AHHHHHHHHHHHH" in the phone whenever I tried to say a word.

That happens from time to time. I hate it because I generally get turned off to the desire to help when they are rude and angry to me.
    08-13-09 11:39 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD