01-15-09 12:29 AM
35 12
tools
    This is part of theplan I am sure. SOme towers maybe sold while other may not. This will take time though to figure it all out
    01-07-09 05:33 PM
    Here is a Link that will help some of the Alltel merger info.

Alltel Merger
    01-10-09 08:35 AM
    talk to a VZW rep yesterday and she said your looking about 6-8 weeks....dont know if it was BS or not though
    01-11-09 07:58 AM
    cool hopefully they will get the tower change over done soon....
    there are a few areas i travel to that have alltel coverage but not verizon...hopefully yhis will change that
    01-11-09 12:05 PM
    Will this merger help the RECEPTION for Verizon? I'm blown because with VZW, I go into my house and the reception VANISHES!

Does this happen to anyone else?
    01-12-09 11:42 AM
    Will this merger help the RECEPTION for Verizon? I'm blown because with VZW, I go into my house and the reception VANISHES!

Does this happen to anyone else?
    im not sure but i currently have alltel and get great reception at home and work (brick and metal building). i used to have cingular and could not get service in either place.
    01-12-09 12:37 PM
    Might be another you are having. Vzw has done nothing with any systems yet that I have heard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 02:53 PM
    It may or it might not. Remember that some towers are shared (even AT&T & VZW tranceivers on the same tower) and many areas have roaming agreements ("extended network" often indicates this).

You may be in an area with overlapping coverage but no roaming agreements between the two. In this case you might see a reception improvement OR tower consolidation could eliminate the tower that might improve your service. Or you could be in a shared area and you may see no changes.

More often than not, it is something in the structure that may be degrading the signal. This could affect GSM but not CDMA or vice versa. Checking with the carrier could prove to be worthwhile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 03:04 PM
    im not sure but i currently have alltel and get great reception at home and work (brick and metal building). i used to have cingular and could not get service in either place.
    When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg (as I probably assume you are seeing how your from fayetteville) back in 03-05 I had cingular and had good reception everywhere I went in the area. Well everywhere cept for one area................
    01-12-09 06:29 PM
    Verizon just released a new PRL on the 12th that moves all alltel SIDs right under the verizon entries in priority. They have also added enabled EVDO roaming on alltel.

Im assuming this will one of many PRL updates that combine both networks.

If you look at the coverage locator on vzw.com, they now list some areas as "VCAST and Broadband Roaming" on the Broadband Coverage option. Hello huge broadband area!
    01-15-09 12:29 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD