I have two separate primary lines, both with my name on them but my mom uses line #1. I use line #2, which is not due for an upgrade until November. On line #1 I have an enV2 and it has been over a year into the contract. I wanted to purchase the HTC Droid Incredible and use it on line #2. Am I allowed to get the HTC at a discount by buying it with the line #1 discount and then switch it to line #2. Would Verizon allow me to do this?
    05-01-10 07:13 AM
    Yes, i just called VZW a month ago to confirm that i could do this as well. i also have two separate primary lines, mine is not eligible but my other is. You'll just have to upgrade the eligible line and add the features it requires (data plan). Then when you get your upgrade activate it and accept the TOS. Then call VZW to switch it to your line and get your other line set back up with the previous phone.

It's not against policy or anything like that. So no need to be secretive with VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 07:18 AM
    Am I able to take care of this at the store without the phone on line #1 present?
    05-01-10 07:28 AM
    Yes, you can. Since the lines are in your name you have all the info and will do the contract signing. The rep will need to call line #1 user (they need to use a phone other than the VZW cell) to have them power down the VZW cell and then to power up and program it. So make sure line #1 user is available and using a phone other than the VZW cell.
    05-01-10 07:37 AM
    ok great - thanks for your help
    05-01-10 07:50 AM
    You're welcome.

05-01-10 07:52 AM
    I do this all the time on AT&T, four lines, many kids=many upgrades for me
    05-01-10 08:33 AM
    lol! Don't they get mad you take their upgrades. Aren't kids these days more into phones than we are?

05-01-10 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD