The primary line on my account has an upgrade.

How do I get it online for myself, 1 year contract?
    06-22-10 07:06 PM
    If it shows online as available for an upgrade, you just use the upgrade (1 or 2 years) under that number, but when the equipment comes you activate it under your own number. You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions under the primary number so that line would start contract from that date.
    06-22-10 07:14 PM
    If it shows online as available for an upgrade, you just use the upgrade (1 or 2 years) under that number, but when the equipment comes you activate it under your own number. You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions under the primary number so that line would start contract from that date.
    Oh, thanks.

So it wouldn't be automatically activated?
    06-22-10 07:15 PM
    Nope. You will have to activate the device once you receive it.
    06-22-10 07:17 PM
    On a related note, can I do the following:

a secondary line is due for an upgrade. currently it is just an extra line with no data plan. can I use this upgrade to get a smartphone to activate on my line (the primary with a data plan) and then continue to use this secondary line with the existing dumb phone without having to add a data plan to it?
    06-22-10 07:23 PM
    Thats a good question I'd like to know myself. I would guess that they would want to automatically add the data plan but then once you receive the phone you call to activate it on the primary line. Any thoughts?
    06-22-10 07:34 PM
    You can do this, you just have to activate that phone on the number for a few minutes. Then you can deactivate it and activate it on your primary line.

I have done this with my blackberry storm, it worked great.

FYI, you will have to add a data plan on that number for those few minutes, but you can remove it when your finished and not get charged for it at all.
    06-22-10 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD