I have an Alltel Blackberry Pearl in Pink. I have only had it since April of last year and it seems to be bugging out on me lately. I haven't seen the pink Pearl on the Alltel or Verizon sites for quite some time, so I am wondering if I call to report the phone is not working...will they send me a verizon phone? Or do they have a bunch of them still in stock, but just not selling them anymore? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
    11-02-09 09:59 AM
    If the phone is in stock they will send you that phone. VZW is trying to get rid of any leftover alltel stock. If not you will be able to get the Pearl from VZW.
    11-02-09 10:00 AM
    Crazy you ask. I just called Friday for my wife. Same exact phone, which they said they are sending a VZN pink pearl. It should be here tomarrow. They are both CDMA phones.
    11-02-09 10:05 AM
    Thanks for your reply. So if they send a VZW phone, that will still work on my alltel plan?
    11-02-09 11:17 AM
    Yah it should work. I'm about to go home and activate my wife's new Pearl.
    11-02-09 05:40 PM
    Did it work? And does the screen and all of that look different because it's a Verizon phone? let me know! thanks for your help!
    11-03-09 08:27 AM
    To my knowledge if Verizon replaces the phone, you should still get an Alltel handset...

But if you get a Verizon Pearl, it will typically have the Verizon theme set by default, so yes it will look different. But you can go into the themes and change it back to one of the generic ones al Pearls have...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 03:59 AM
    Ok, another question then. If I buy a verizon phone off ebay, as I would like the pink curve, but I am not eligible for an upgrade until next year, I could buy one and activate that Verizon phone on my alltel plan? I think I have seen the answers to this before, but I never know which ones to believe. So if anyone knows this for sure, please reply. thank you!
    11-06-09 11:02 AM
    Alright.. Well I got that Pink Pearl for my wife in the mail.. It was bad and not branded at the bottom with any carrier. So VZN sent me another phone. (Mind you I'm a orginal Alltel customer) No brand on this one either... Ceritfied new with the plastic on the phone no battery though... I was kind fed up at the point so I bought a 9530 and activated that on my wife's phone line. Had some problems with that also and now VZN is sending another NEW not certified Storm to me by tomarrow at 12:00. I returned both bad Pearls. Have a good one now. And about to have 2 Storms.. Not sure how that all worked out.

On the Storm though I followed the post to activate the phoen on Alltel and I don't beleive I need that because it never worked. When I finally gave up with the customer service rep I went back and reprogrammed the phone to the default VZN programming and bam it works...... Crazy...
    11-06-09 12:57 PM
    hmmm...very odd. my phone actually doesn't have a carrier on it either, i don't think any of the pink pearls did from alltel. makes me wonder what I should do. I really want a new phone, but I don't want to have to pay an ETF with Alltel to sign up with Verizon. blah!
    11-06-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD