i stopped by the new store today and wanted a shiny new tour. turns out you have to switch to a vzw plan to get one and you dont get the buy one get one free if you do. the vzw plan she specd up for me was 40-50 more than my alltel plan and i got home and was still looking over the stuff and had a question.

on alltel we paid for minutes and lines then added data to the lines for 20 per line. with the 20 per line that we added we got unlimited data/mms/sms.

is this the same on vzw? she had me under a plan with 1400 minutes(so i could get friends and family) and it had unlimited messaging plus 3 data phone lines. can i get just the basic plan that doesnt include messaging but still get unlimited messaging because im paying for the 30 dollar data plan?

i hope that made since i can try to re explain if you need me too. thanks!
    10-26-09 09:22 PM
    she lied to you or doesnt know what she is talking about, I'm 200% sure you can have a verizon bb on a alltel legacy account. Give customer care a call or go back to the store and see if they have a store ambassador present if not talk to a store manager. Alot of reps are still unsure about the merger.
    10-26-09 09:35 PM
    I spoke with two people in Executive Relations, and both spoke to their manages, and both said I could buy a Verizon BB and keep my Alltel plan.

Call 501-905-8000, and have the store talk to them
    10-26-09 10:49 PM
    well she told me i could buy the blackberry for 490 dollars but not at the 2 year price of 150. 500 for a phone is ridiculous
    10-26-09 11:31 PM
    Like I said, call that number, ask for executive relations, and have the store speak to them or have er call the store

**** report them the better business bureau, stupid verizon can't do that, I am about to be in the same boat as you when the storm 2 comes out and I will raise **** with that manager

Sorry, I'm pissy tonight and this bs with the merger set me off, but it is what it is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:47 AM
    i got a tour the day alltel became vzw in my neck of the woods and didn't have to upgrade my plan I still have my alltel plan they also gave me 1 year pricing plus the $100 mail in rebate they are feeding you a load
    10-27-09 05:47 PM
    i called 2 stores in my area the day of the switch and was told i was unable to do that. i wonder if i call that number posted above if they'd honor the discounted pricing and let me purchase a phone without having to upgrade or change my plan?

i'd love to get my hands on the tour. since the switch i've noticed more dropped calls and LOTS of delays & drops with my data/browser and emails. i live in a sorta wooded area and had HORRIBLE reception with tmobile and they let me out of contract for free as there was nothing more they could do. so i'm wondering if this switch to verizon has made a difference in my reception. i would've assumed it would get better, but it hasn't
    10-27-09 06:03 PM
    I was just honest with them and let them know that I liked the pearl flip that I had but that what I really wanted was the tour and the only reason I got the flip was that my previous phone quit working. they were very helpful and I must say my first impression of vzw is a very good one I look forward to dealing with them in the future. Hopefully they won't do anything to change that
    10-27-09 06:13 PM
    Possibly there needs to be a sticky that states customers CAN keep their Alltel plan if not changing the plan. If you want a new phone at contract price, you can do that and keep your Alltel plan.
    10-27-09 09:05 PM
    is there anyone else whos been able to keep their plan and switch besides heartagram?

but on a different note...does the 30/month data plan cover texting or do i have to have the plan that has texting plus my 30/month data?
    10-28-09 01:18 AM
    There are thousands of customers who have switced to a Verizon phone, but stay on their Alltel plan....

I don't know whats going on, but a lot of store reps apparently were misinformed somewhere during conversion training, because there have been a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people coming on here, from all over, claiming that reps have told them that they would need to change to a Verizon plan if they wanted a Verizon device at the subsidized price.

This is absolutely NOT true. If you go over some of the posts like these, you'll see that this question has been asked quite a bit as of late, and the store reps really aren't giving the right info here. The conversion in the Midwest and West areas just happened on the 17th of this month, so the reps are still somewhat new to the conversion, and probably don't know all the details, but they still should have been told about this....

As for the 30/month, no it does not include unlimited texting with Verizon. Unfortunately Verizon's plans aren't very similar to Alltel's at least when it comes to the Smart Packs. With the Smart Packs, you pretty much got everything bundled together in the plan, and paid more for it, but got less minutes...

With Verizon, if you want unlimited messaging with your BlackBerry, you would need to looking into getting on a Select plan, which includes unlimited messaging...
    10-28-09 01:37 AM
    wow whenever we switch to verizon its going to cost like an extra 40 a month for my plan...

so 30/month just gets me unlimited data? and its 5gb so i cant tether? what kinda **** is that?
    10-28-09 02:10 AM
    Well... Theres no data limit for using the BlackBerry as a phone, just if you tether it. And you can definitely tether it if you want, but like Alltel it will cost you an extra $30/month...

I couldn't tell you how much extra it will be per month... It all depends on how many lines you have, how many minutes you want, what kind of phones are going to be on the lines, and what features you want.

If you wouldn't mind posting you're current Alltel setup, I can definitely tell you what would be similar Verizon options...
    10-28-09 02:21 AM
    Well, the smartpacks had their upsides too...can't remember 'em right now, as I don't have the Alltel plans memorized, but I remember going over them with a global travel customer from a converted Alltel account. There were definite upsides and downsides to going Nationwide. It's a matter of weighing your options.
    10-28-09 03:21 AM
    my alltel shop was just converted to verizon

67601 is the zip code. we were looking and the rep we talked with had us under the plan with texting, 1400 minutes, and 3 smartphone lines.
    10-28-09 04:35 AM
    I am extremely glad here in Montana Alltel is staying Alltel until AT&T takes over in 2010-2011. Same cheap plans, basically every phone VZW has, and great coverage.
    10-28-09 04:40 AM
    In the ask a VZW rep thread I posted a compare and contrast between two similar Alltel/Verizon plans...
    10-28-09 12:56 PM
    In the ask a VZW rep thread I posted a compare and contrast between two similar Alltel/Verizon plans...
    Although alltel has some plans that are like -
    Stay in between these 2 counties, and your calls are unlimited.
    10-28-09 01:14 PM
    I am extremely glad here in Montana Alltel is staying Alltel until AT&T takes over in 2010-2011. Same cheap plans, basically every phone VZW has, and great coverage.
    The words AT&T and great coverage cannot be used in the same sentence together.

Forward

http://erictric.com/wp-content/uploa...mapforthat.jpg
    10-28-09 02:38 PM
    I spoke with two people in Executive Relations, and both spoke to their manages, and both said I could buy a Verizon BB and keep my Alltel plan.

Call 501-905-8000, and have the store talk to them
    WOW! I finally got around to calling ER and the guy I talked to was SO AWESOME and helpful. I explained my situation that I tried to call the day of merger to see if i could get a new phone at 2yr price and keep my alltel plan and was told it wasn't possible and that i was having spotty service now...he checked to make sure i was on a compatible plan to what i'd like to buy and immediately changed my contract end date to TODAY!

so my 2/2011 date has just been bumped up by 2yrs!! WOW, and, i was only on the phone for a total of 10 min!! i didn't expect anything that fantastic, but wow!

now i have no idea what to do...Tour, or wait for Tour 2...
    10-30-09 09:11 AM
    WOW! I finally got around to calling ER and the guy I talked to was SO AWESOME and helpful. I explained my situation that I tried to call the day of merger to see if i could get a new phone at 2yr price and keep my alltel plan and was told it wasn't possible and that i was having spotty service now...he checked to make sure i was on a compatible plan to what i'd like to buy and immediately changed my contract end date to TODAY!

so my 2/2011 date has just been bumped up by 2yrs!! WOW, and, i was only on the phone for a total of 10 min!! i didn't expect anything that fantastic, but wow!

now i have no idea what to do...Tour, or wait for Tour 2...
    Good to hear that you called not acting self entitled or looking for handouts and got some great help from a good Rep!
    10-30-09 09:15 AM
    You do understand that you're bragging about being divested right?

What happened to you I would never wish upon anyone...

Completely abandoned, disowned and forgotten about...
    10-31-09 12:05 AM
    ...And on top of that...

Customer support is almost non existant...

You actually have ALMOST NONE of the phones Verizon has...

And you're going to become AT&T...

I am so sorry...
    10-31-09 05:20 AM
    this is why i am no a iphone - at&t customer! (and i get a discount thru my work!)
    10-31-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD