I searched the VZW site for help in answering this, but couldn't find (easily to understand) answers. Sorry if this has been asked, but i searched on here also.

I am an Alltel (5+ years) customer. Last week i had a "misunderstanding" in the alltel store about changing my plan. I left feeling less than satisfied to say the least. Long story short(er), i switched my 3 lines over to sprint and tried the Pre (Love it). However, it isn't Alltel. I found out quickly just how many minutes i use when i don't have the my circle numbers and the free alltel/verizon to alltel/verizon calling.

So i call Alltel. Spoke with CS who said they could do nothing except waive my ETF to come back - which is because i have only been gone a week. Transferred to sales and was told the same. However, when i said i would just stay with sprint, i was transferred to retentions who was able to help me. He gave me several options, one of which was porting back to same account, same services, etc. with no ETF and a few bonus minutes and a deal on a new phone. He also suggested that i check into making the jump to verizon after i port back to alltel. Said i might save some money . So i began checking on pricing and such with VZW online. Now i am really confused.

Here is what i need. Can someone help me figure out what VZW offers that is similar:

Data Card (w/ 15% discount and UNLIMITED use - not 5gb capped) $51

SmartChoice 500 $90
    Bonus 250 minutes on 2 lines (Free)
    Unlimited M2M
    F&F/MyCircle 10 + 1 bonus
    unlimited Text/pics/vid messaging
    Additional Smartphone $40
    Additional Dumbphone $20

Nights start at 7 (W/ alltel)
    Insurance 2 x $7

= $215 + Taxes

Need to add the TV to 1 line

I cannot get my 15% discount w/ Alltel because of the smartchoice plan that you have to have if you get any smartphone.

It is my understanding that i can get a discount though with Verizon, however we are unclear yet as to what it is going to be. 6 -15% is what i have been told. I was told by retentions that because i have at least 1 line due for renewal of contract that we could all be "switched" over to Verizon now and all get new phones at contract pricing even if the others still have a while on contract. However i would have to change to Verizon plan.

My employer contact told me that i could change to a Verizon phone on the one that is out of contract, and not change my plan (but extend contract for 2 years on existing plan).

VZW reps (or anyone who knows) PLEASE help me figure out what i am doing. I had a clear understanding of alltel's plans and add on's and now i am lost. I had Alltel contacts that were very patient and willing to help me (i buy a LOT of new phones out of contract). I don't think any of them really know how to help me because it is all new to them too.
    06-25-09 01:55 PM
    Yeah you're probably not gonna get on vzw for that price. I'm on alltel and once my contract is up I'm sure I will have to shop otheer carriers before I re-up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 02:11 PM
    Do any reps have any ideas for me? Or at least a simple way to find out how much my plan would be ay Verizon? Or IF I will actually be able to switch with only one line out of contact? Will I have to pay the ETF on the other lines if I switch before contacts are up? Any ehlp would be appreciated. I plan to do all my porting tonight or tomorrow and would really like to know what I need to ask for.

Tia.

06-26-09 09:41 AM
    Do any reps have any ideas for me? Or at least a simple way to find out how much my plan would be ay Verizon? Or IF I will actually be able to switch with only one line out of contact? Will I have to pay the ETF on the other lines if I switch before contacts are up? Any ehlp would be appreciated. I plan to do all my porting tonight or tomorrow and would really like to know what I need to ask for.

Tia.

never mind im a ****... just to check you need 3 lines 2 smart phones one dumb phone and an air card right?
    Last edited by jnepsa; 06-26-09 at 09:53 AM.
    06-26-09 09:48 AM
    ok if you have 3 lines 2smart 1dumb this is what i can think of

nationwide 1400 min plan
    Unlimite text included
    unlimited M2m(vzw and alltel)
    unlimited nite and weekends(at 9)
    10 friends and family numbers
    priamary
    110+29.99 e-mail and web

secondary(smart)
    9.99+29.99 email and web

Third(dumb)

Aircard
    5GB cap(all we have sorry)

15% discount would make it 215.48 + tax
    6% discount would make it 236.17 + tax
    06-26-09 10:01 AM
    So, it is very comprable to what i have now... THANK you.. Looking at the website was making me want to jump off the roof!!

One more question for you. I was wanting to add the TV so my son could watch in the car, or at appointments. Can that be added to a smartphone? I know you can add to some regular ones, but i didn't see it on the website. It looked like you had to add VPack or something with unlimited web (which i already have). Or is it free with the smartphones pack (i really doubt, but hey i could be wrong). It is included with Sprints data pack.
    06-26-09 10:42 AM
    So, it is very comprable to what i have now... THANK you.. Looking at the website was making me want to jump off the roof!!

One more question for you. I was wanting to add the TV so my son could watch in the car, or at appointments. Can that be added to a smartphone? I know you can add to some regular ones, but i didn't see it on the website. It looked like you had to add VPack or something with unlimited web (which i already have). Or is it free with the smartphones pack (i really doubt, but hey i could be wrong). It is included with Sprints data pack.
    The Vpack to which refer to can be purchased ala carte or embedded in a price plan for for various phones, Non-smartphones and PDA's are not included in this.

For smartphones and PDA's at a minimum, require the 29.99 data feature. This feature as well can be purcahsed ala carte or can be embedded in a price plan.
    06-26-09 11:09 AM

there is are two tv packages but you have to have a compatible phone....i am not sure on which ones but I dont think the blackberry's are. I am not able to get on the site right now but it should say its compatible
    06-26-09 11:27 AM
    For smartphones and PDA's at a minimum, require the 29.99 data feature. This feature as well can be purcahsed ala carte or can be embedded in a price plan.
    The $29.99 is for the BIS or Smartphone/PDA plan. Are you saying that adding the TV is another $29.00 on top of the BIS plan?
    06-26-09 11:33 AM
    there is are two tv packages but you have to have a compatible phone....i am not sure on which ones but I dont think the blackberry's are. I am not able to get on the site right now but it should say its compatible
    He has an HTC Touch. (I tried and tried to talk him into a Blackberry but i think it is too sophisticated a device for him ) He gets it on the phone plan we have now and wants to stay with the same phone when we switch.
    06-26-09 11:35 AM
    He has an HTC Touch. (I tried and tried to talk him into a Blackberry but i think it is too sophisticated a device for him ) He gets it on the phone plan we have now and wants to stay with the same phone when we switch.
    no the tv is something like either 15 or 25 there are two packages i know the voyager, and evny touch get it but I dont kno wabout any others. That person was still talking about bis...he read part of what you wrote and started spouting off. Hope this all has helped
    06-26-09 11:42 AM
    Yes, it has. tyvm
    06-26-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD