09-11-09 05:26 PM
44 12
tools
    Hello all. I have been brought over from Alltel against my will so here re a few questions. Should I stay? I have the 8330 curve, can I turn off the data and still use phone and not be charged? Is there anything about VW I need to know? Can I tether? Any info would be great.
    09-09-09 07:58 AM
    1. You should stay.
    2. You can't turn off the data. Mandatory 29.99 a month.
    3. Theres nothing you need to know besides VZW is the best.
    4.You can tether but it will be a total of 59.99 with a limit of 5Gigs.
    Try searching and reading through some of the other threads on here lots of good help... and very little bad help.
    09-09-09 08:09 AM
    if you have enough minutes on your calling plan, i would keep the alltel plan. Especially if you have the 7pm nights and weekends which verizon doesnt offer.
    09-09-09 10:57 AM
    Hello all. I have been brought over from Alltel against my will so here re a few questions. Should I stay? I have the 8330 curve, can I turn off the data and still use phone and not be charged? Is there anything about VW I need to know? Can I tether? Any info would be great.
    1. You should stay. If verizon is right for you.
    3. Theres nothing you need to know besides VZW is the best. Yea verizon is great...don't forget all that money you pay them and then in your own home you get crap service.
    Try searching and reading through some of the other threads on here lots of good help... and very little bad help.
    You may want to check out some other providers that offer cheaper plans, wifi, tethering, gps etc. Verizon tends to cripple a lot of the things I just listed. Alltel has way cheaper plans compared to Verizon. Maybe check out T-mobile or even Sprint.
    T-mobile is a lot cheaper than verizon and don't cripple gps, wifi, tethering bla bla bal, but they don't have good service either.
    Sprint is a little more expensive, but they do have better service than T-mobile.
    09-09-09 11:52 AM
    Blah blah blah

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 12:14 PM
    Blah blah blah

Kind of what I was thinking...
    09-09-09 12:20 PM
    Ya'll must be verizon reps that only think highly of verizon.

I was trying to help the OP out...not everyone needs to pay out the booty to get only half of what they want.

Soo bla bla bla my you know what!
    09-09-09 12:23 PM
    I thought all these kids would go away when school started...
    09-09-09 12:27 PM
    Blue n Bold think whatever you must, but I'm not a child. You need to get a grip.
    Last edited by thinkamp; 09-09-09 at 12:35 PM.
    09-09-09 12:32 PM
    I thought so too but then a lot of schools now have computers in the classroom with net access. Must be lunch hour.

09-09-09 12:34 PM
    I thought all these kids would go away when school started...
    If I said that thinkamp gave the best advice to the OP, does that also make me a kid? A unbiased answer will be the best answer. I'm not knocking you for loving your carrier, but their are other factors the OP should research first.
    09-09-09 12:37 PM
    1. You should stay.
    3. Theres nothing you need to know besides VZW is the best.
    I just want to verify what you're saying here. Are you saying the total data cost would be $59.99 with BIS or are you saying that it will be $59.99 for the tether PLUS 29.99 for the BIS? Because if you meant it the first way, then you're right but if you meant it the second way, then that's incorrect.
    09-09-09 12:38 PM
    I figure he meant it the first way but articulated it wrong... Salright

09-09-09 12:39 PM
    I just want to verify what you're saying here. Are you saying the total data cost would be $59.99 with BIS or are you saying that it will be $59.99 for the tether PLUS 29.99 for the BIS? Because if you meant it the first way, then you're right but if you meant it the second way, then that's incorrect.
    Yea he meant $59.99 as the complete total
    09-09-09 12:40 PM
    You may want to check out some other providers that offer cheaper plans, wifi, tethering, gps etc. Verizon tends to cripple a lot of the things I just listed. Alltel has way cheaper plans compared to Verizon. Maybe check out T-mobile or even Sprint.
    T-mobile is a lot cheaper than verizon and don't cripple gps, wifi, tethering bla bla bal, but they don't have good service either.
    Sprint is a little more expensive, but they do have better service than T-mobile.
    Before you tell people that vzw sucks and they should go somewhere else, find out if one of those services will even work for them. Because in a good portion of my state vzw is pretty much all that works when u want more than just calls. You seem to be very biased against vzw. If you are why are you in the vzw forum? If its because you have vzw, then why don't you switch to one of the "better" carriers? Just seems a little childish to me.

To the OP, if vzw works for you and have what you want then stay. If another carrier works as well in your area and has what you want for cheaper then go with them. We don't know what you need so it is up to you.

09-09-09 12:40 PM
    Before you tell people that vzw sucks and they should go somewhere else, find out if one of those services will even work for them. Because in a good portion of my state vzw is pretty much all that works when u want more than just calls. You seem to be very biased against vzw. If you are why are you in the vzw forum? If its because you have vzw, then why don't you switch to one of the "better" carriers? Just seems a little childish to me.

To the OP, if vzw works for you and have what you want then stay. If another carrier works as well in your area and has what you want for cheaper then go with them. We don't know what you need so it is up to you.

Now that is the correct answer. That's what thinkamp was aiming at, but I guess she was more harsh with it. It's funny because I've seen her praise VZ at lot, and watch others call her a fangirl. The irony. Same thing with Twins. Giving credit when credit is due, is completely different than blind admiration.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 09-09-09 at 12:46 PM.
    09-09-09 12:42 PM
    <action> waving mod stick

09-09-09 12:46 PM

I never once stated that Verizon sucks. I said that in some areas they do have crap service. Since the OP is leaving Alltel and coming over to verizon and we all know Alltel offers cheaper plans, I suggest to the OP to look at other carriers. I don't hate verizon at all or I would not being using their service. I simply told the OP what I thought. End.
    Last edited by thinkamp; 09-09-09 at 01:04 PM.
    09-09-09 12:48 PM
    OMG, Verizon does not block WiFi!!!!!

09-09-09 01:28 PM
    she never said Verizon blocks wifi.... but there are currently NO CDMA blackberries that have wifi. what she was getting at was if the OP wanted/needed wifi, there are other carriers that currently offer that.
    09-09-09 01:31 PM
    I never once stated that Verizon sucks. I said that in some areas they do have crap service. Since the OP is leaving Alltel and coming over to verizon and we all know Alltel offers cheaper plans, I suggest to the OP to look at other carriers. I don't hate verizon at all or I would not being using their service. I simply told the OP what I thought. End.
    Well that's absolutely not how it came across. And I am guessing I'm not the only one who thought that way. But whatever. End.

09-09-09 01:55 PM
    I wouldn't pay for service from VZW and then tell people to go elsewhere...
    09-09-09 01:56 PM
    If you are still on an Alltel plan I would stay with it for the 10+ circle numbers and the 7pm nights and weekends. I found pricing to be fairly close. IMO the main thing to look at is quality of service. Has your reception diminished since the merger? That has been my experience where I live in Florida. The worst thing about VZW for me is the lack of reliable information from VZW as to when former Alltel customers will receive the same great service that VZW customers now get in my area. You can tether but you need to pay for it or risk being subject to some hefty data charges.
    09-09-09 01:57 PM
    I wouldn't pay for service from VZW and then tell people to go elsewhere...
    Well everyone cannot afford the vzw price, why not tell them to check around and see if they can find something better for them for cheaper, since they were in fact coming from a cheaper carrier?
    It's not like them joining vzw is going to make my bill any cheaper, just might keep you that "job".
    09-09-09 01:58 PM
    Well VZW does not currently offer any wifi bbs so why not tell them, the OP might actually need wifi. As for all the other stuff it is just as true. I won't be so straight forward about it next time Mr. Blue.
    09-09-09 02:07 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD