01-06-10 11:00 PM
47 12
tools
    No. Dealerships set their prices individually, not according to the manufacturer really, so they have room to haggle, which is a nightmare all on its own.

Verizon has a return policy, and they pretty much follow it strictly. Why are people surprised when they don't get what they want? Why do they think that they are entitled to some special treatment because they have been a customer for 5 years?
    I see no harm in asking, but getting upset if told no wouldn't work. In an era where there is little longevity or loyalty for many things, being a 5 year customer for a cell phone carrier is somewhat noteworthy. I do get an occassional free cup of coffee, without asking, at the coffee shop I frequent regularly on my way to work.

He should still call and ask, but not be surprised if they say no.
    12-21-09 04:45 PM
    I see no harm in asking, but getting upset if told no wouldn't work. In an era where there is little longevity or loyalty for many things, being a 5 year customer for a cell phone carrier is somewhat noteworthy. I do get an occassional free cup of coffee, without asking, at the coffee shop I frequent regularly on my way to work.

He should still call and ask, but not be surprised if they say no.
    A cup of coffee is a little different than a legal binding contract. There is nothing wrong with the Curve 8330, it will work fine for you.
    12-21-09 05:28 PM
    Every time I see these words, I cringe. I have been using the same gas station now for 10 years. They don't give me anything. We pay our utilities to the same company for 5 years. We get nothing from them.
    Then you may be missing out and should try another gas station.

The Starbucks I go to has given me two or three free drinks for waiting in the drive-through lane too long. I didn't have to say ANYTHING, they just handed me the drink and said "it's on us, that took too long". My dry cleaner has fixed buttons for me for free when they could have charged. My car dealership washes my car every time I bring it for service while the dealerships for the same make in nearby towns and cities do not. My local movie store gives me a free rental every so often, think Blockbuster does?

There are SO MANY companies offering incentives and deals and freebies to customers, it's no wonder that people expect it. And, at the same time and relative to this example, it's Verizon, & Sprint, & ATT, & T-Mobile's own collective fault! If people bought the phone outright and ALL the carriers did was offer the wireless network, they wouldn't even have to play this game! As phones get more complicated, where more things can go wrong, it's the carriers' own fault for not getting out of the purchase and service game. T-Mobile's on it's way with it's Even More Plus.

And it's not just in the retail industry. It's in people's EMPLOYMENT! My employer gives me more money to keep working there every year, or more vacation the more years I stay, or access to a pension after a certain amount of years. There's incentive EVERYWHERE for being a long-term loyalist. I mean, Verizon even has a RETENTION department to deal with this.

All I'm trying to say is, I don't think people should get flamed for pointing out they're a long-term customer. There IS something to be said for that. We all have choices, and if a company doesn't think my loyalty and longevity is worth replacing something I want replaced, then I'll go elsewhere. I'm not saying entitlement is RIGHT or should be EXPECTED. But, you simply cannot be shocked when people exhibit it in this world, or especially on these boards.

Ahhhh, I feel better.
    Last edited by ericsmcdonald; 12-21-09 at 05:42 PM.
    12-21-09 05:39 PM
    A cup of coffee is a little different than a legal binding contract.
    But, think about this. Cup of coffee at Starbucks, $2-3/day *5 days/week *4 weeks/month = $40/month. That's Verizon's entry-point plan (450 mins, no features). If you get the latte every day, that's $4.50 a day, or $90/month. That's like the 450-minute select plan with BIS.

The only difference is, the cup of coffee every day isn't sold on a contract.

So, Starbucks throwing a free cup of coffee in every now and then would be like Verizon throwing in a free bundle of minutes, or texts, every now and then. Or, it could be helping a frustrated customer exchange his current model phone for a new one.
    12-21-09 05:50 PM
    But, think about this. Cup of coffee at Starbucks, $2-3/day *5 days/week *4 weeks/month = $40/month. That's Verizon's entry-point plan (450 mins, no features). If you get the latte every day, that's $4.50 a day, or $90/month. That's like the 450-minute select plan with BIS.

The only difference is, the cup of coffee every day isn't sold on a contract.

So, Starbucks throwing a free cup of coffee in every now and then would be like Verizon throwing in a free bundle of minutes, or texts, every now and then. Or, it could be helping a frustrated customer exchange his current model phone for a new one.

Wow. Im not even going to argue, there is no point. Starbucks doesnt sell coffee with a contract? No sh*t, its coffee. Comparing the 2 is absolutely ridiculous.
    12-21-09 06:04 PM
    Wow..... Just wow....

All you VZW cheerleaders get way too bent outta shape at even the slightest mention of not doing things by the book. *sigh* who cares. People do what they do, people try to get the best deal possible, people haggle, people bend the rules, people want something for nothing. GET OVER IT! You guys all defend VZW like its your mommy! Lmao go do something worth doing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 06:20 PM
    Wow..... Just wow....

All you VZW cheerleaders get way too bent outta shape at even the slightest mention of not doing things by the book. *sigh* who cares. People do what they do, people try to get the best deal possible, people haggle, people bend the rules, people want something for nothing. GET OVER IT! You guys all defend VZW like its your mommy! Lmao go do something worth doing!

Well the arguement goes the same way for you where you do nothing but post against the people that say things such as proper procedures and whatnot. You troll around threads and its getting annoying.
    12-21-09 06:31 PM
    Well the arguement goes the same way for you where you do nothing but post against the people that say things such as proper procedures and whatnot. You troll around threads and its getting annoying.
    I do not troll by any means....

12-21-09 08:56 PM
    Wow. Im not even going to argue, there is no point. Starbucks doesnt sell coffee with a contract? No sh*t, its coffee. Comparing the 2 is absolutely ridiculous.
    So what, then you shouldn't compare Metro PCS to Verizon, cause one is with a contract and one is without? (We have a contract for coffee at work, btw.)

My point was, they both offer services. And just because Starbucks sells by the usage and Verizon sells by the anticipated maximum usage, they certainly be compared. And taking daily usage into consideration, their prices are comparable on a monthly basis.
    12-21-09 09:32 PM
    Just saying. If one of my 5 year customee doesn't like the way I did something, even if that's the way they told me to do it, I am gonna be much more likely to make it right for them than a new customer.

12-21-09 10:49 PM
    VZW does have many loyalty offers in place, more now than ever. Comparing a free cup of coffee and taking a loss on a $400+ phone cannot be compared.

12-23-09 08:31 AM
    So I upgraded to the Storm 2, had lots of problems with it so returned it for the Curve. Love the Curve...no issues with it. BUT 2 days later the new Curve came out. Wish the Vzw emplopyee would have informed me...I would have waited for the updated Curve..and now I'm stuck!

I am sure I will get some nasty replies to this, but GO BACK until you get what you want! Back when I was a newbie to bb, I had the world edition, and had 3 trade ins before I finally had a melt down in the verizon store to try another model, any model due to the "hourglass of death" and finally asked for a manager. I had been a customer for 7 years, and they did it. They gave me an early upgrade to the curve, and I still had 30 days to try it out. They really don't want to lose customers, and if you demand it, they will try to fix. Hope this helps. Also, try again with a different sales rep this time. Sometimes that helps. I now have the storm and was about to have to do it again, but I downloaded the new OS and am ok now...
    12-23-09 10:17 AM
    I am sure I will get some nasty replies to this, but GO BACK until you get what you want! Back when I was a newbie to bb, I had the world edition, and had 3 trade ins before I finally had a melt down in the verizon store to try another model, any model due to the "hourglass of death" and finally asked for a manager. I had been a customer for 7 years, and they did it. They gave me an early upgrade to the curve, and I still had 30 days to try it out. They really don't want to lose customers, and if you demand it, they will try to fix. Hope this helps. Also, try again with a different sales rep this time. Sometimes that helps. I now have the storm and was about to have to do it again, but I downloaded the new OS and am ok now...

No don't be demanding, you won't get help if you demand.
    12-23-09 10:20 AM
    No don't be demanding, you won't get help if you demand.
    Actually you will.....they help regardless. You may not get as far as you would have of you had been nice.

12-23-09 10:45 AM
    Having a meltdown in a store like a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum will more than likely get you kicked out of the store, at least the 2 corporate stores that I go to.
    12-23-09 09:25 PM
    So I upgraded to the Storm 2, had lots of problems with it so returned it for the Curve. Love the Curve...no issues with it. BUT 2 days later the new Curve came out. Wish the Vzw emplopyee would have informed me...I would have waited for the updated Curve..and now I'm stuck!

lharvey, if you are within 30 days since you got the 8330, return it and go back to your old phone. Do your research and decide which phone you really want (essex coming soon!) then use your upgrade with no fees, or tantrums. lol
    Just did this myself with the tour back in July then the Curve 2 last month. (no fees or issues) I will wait for the Essex-Tour2
    12-24-09 09:16 AM
    lharvey, if you are within 30 days since you got the 8330, return it and go back to your old phone. Do your research and decide which phone you really want (essex coming soon!) then use your upgrade with no fees, or tantrums. lol
    Just did this myself with the tour back in July then the Curve 2 last month. (no fees or issues) I will wait for the Essex-Tour2
    The issue is he originally got the Storm 2 and already exchanged it for the Curve. You are allowed one WFG return in the first 30 days. So even if he demands, threatens, cries or spits about getting the Curve 2, he's not entitled to it.
    12-24-09 10:31 AM
    Even if they do know about a new device coming, they can't talk about it unless its been publicly announced. Employees are under NDAs and could lose their job.

I don't think that applies to CRs at the stores. They announce devices way in advance, and it would be impossible to stay on top of that contract throughout all the stores with all the different employees, in addition the information could be used to attract new customers. It seems like a poor business strategy if it's true in my opinion.
    12-25-09 01:52 AM
    [QUOTE=Heavy Fluid;4367825]Having a meltdown in a store like a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum will more than likely get you kicked out of the store, at least the 2 corporate stores that I go to.[/QUOTE

1st of all smartass, I never said I had a temper tantrum like a 4 year old. I said I had a meltdown. It was an issue of not being able to get calls for work in the medical field, and it was affecting my job. Next time before you smear it all over crackberry, I would get your story straight. I was merely taking up for verizon for actually doing the right thing in that case. I never said it was easy or that I had to act like a 4 year old.
    01-06-10 10:36 PM
    Wow. So we rehashed this thread to make that comment. This topic was dead. We should have kept it like that.
    01-06-10 10:50 PM
    Wow. So we rehashed this thread to make that comment. This topic was dead. We should have kept it like that.
    so much for anyone being helpful in this forum. thanksalot. you obvi. cared enough to post THAT comment. the forum was actually helpful to me, and if you must know, i just now got around to checking the replies. if its not interesting to you, DONT READ IT! I am going to do something actually productive compared to this crap. don't wait around for a reply, although i know you are salivating to read this.
    01-06-10 10:57 PM
    so much for anyone being helpful in this forum. thanksalot. you obvi. cared enough to post THAT comment. the forum was actually helpful to me, and if you must know, i just now got around to checking the replies. if its not interesting to you, DONT READ IT! I am going to do something actually productive compared to this crap. don't wait around for a reply, although i know you are salivating to read this.
    Ok Byeee!
    01-06-10 11:00 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD