How do I tether my laptop? Do I need apn settings? or use DM? or would the tether.com app work?

I have an alltel blackberry which i put onto my alltel plan (which verizon has kept for now, yay!). I have 1xrtt internet on the phone and google maps and opera mini works. (yes, I know it's vvvveeeerrrrryyyyyyyyyy slow, and I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!!! )

The phone doesn't have service books and verizon won't put them on it.
    Last edited by nintendo1889; 04-24-10 at 12:30 AM.
    04-23-10 10:41 AM
    First off...wow! You must have ADD because that post was all over the place but you would have to have a tether option on your plan thru VzW (are you Sprint or VzW-fix your profile) any other options will be against your T&C's.
    04-23-10 12:58 PM
    First off...wow! You must have ADD because that post was all over the place but you would have to have a tether option on your plan thru VzW (are you Sprint or VzW-fix your profile) any other options will be against your T&C's.
    You are quite right about my ADD. maybe if I didn't have a debilitating case of ADD I'd be able to keep a job and afford something other than a prepaid plan.

Anyway, looks look I'll have to use a newer version of Blackberry Desktop Manager than the 4.6 I use (which I only use because it's the easiest one to use in forcing the newest OS but doesn't support tethering)

If that doesn't work I'll try out the app from tether.com
    Last edited by nintendo1889; 04-24-10 at 12:29 AM.
    04-24-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD