Do we hafta push the service books ourself to update or will verizon send it to us OTA?
    06-28-08 10:01 AM
    OS v2.5 update is for the Carriers in preperations to the release of OS v4.5 to us the end users. In other words, we aren't required to do anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 05:29 AM
    When will it update on our phones? There is no way to push the download?

06-30-08 07:02 PM
    When will it update on our phones? There is no way to push the download?

You have to have operating system version 4.5.x in order to view html emails.... once you have that, you will be able to view them... As far as right now, no OS 4.5.x is out for download from any CDMA carrier... It will be alittle bit before they release, but things are getting closer being they just upgraded to BIS 2.5, don't know how closer though as no one knows when OS 4.5 will be released for CDMA (example: verizon or sprint)..

Also, once we do get 4.5, you will have to resend your service books....
    06-30-08 07:36 PM
    You might want to check out this CDMA (example: Verizon or Sprint) 4.5 (BETA) Thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/os-...0-found-46048/
    I know, i have it on my phone, and i am enjoying it and not having very many problems with it, but i don't "dig deep" so to speak into the OS to find the bugs... That's why i mentioned "from any CDMA carrier" though being it's not an official release...

I don't want to tell someone to go download it and have "them" screw up their phone then be pissed at me.. lol I am sure with all the threads on here, they should know the beta's there and have the support if something goes wrong...

Thank you though! I'm sure someone else will find that link useful...

Brandon
    Last edited by snowboarder61; 06-30-08 at 08:24 PM.
    06-30-08 08:22 PM
    Sorry, I misunderstood...
    Don't worry! I forgive you! Sorry if I came across rude or otherwise...

Thanks again for the link though!
    06-30-08 08:48 PM
    i dunno if html email is important enough for me to wanna risk the dl...I can probly wait till September or spend the $29.99 and buy empower html reader
    06-30-08 10:13 PM
    i dunno if html email is important enough for me to wanna risk the dl...I can probly wait till September or spend the $29.99 and buy empower html reader
    Honestly, I have downloaded the beta and i didn't have any problems installing it... neither have alot of people.... there is a very slim chance that it will completely render your bb useless from what i've read.... in most cases the OS will revert back to what your previous OS was, also from what i've read... in all honesty, i didn't update my OS because of HTML email, it was for the other upgrades that come along with it.. I *highly* doubt it will be september when we get our official release, but who know's, i haven't been around bb's long enough to give a guesstimate as to when they would be rolling it out.. But 4.5 will have HTML regardless of when it comes out... i've been checking it out on my 8830 the last couple days..

But of course, everything is "At your own risk" so to speak...

Brandon
    06-30-08 10:26 PM
    So what other features did u dl it for...I'm pretty happy with what the 8330 is capable of as it is

06-30-08 10:31 PM
    So what other features did u dl it for...I'm pretty happy with what the 8330 is capable of as it is

Well being you have a curve, you already have 4.3 if i remember correctly, so there is not going to be much difference for you, and i would probably just recommend to hold of if you don't want to worry.... I believe the main difference for you is going to be the addition of HTML email, and maybe Docs to go... i don't know if those are in your software.... I know there are a few threads that talk about the upgrades between the two... but for me, going from 4.2 to 4.5 there were things like updated browser, address book, calender, got docs to go in this version, and a few other minor tweaks that are improving the device..
    06-30-08 10:44 PM
    yea, Im running the latest 4.3 OS, i didnt realize the world phone was lacking that much. I know of one upgrade to the media player but other than that HTML and Docs to Go which I probly wouldnt use much anyway were the 2 major players in the upgrade. Im def gonna hold off
    06-30-08 10:47 PM
    yea, Im running the latest 4.3 OS, i didnt realize the world phone was lacking that much. I know of one upgrade to the media player but other than that HTML and Docs to Go which I probly wouldnt use much anyway were the 2 major players in the upgrade. Im def gonna hold off
    Yeah, some of them were minor updates, but most of them seem to make the system more easily usable...
    06-30-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD