01-15-09 12:29 AM
35 12
tools
    Does anybody know when the Alltel towers will integrate to the Verizon network?
    12-28-08 11:46 AM
    The merger has not yet been compeleted. Once and if it happens, it will be sometime after that. There is no firm date.
    12-28-08 11:55 AM
    Just read in the Albuquerque paper this morning that Alltel merger will close this Friday 1/9/2009. Now keep in mind this is a newspaper and well.....
    01-03-09 09:46 AM
    Just read in the Albuquerque paper this morning that Alltel merger will close this Friday 1/9/2009. Now keep in mind this is a newspaper and well.....
    There has also been quite a few posts on the alltel forum from alltel employees stating this also, but they have been saying there will be some transition period starting then and there is no hard date on when that will be completed
    01-03-09 12:58 PM
    The transition will take some time. Not sure how it will be handled no info internally yet. As it comes in, I am sure it will show here. Stay tuned
    01-03-09 01:06 PM
    I just know it needs to happen fast. I want a storm so bad it's not funny.
    01-03-09 01:39 PM
    Good things come to those that wait
    01-03-09 01:53 PM
    I hope so. I do know that I'm not going to be one of "those" people that pay big money for a storm (I'm guessin around the $500 range) and then take the time and hassle to set it up to work on alltel's network just to be switched over in the next month or so.

I'll just suffer..............alot
    01-03-09 02:55 PM
    I wonder if it will be a 2 tier system, with Verizon being the "Grade A" network and Alltel being the lower cost cousin
    01-04-09 04:48 PM
    The way I have seen most mergers work there will be a special number and group that will handle the Alltel customers. Once most are fully integrated it will be under one billing system.

Resistance is futile
    01-04-09 05:00 PM
    i have been wondering how all the alltel commercials are gonna play out it would be cool if the vzw and alltel guy team up on the other guys lol
    01-04-09 08:58 PM
    I think chad will have some bits parts for a awhile, then fade to the unemployment line.
    01-04-09 09:05 PM
    Oh poor chad. That's wha he gets for sharing all those minutes and lemonade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 10:01 PM
    He and the Dell dude can get arrested for pot possession together.
    01-04-09 10:18 PM
    Verizon says Alltel deal to close Jan. 9 - BusinessWeek

I guess friday the 9th is pretty much set in stone.
    01-05-09 12:36 AM
    it will probably just start out as a PRL update for both sides to allow cross tower usage. They will shortly thereafter allow customers to migrate over with all customers eventually being switched to the same network - similar to how Cingular handled AT&T customers.
    01-05-09 12:40 AM
    They will shortly thereafter allow customers to migrate over with all customers eventually being switched to the same network.
    I'm hoping that "shortly" means I could go by the local vzw store saturday and upgrade to a storm
    01-05-09 01:42 AM
    I've been with Alltel forever, and really like their service, but their phone selection has always been a day late and a dollar short...
    01-05-09 06:39 AM
    Ok this is just what I heard- confirm deny or call me a liar. A friend of mine owns an Alltel store and he told me that there hasn't been much talk about the merger at all (as of 3 weeks ago when I saw him last). He said that Alltel has some patented billing system that Verizon wanted and he expects that this is the only reason Verizon purchased Alltel. He doesn't expect Verizon will do much else with the service or customers- they just wanted the billing system. I don't know if any of this is true- but I thought it was interesting.
    01-05-09 07:39 AM
    So much stuff around to read on this, I'm not sure anyone knows anything for sure except for the guy that signs the papers... but...

I'm not buying the billing system story. They could pay a vendor a few million, maybe 10 million, to code a custom billing system.

Or pay Alltel 28 billion? I dunno. I think they wanted their network and customers, plain and simple. They're already sharing a bunch of infrastucture anyway, I think.
    01-05-09 07:46 AM
    VZW will probably try to get the billing on their systems as soon as possible. Its easier on customer service
    01-05-09 07:57 AM
    Resistance is futile
    Outstanding...

I would imagine everyone will be on one network eventually. Will alltel slowly be integrated into the vzw network or all at once?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 09:38 AM
    No clue how this will happen. Wiol have to wait and see
    01-05-09 05:24 PM
    Friday

district managers and select store managers will be in region HQ this friday for debriefings, then sent out to alltell stores next week to talk to customers/employees to answer any questions they have about the switchover.

it will be ANNOUNCED formal closed friday
    the conversion....well that can take a while. Qwest took 5-6 months with less than half as many customers as Alltel.

I will just be glad when it is done, and My reps can stop getting plastered with
    "will my 10 dollar a month unlimited calling plan from 1990 still be grandfathered in?"
    no, Verizon doesn't grandfather plans from mergers...you keep it til you change to a verizon phone, then you get a verizon plan...don't like it? shop around for a 10 dollar a month unlimited plan.
    01-07-09 10:58 AM
    I for one, hope VZW customers get access to Alltel towers. I live in a rural area, and Alltel phones are the only ones that currently work at my house.
    01-07-09 05:21 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD