I'm currently using an Alltel 8330 on an Alltel plan but was switched to Verizon over the summer. I'm most likely going to be switching to a Verizon BlackBerry soon.

So, my questions are if I go to my Alltel BIS will I:
    1) be able to just use the "Change Device" function in the BIS to change all my email addresses over to the new device or will I need to go to the Verizon BIS and create the email address anew?

and

2) what about my @alltel.blackbery.com email address? I really don't use that address much (if at all) but since I will have a Verizon device, will I have to create a new @vzw.blackberry.com email address.

Thanks
    10-16-09 08:17 PM
    Great question. I all else fails just create a new account on the VZW BIS.
    10-16-09 10:16 PM
    In this situation you will need to create a new BIS account with VZW.

Your alltel.blackberry.com address will be history and you can create a new VZW one.
    10-17-09 01:11 PM
    Well, the answer ended up being that as soon as I activated the Verizon BlackBerry, I was locked out of the Alltel BIS. So I never got a chance to use the "Change Device" function on the BIS.

I went to the Verizon BIS and created a new account and added back my email addresses with the exception, of course, of the alltel.blackberry.com address.

The only bad thing is that now I have to manually re-create all of my filters which will be a little annoying. But otherwise, no real issues.
    10-20-09 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD