Anyone know how much data AIM actually eats? I mean if I leave it on all day is the data meter running? Or is it only when I send and or receive an actual message?
    10-29-08 03:47 PM
    If I remember right it only uses data when messages are sent and received. As for how much data it uses, I don't know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 04:08 PM
    Anyone know how much data AIM actually eats? I mean if I leave it on all day is the data meter running? Or is it only when I send and or receive an actual message?
    Which data plan are you on? For $29.99 (BIS) you will have unlimted data so you will not have to worry about it!

Make sure you are using the AIM from Blackberry and not Mobile IM from VZW as that uses SMS.
    10-29-08 04:16 PM
    I'm on the 29.99 unlimited, and use the BB AIM. I just wondered when it was eating data as I tend to leave it connected all day. I know that unlimited means "a lot", but have heard the horror stories as well.
    10-30-08 12:00 PM
    when sending messages and refreshing the buddy list is the only time it uses data. but it does eat data. i prefer the im forward thing.
    10-30-08 09:43 PM
    Leaving AIM on all day is fine. I have been doing it for a long time. The magical number that I believe Verizon gets mad at is 5gb. The only way you would hit this is if you started downloading like crazy on your phone. Web browsing and using AIM will never get you close to 5gb. I think on average I use about 70-100mb a month.
    10-31-08 12:24 AM
    the 5gb thing is if you are using you bb to access the internet on a pc, the 29.99 unlimited data plan does give you unlimited access thru the device it self

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD