09-11-09 05:26 PM
44 12
tools
    Well VZW does not currently offer any wifi bbs so why not tell them, the OP might actually need wifi. As for all the other stuff it is just as true. I won't be so straight forward about it next time Mr. Blue.
    Appreciated Just lie and say that they are the best! JK Sorry to come off like an assface, you have a valid point that they should shop around to see whats best in their area because if theres anythingI've learned its that each person has their own situation.
    09-09-09 02:10 PM
    Appreciated Just lie and say that they are the best! JK Sorry to come off like an assface, you have a valid point that they should shop around to see whats best in their area because if theres anythingI've learned its that each person has their own situation.
    I didn't mean to come off so strong either, but when it comes to cell phones I want people to go with what is best for them! vzw just so happened to be the best for me, until I go into my bed room to talk on the phone, but I deal with that because I know if I go to the mountians I will be the only one with service!
    09-09-09 02:15 PM
    Now THAT is what I like to see!

09-09-09 02:21 PM
    Verizon tends to cripple a lot of the things I just listed..
    They cripple what?

Tethering? T-Mobile, AT&T & Sprint all require tethering plans, as does VZW.

WiFi? A look at VZW phones made by Samsung & HTC shows you're off-base there. On the contrary, RIM requires a SIM card for WiFi per their own public documentation.

GPS? Wrong again - devices with full GPS chips, like Samsung Omnia, BlackBerry Storm & Tour all have full GPS.

How about Bluetooth? An old claim based on dumbphones with OS limitations that primarily affected file transfer. Current smartphones are limited by manufacturer software that is incompatible with third-part drivers.

Your credibility would take a similar hit claiming my Chevy dealer crippled access to the backseat of my Corvette ZR-1.

Alltel has way cheaper plans compared to Verizon.
    Pre-merger, each time I did a comparative analysis between Alltel & VZW showed no appreciable savings. A few differences in restrictions, but any cost savings was more in line with single-digit percentages. There was never a time I found Alltel to be "way cheaper" than anyone else.

T-mobile is a lot cheaper than verizon and don't cripple gps, wifi, tethering bla bla bal, but they don't have good service either.
    Let's see - recent changes at T-Mobile means texting can be more expensive, they also require data, tethering is extra cost & overall, their pricing is very similar to AT&T & VZW. Check the sites & not the Internet rhetoric.

Sprint is a little more expensive, but they do have better service than T-mobile.
    Now your credibility just went not only off the map, but off the planet, as well. Sprint is faster, has better coverage and is in no way more expensive than T-Mobile. On the flipside, T-Mobile customer service is consistently rated much higher than Sprint.

Maybe a trip to the various carrier sites would do you some good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 02:22 PM
    I didn't mean to come off so strong either,
    It might help if you didn't come off with accusations & claims that have little or no merit.

You want people to get the facts, but you didn't provide them accurate information to start with? That is disingenuous, at the very least.

09-09-09 02:26 PM
    There's my man droppin bombs!
    09-09-09 02:27 PM
    It might help if you didn't come off with accusations & claims that have little or no merit.

You want people to get the facts, but you didn't provide them accurate information to start with? That is disingenuous, at the very least.

Alright twinz you got me! I still don't care though because I know I could pay less for more on other carriers. Its all good!
    09-09-09 02:39 PM
    Ya'll must be verizon reps that only think highly of verizon.

I was trying to help the OP out...not everyone needs to pay out the booty to get only half of what they want.

Soo bla bla bla my you know what!
    They are reps. On the other hand I'm just a customer and I feel the same way about your post. To which other carrier are you switching? What's keeping you?
    09-09-09 03:02 PM
    I thought all these kids would go away when school started...
    My first impulse was to ask her if she was mad 'cause her dog ate her homework but decide on the one above after I saw you's and heather's.
    09-09-09 03:03 PM
    They are reps. On the other hand I'm just a customer and I feel the same way about your post. To which other carrier are you switching? What's keeping you?
    I'm not switching, I do love verizon. They do have great serivce almost everywhere. If I were to switch I would probably go with sprint, but I'm not so it doesn't matter.
    09-09-09 03:03 PM

Wow... This went in a totally diff direction...

09-09-09 04:40 PM
    There's my man droppin bombs!
    No bombs - just adding detail to what I saw as an inadvertent spreading of old urban/Internet legends.

I have gone on this site & praised the virtues of Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile. But when fallacies persist and are spread further, I get my hackles up & evangelize the truth & illustrate error. I am not always the most tactful when doing this, especially in the eyes of the soul I am rebuking.

But those who know me, including those who've shared these pages with me, will tell you that five minutes after the last volley, I can again be your best ally.

And, someday, thinkamp will come looking for me, because she finds me irresistible.

There - how is that for a different direction. Let me steer & you never know where you'll end up.

09-09-09 07:56 PM
    Hehe...

He thinks he's irresistable.. How cute...

09-09-09 08:26 PM
    ;-)
    Btw
    10char

09-09-09 08:26 PM
    No bombs - just adding detail to what I saw as an inadvertent spreading of old urban/Internet legends.

I have gone on this site & praised the virtues of Sprint, AT&T & T-Mobile. But when fallacies persist and are spread further, I get my hackles up & evangelize the truth & illustrate error. I am not always the most tactful when doing this, especially in the eyes of the soul I am rebuking.

But those who know me, including those who've shared these pages with me, will tell you that five minutes after the last volley, I can again be your best ally.

And, someday, thinkamp will come looking for me, because she finds me irresistible.

There - how is that for a different direction. Let me steer & you never know where you'll end up.

Indeed I have been the one being rebuked times before
    09-10-09 07:39 AM

Twinz for some reason you always keep me coming back to the vzw forums. You must be some type of irresistible!
    09-10-09 08:20 AM
    Twinz for some reason you always keep me coming back to the vzw forums. You must be some type of irresistible!
    It must be my eyes.

09-10-09 08:31 AM
    Awww you guys kissed and made up that was touching.
    09-11-09 03:10 PM
    Awww you guys kissed and made up that was touching.
    No - she is still playing hard to get.

09-11-09 05:26 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD