Hey quick question.

Verizon and Alltel are together now, so if i sold someone a verizon phone they should be able to switch it out from their Alltel phone right? Well after the fact they tell me they have prepaid Alltel, it should still work out the same tho right?

I only care because its a friend..either way they are still not getting their money back.
    08-04-09 07:36 AM
    Not sure if this helps, but I sold someone a Verizon Samsung Omnia on ebay a few weeks ago, and after they bought it they said, "This will work on Alltell right?" I said it would've been wise to ask me before you bought it if you weren't sure. Anyway, he ended up getting it to work by doing a workaround he found on howardforums.com. So, I guess there are ways, but it's not completely straight forward? But apparently by reading the thread he referred me to, there are some Alltell reps that look out for that stuff and are like anti-non alltell phone Natzis!
    08-04-09 09:54 AM
    Hey quick question.

Verizon and Alltel are together now, so if i sold someone a verizon phone they should be able to switch it out from their Alltel phone right? Well after the fact they tell me they have prepaid Alltel, it should still work out the same tho right?

I only care because its a friend..either way they are still not getting their money back.
    Are they putting a VZW phone on a prepaid account? What kind of phone? Blackberry? They would be out of luck.
    08-04-09 11:40 AM
    Are they putting a VZW phone on a prepaid account? What kind of phone? Blackberry? They would be out of luck.
    Yea they are trying to get it prepaid.
    08-04-09 11:45 AM
    Yea they are trying to get it prepaid.
    Blackberry especially will not go on prepaid.
    08-04-09 12:04 PM
    If it's a basic (non-smartphone) it should work on an Alltel prepaid plan because voice and text will still work but it's a matter of getting a rep to actually do it. They won't be able to get any data so MMS would not be available but if all they wanted to do was call and text, it should work.
    08-04-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD