That other's might find helpful...

I'm one of those migrated people from alltel. I have 2 lines, main being a BB pearl and other being razr.

I wanted to upgrade the BB to the tour. Upon calling VZW they were kind enough to move my ne2 date ahead a month without any hassle. I then went online and order'd my tour for the 150$(im still in the process of contacting global dept for world phone credit). Upon recieving I did the automated activation over the phone. All worked just fine, with exception of tethering. No longer able to..

This is the informative part. I called VZW and talked to a guy about my situation and he told me that I had to keep my alltel plan(though he did upgrade it to a larger minute one for me) because the razr on the other line is an alltel phone and in order to go to a vzw plan, all phones have to be vzw. I had no problem with this. As far as the tethering goes, he said that service prior to the phone change was tied directly to my alltel pearl, so the moment that phone changed, the service left too and I was forced to move from my 10$/m tethering service to vzw's 30/m. I noticed the lack of tethering in my account information prior to calling him as well.

I'm generally pleased with the outcome. Cause I do have a new awesome blackberry with the alltel plan that I wanted to keep do to the better cost in comparison to vzw plans, even with the new tethering cost.

Oh and I did ask about cancelling the other line with the razr instead of upgrading it. They said VZW is happy to prorate the lines(5$ of per month in contract...175$ max etf), but because im still under an alltel plan, it isn't pro-rated and the 200$ etf is not affected.
    08-02-09 04:10 PM
    Oh yeah, I just remembered... I called and asked about my account features showing me having the BES BB data plan instead of the BIS. The guy informed that it didn't matter with being on an alltel plan and that it has no baring on the price. But he changed it so it wouldn't be anymore confusion on my account info page.
    08-02-09 04:19 PM
    Same thing happened to me with the tethering. I went ahead and switched to a Verizon plan once I realized my $10/month tethering was gone. Instead of tethering, I'm test driving the MiFi 2200 with mixed results so far.
    08-03-09 07:17 AM
    I have a 3rd line that I don't have a phone on... wonder if I could just put that on the 3rd line... how much more on a bill is that?
    08-03-09 01:01 PM
    Should be $60

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD