All phones that run android are considered smartphones are they not? Settle an argument..... specific phone being argued about is the new moto
    10-25-09 04:41 PM
    Yes, Jim - wrong forum, though
    10-25-09 04:42 PM
    Wrong forum... But right place for the most accurate information....

And what fool is saying the new Moto is not a smartphone?!?!?
    10-25-09 06:00 PM
    Okay let me be the first to ask.

Will I need a data plan with Droid phone?
    10-25-09 06:08 PM
    Okay let me be the first to ask.

Will I need a data plan with Droid phone?
    No, you will not. Just buy it, cancel service & pay the ETF. You have a Droid without a data plan!

And only then will you be able to say your BlackBerry does more than your Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 06:12 PM
    Wrong forum... But right place for the most accurate information....

And what fool is saying the new Moto is not a smartphone?!?!?
    Thats why I came here... I think that crackberry is way too forum specific anyways. someone that suggested a moto droid to get around paying a data plan
    10-25-09 06:43 PM
    No, you will not. Just buy it, cancel service & pay the ETF. You have a Droid without a data plan!

And only then will you be able to say your BlackBerry does more than your Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is nice, but BB meets my needs. Phone, browser, email, and camera. While the droid does have a much nicer camera.
    10-25-09 07:32 PM
    Much nicer everything actually...

Training on it started today...

The one thing I am worried about tho, is that this phone is more complex than BlackBerrys. So if Android really does becomes popular, and eaten up by people who don't understand phones, the way BlackBerrys have, then CS is going to have a lot more people calling in, having no idea how to work the thing....
    10-28-09 01:15 AM
    Much nicer everything actually...

Training on it started today...

The one thing I am worried about tho, is that this phone is more complex than BlackBerrys. So if Android really does becomes popular, and eaten up by people who don't understand phones, the way BlackBerrys have, then CS is going to have a lot more people calling in, having no idea how to work the thing....
    Ugh, don't remind me.

The real reason we have touchscreen dumbphones is because...well, guess it's not PC for me to say.

Actually, it looks nice overall, but one thing stands out for me. You can stick your contacts as icons on the main screen. Why annoy random people with your pocket calls when you can annoy somebody specific? I like this phone already!

(Still getting Omnia 2. The end is near! I can feel it! Wheeee!!!)
    10-28-09 01:36 AM
    A colleague/friend of mine really wanted the Omnia 2, but fell in love with the Android platform when he got to use the Droid....

Doesn't know yet if he wants the Moto or to wait for the HTC one... The "Passion" as its being called at the moment, appears to be an amazing device, would really make the Hero seem obsolete....
    10-28-09 01:42 AM
    Eh, I've always had a soft spot for Samsung's take on widgets.

Anywho, that aside, I'm kind of a Samsung fangirl. I have a Samsung Refridgerator for crying out loud. :P
    10-28-09 03:14 AM
    Samsung makes really nice refrigerators, at least their new ones. I used to work at Best Buy, and we sold them....

As for the Omnia 2.... I just want to try a platform I haven't had experience with...
    10-28-09 03:40 AM
    Oh, I'm sure they'll have some toys around the office we can play with eventually...
    10-28-09 04:06 AM
    We got to play with some last week, but we don't start our training til next week I believe. I'd like to have a day or two with it to really put it through its paces before I make a final decision. Android 1.0 was a total flop, and a terrible mobile phone OS, so here's to hoping 2.0 is improved.

I'm tempted to trade in my Tour for one, but I don't want to make the same mistake I made last year. It's a sleek phone though, that's for sure.
    10-28-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD