I want Verizon to come out with a version of the Torch, or the iPhone, whichever comes first will have a buyer. I understand Apple having a contract to keep the iPhone exclusive to ATT, but I think RIM would have a little more desire to market its phones through Verizon. I love the Torch design, and can't have one. I love the iPhone, and can't have one. I have loved Verizon, but I'm losing the love.
    12-13-10 08:04 AM
    Question: What exactly are you looking for the torch or iphone to do for you? Like what exactly are you wanting out of both of these phone?
    12-13-10 09:16 AM
    Well the best way to show Verizon your lose of love for them is to move over to Att to get the phones you want.

The Torch is definitely not coming to Verizon anytime soon, it was developed by Att and RIM, so Att doesn't want anyone else to have it. It will be at least a year or two until you see a Torch like device on Verizon, if ever.

If you believe all the rumors that are floating around then you can have an iPhone on Verizon sometime in the beginning of next year. Rumors have been floating around for years though, so don't hold your breath on it coming to Verizon soon either.

I think it's absolutely crazy to switch carriers for a phone, but if you need to have a Torch or iPhone by Christmas then you'll need to switch because either phone will not be at Verizon by then.
    12-13-10 09:47 AM
    Nah, I'm not switching carriers. I like the bb keyboard and I want a touch screen. The only thing I don't like about the bb keyboard is the placement of the "phone keys." The phone keys being available on the touch screen is something I like. I know I'm not getting it for or by Christmas, it was just a way of saying this is something I'd really like. I'd prefer the Torch to the iPhone and I may consider the Android phone that has the similar keyboard and the touch screen, I'm just used to blackberry and have come to really enjoy bbm.
    12-13-10 10:13 AM
    Well the best way to show Verizon your lose of love for them is to move over to Att to get the phones you want.

The Torch is definitely not coming to Verizon anytime soon, it was developed by Att and RIM, so Att doesn't want anyone else to have it. It will be at least a year or two until you see a Torch like device on Verizon, if ever.

If you believe all the rumors that are floating around then you can have an iPhone on Verizon sometime in the beginning of next year. Rumors have been floating around for years though, so don't hold your breath on it coming to Verizon soon either.

I think it's absolutely crazy to switch carriers for a phone, but if you need to have a Torch or iPhone by Christmas then you'll need to switch because either phone will not be at Verizon by then.
    I wouldnt switch carriers to get any phone. Att helped develop the torch? Really? If thats true I can see why they'd wanna keep it to themselves. Why do manufacturers do that? RIM is leaving a lot of customers out in the cold by keeping it ATT exclusive. Verizon customers desperately want that phone but instead are going to Droid because they're unwilling to switch to ATT. Doesn't RIM realize they're losing customers by not having their BEST phone available to everybody. With iphone and android taking market share you'd think theyd be doing whatever it takes to keep their current customers as well as grow their customer base.
    12-14-10 01:08 PM
    @JRZlocal

Haven't you heard any of the commercials for the Torch? At the end of some of them it says something like, "Att and RIM teamed up to bring you the BlackBerry Torch..."

And I agree that phone exclusivity does suck, but it's what keeps a carrier competitive. The big four carriers offer just about the same service nowadays, and relatively at the same price. Although, some carriers do work better for others, it's the exclusive phones that bring in new customers being that most everyone in the US who wants a cell phone has one now.

Look at the iPhone... could you imagine the US market share they would have if they offered the iPhone on the big four carriers right out of the gate in 2007?
    12-14-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD