12-30-09 02:27 PM
28 12
tools
    I know that complaints are are vocalized 10 to 1 over compliments, but am I the only one happy with Verizon.

Whether it's equipment problem (dust under screen replacement with ease), billing questions, or any other issues, they are always prompt and courteous.

Is it that I am polite? Never get prissy? Never complain about corporate policies for which I contracted? Or don't b1tch and moan about being denied early upgrade this or free that?

Am I the only one happy with VZ?
    12-27-09 06:08 PM
    No i love verizon. I have had Cingular before it was ATT and then ATT and some small company based on the westcoast. And ive been happiest with verizon. i havehad nothing to complain about and cant really see why people do have so many negative things to say
    12-27-09 06:16 PM
    Definitely not. I share your opinion of VZ(W). Their ccare towers above all others in my experience: I can't remember hanging up with them and not being satisfied. Ever. On any issue. Never.

Where they could use some improvement though, IMO, is in the dreaded corp stores. Maybe it's just me, and the fact that there's only one major corp store in Louisville, but I've frequently been frustrated going in there. The reps have always been nice enough, but in my experience the call center folks exhibit a lot more knowledge than the store reps (for the most part... there are always exceptions.) I temper this by understanding that the store reps don't necessarily get paid to stand and talk tech for 20 minutes with a guy who obviously isn't buying a new phone, where the ccare folks are typically more than happy to deal with my issue and share their experiences. Stores are designed to sell phones - more importantly, to sell smartphones with $30 data plans. But my local corp store's always packed, the reps are harried, and service suffers. Whether they need to staff up, do a better job at the door in filtering customers to the right place, or what, it's an area for improvement.

But yes, I'm very happy with VZW. Can't imagine going elsewhere.
    12-27-09 06:18 PM
    I know that complaints are are vocalized 10 to 1 over compliments, but am I the only one happy with Verizon.

Whether it's equipment problem (dust under screen replacement with ease), billing questions, or any other issues, they are always prompt and courteous.

Is it that I am polite? Never get prissy? Never complain about corporate policies for which I contracted? Or don't b1tch and moan about being denied early upgrade this or free that?

There are plenty people happy with VZW, however the happy ones are not as vocal. Any time you have a unhappy person with ANY company, it tends to spread faster and farther then a happy incident. Even here for example, when someone posts something good, it maybe gets 10-14 replies but make Bing the only Browser and make people have to type in a web address and you have a 70+ page thread.
    12-27-09 06:19 PM
    I am very happy with vzw and they will continue receiving 200 bucks a month from me! I love the customer service and a great network! Now I just wanna see the cdma version of the nexus so I can add a line and be even more happy owning the greatest phone on the best network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 06:25 PM
    There are plenty people happy with VZW, however the happy ones are not as vocal. Any time you have a unhappy person with ANY company, it tends to spread faster and farther then a happy incident. Even here for example, when someone posts something good, it maybe gets 10-14 replies but make Bing the only Browser and make people have to type in a web address and you have a 70+ page thread.
    Hahaha, the Bing comment made me laugh. I can't believe people are making such an issue out of it.

At one point in a marketing class I vaguely remember these figures: do something well (as a company), and the customer will tell 3-5 people; do something poorly they'll tell 10-12; do something poorly and THEN FIX IT, and the customer will tell 20+ people how great you are. Not directly applicable, but I'd say it holds fairly true with respect to posting on forums.
    12-27-09 06:25 PM
    Bing honestly isn't bad at all, I'm running opera anyways so I can't complain.

12-27-09 06:29 PM
    I am also happy with V. They always do what they can to help and have even had reps call me back to make sure things were going smoothly and that the resolution was still the proper one. My ONLY issue is not their fault and that is my BB is my ONLY phone, so sometimes I have to go in to the local corp store to get tech support. It doesn't matter if it's in person or on the phone, I never feel like they're rushing to get done with me and on to the next customer. I've been in enough that one of the tech reps actually noticed when I had gotten a hair cut,lol.
    12-27-09 06:31 PM
    Bing honestly isn't bad at all, I'm running opera anyways so I can't complain.

Hey, you don't need to tell me that. Tell the raging mob. You even mention any support for the Bing push and they jump down your throats like a bunch of crazies.......bad times......any way, I just downloaded the Google App, happy happy.
    12-27-09 06:32 PM
    Hey, you don't need to tell me that. Tell the raging mob. You even mention any support for the Bing push and they jump down your throats like a bunch of crazies.......bad times......any way, I just downloaded the Google App, happy happy.
    Haha I was just backing what you where saying, I don't dare post in the bing thread because a bunch of angry badgers will threaten to chew my head off!

12-27-09 06:35 PM
    Am I the only one who likes using every search engine I can get my little typing fingers on?
    12-27-09 06:56 PM
    Verizon is the best. I am happy with them and I miss selling it. But there are some people on the store level that shouldn't be selling it. They are understaffed and people do get impatient. But if they don't know an ans instead of trying to bull themselves through it, they should admit they don't know and try to find someone who does. Giving wrong information about a phone is not a good thing to do.
    Customer Care is more knowledgeable and for the most part, more polite too
    12-28-09 12:06 AM
    I'm running opera anyways so I can't complain.

Same here as to Opera. I love Verizon. I'm especially happy when friends or family visits with their ATT phones and can't even send texts, much less call or surf or check email. Not happy they can't do things but that I can.
    12-28-09 12:54 AM
    Personally, I just transferred to Verizon (which was a total debacle), and I love it! I was on Tmo and I couldn't even stream radio, roughly 3/4 of the time my data didn't work, my call quality sucked. Literally everything that could be bad was. I couldn't be happier now. Good call quality, fast (and reliable!) data, good customer service (over the phone at least), good device selection. I'm so glad I stuck with it to get switched!
    12-29-09 02:38 AM

I think if you stop and look and read, the happy people greatly out number the unhappy.
    12-29-09 06:20 AM
    i'm very happy with Verizon! i've had great coverage all around the US, and the few places i went outside of the US. Customer service is good in my experience. i like the choice of phones. VZ Navigator is one of my favorite apps.

12-29-09 06:39 AM
    I have no complaints with Verizon. The coverage is great for my area, the few times I have had to use customer service (difficult phone transfers) they were polite and courteous. I was grandfathered in from Alltel, so my plan is cheaper than the Verizon equivilant, and they are yet to try to overcharge me.
    Posted from my BlackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-29-09 07:04 AM
    I too am very satisfied with my Verizon experience. Both their phone support and their corporate store (in my own personal experience), have been top-notch so far.

As far as the Bing! issue is concerned; and I know I'm swimming in a pool full of sharks wearing nothing but pork-chop flavored underwear here; as I've posted before, all I have to say is six little words... "Always ensure you read your contract."
    12-29-09 07:25 AM
    Happy as happy can be!

VZW has never let me down.
    12-29-09 08:43 AM
    You are NOT the only one.
    12-29-09 10:19 AM
    Is it that I am polite? Never get prissy? Never complain about corporate policies for which I contracted? Or don't b1tch and moan about being denied early upgrade this or free that? (Quoting Hal1 here)

I completely agree. I've been with VZW for over 6 years now, and no complaints to speak of. There is a corporate store near me I've been going to for quite some time, and they have a very low turnover rate. The reps are knowledgeable and coutreous, never hurrying me, and always helpful with my questions. They allowed me to take part in the Droid BOGO almost a month after my wife got hers. We got the second one as a gift for my son-in-law. The rep didn't know the answer to our question, asked the mgr, and we were hooked up! I think that being polite, respectful and using the golden rule go a loooong way in getting people to help you.
    12-29-09 10:15 PM
    I have been through WAY too much crap in my 26 years of life to worry about a cell phone company. People need to realize what really is important and matters and realize things could be so much worse in their lives. If what a cell company does is the worst part of their lives then I envy them.

I've had small issues with Verizon but I either call and find out what's going on or just realize "that is life" and move on. No sense in getting upset or all worked up over stupid petty little things.
    12-29-09 10:38 PM
    I have had verizon for 9 years now I think and I wouldn't change a thing. They have helped me out in many cases and when I did have problems and sent them messages, they always got back to me and tried to make good on whatever the prob was. I def think that the CS I reach when I call on average are more knowledgeable but there will always be a few hit or misses

As for the whole bing thing...who cares? just b/c they make that the default doesn't mean you can't go to the google site. Mine is still google anyway but whatever....

LOVE VZW
    12-29-09 11:09 PM
    [QUOTE=j Maybe it's just me, and the fact that there's only one major corp store in Louisville, but I've frequently been frustrated going in there. [QUOTE]

Um...there are 3 corporate stores in the Louisville area. The one on Shelbyville Rd, one on Preston Highway and the newest one across the river in Clarksville on Veterans Pkwy. They are all with 10 to 15 miles of each other, if that.

Also, you admit to not buying anything, yet you go into a store that you admit is already busy to chat? Then you complain about it being too busy? If people would take advantage of the self service options available to them, then they wouldn't need to go to the store and create a line...
    12-30-09 12:22 AM
    I've been with VZW for 5 years now and have been very happy until I looked at upgrading to a BB. $30 a month per line is what has kept me from doing it.
    12-30-09 04:07 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD