Just wanted to express what I have gone through this past month in regards to Verizon Billing and sales.

I had a new replacement 9650 sent to me last month, but it was the wrong model. Non camera... So that afternoon I went to the store to exchange it. There was no issue with doing the new in box exchange, which sometimes there are. But the only way for them to get the exchange to go thru. They had to scan the new device in on my account charging it, then refunding it off. bring total to $0.

Signed the first receipt which showed the charge. then signed the next receipt to show the refund. Total at $0

So a few weeks go by and I get my bill. More higher then normal.....I see they have the charge on there which i was told i would see, but there is no refund.

I call CSR and explain the issue with my bill. The CSR says that on my account it is only showing the charge and no refund was ever made. I explain to her that I have the receipts to show the charge and charge back refund. She says well since she is on the phone and can not see that, to go to the store and have the manager take care of the issue.

So.. I head down to Verizon again... and explain the issue and present all paper work and bill, and receipts from the last transaction.

They are stumped....

20 min later the manager comes out from the back and asks who's number this is? I said it was all under my account and my number.

He shows me the receipt and it shows another number, not even on my account and never existed on it!!!

So evidently when they did the charge and refund, the refund number they just plugged in what ever, but it did not reflect on my account since it was showing my account, but the number didn't exist, that is why it never refunded on my account.

So they has to put in a internal refund request which took about a week or so. But it's now taken care of..

Lesson of the day: Read your bill and keep all receipts, not matter what it is.
    09-16-10 10:48 AM
    Keeping your receipt is only common sence, I am surprised you think this is new
    09-16-10 11:38 AM
    I don't know about this information being new, but I bet most people never take a second glance beyond the bottom line of their receipts. Zero is zero, right? Not in this case! A great reminder by the op for all of us.
    09-16-10 01:02 PM
    Go a step farther and say "always carefully review what you're signing, even if it takes a little while, and verify that all information is correct prior to signing it."
    09-16-10 04:46 PM
    True, which I did and check the account number which matched. But didn't relize Verizon would create a fake number to allow it to go thru.
    09-17-10 09:52 AM
    Go a step farther and say "always carefully review what you're signing, even if it takes a little while, and verify that all information is correct prior to signing it."
    Have you ever noticed how surprised and then nervous and fidgety people get when you actually read something before you sign it? Like people are shocked you might actually want to know what you're agreeing to
    09-18-10 09:29 PM
    Have you ever noticed how surprised and then nervous and fidgety people get when you actually read something before you sign it? Like people are shocked you might actually want to know what you're agreeing to
    I sure have noticed, it's pretty sad really that reading that which you're about to sign is so rare that folks get nervous about it or wonder what the deal is.
    09-19-10 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD