Will it work? I've heard people say it SHOULD as BBs are different than other smartphones, but is there any PROOF that it works? If so, that may go a long way to beginning to solve my problems with Verizon.
    08-15-09 05:56 PM
    Customer service and the store keep telling me my alltel curve could not be used on a verizon bb plan and i also could not activate a verizon branded phone on my alltel legacy plan.

Now how much is true I do not know, they might just have not been willing to do it? I ended up buying 2 new vzw blackberrys this week and switching over all together. Now I got 2 alltel curves that I hope I can sell on ebay to help and make the pain of buying 2 more phones not hurt so much. Probably will not get squat for them either.
    08-15-09 06:51 PM
    My wife and I got a Curve a piece on Alltel plan just before the change over to Verizon. We have supposedly already changed over, so far both are still working.
    08-15-09 07:19 PM
    In theory (an ideal world), yes. It IS possible. However, possible and likely to happen are two entirely different things. When roaming your BlackBerry uses other networks to a point but no guarantee is made that every network dependent feature will work.

It is possible for me, in a purely theoretical sense, to activate your curve on VzW's network. However because Verizon cannot guarantee the quality of the aforementioned "foreign" device, the odds of it being allowed to be put on there network seem infinitessimally small.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So how is it possible for you when you will receive a billing system error? Of course it could be changed in the switch and such, but do you really have access to the Alltel data network as well as the Blackberry provisioning website? Or will you just change the MIP/SIP and go on about your business?

Alltel phones cannot be activated on Verizon Wireless rate plans.

Verizon Wireless phones can be activated on Alltel rate plans.
    08-18-09 03:42 AM
    I am a Alltel transplant with a Blackberry 8330 Curve. I have not had any problems with it at all. Have 3 curves running just fine. They will work without any problems.
    08-18-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD