04-02-10 09:05 AM
32 12
tools
    Two New IPhones Coming; One May Be Aimed at Verizon - WSJ.com

Stay with whatever 'cool' phone you have currently. It talks. That's enough for you to handle, I'm sure. I'm getting the iphone. Don't let me catch you with an Iphone on Verizon. It's too 'cool' for you. And too complicated for you, I'm sure.
    I will stay with my Palm Pre Plus, thank you. The iPhone is how old now? No, don't worry, you won't catch me with an iPhone.
    03-31-10 09:49 PM
    Alltel plans werent that much cheaper. You pay a little more and you get a lot more. You will have coverage anywhere you go in the US(stay out of the deserts ) and im pretty sure your internet speeds will be much better.
    The main difference was that we had slightly different minute allotments. So the VZW plan would be slightly more expensive than the alltel version and have such and such more minutes. It was an even/odd sorta thing. Especially with the smartchoice plans.

I had to walk a whole bunch of customers through the differences when Alltel customers called in for Global Travel Program loaners. They usually ended up changing their familyshare plans temporarily because it seemed like the line that was travelling was always the main line. :P
    Last edited by Polychrome; 03-31-10 at 11:11 PM.
    03-31-10 11:09 PM
    Where are the cool phones?

Is this a joke?

The Verizon phone lineup is stacked, especially in the smartphone department, with top of the line Android, Palm, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile phones, with even better ones on the way...

Not sure what more one could ask for...
    04-02-10 03:41 AM
    I will stay with my Palm Pre Plus, thank you. The iPhone is how old now? No, don't worry, you won't catch me with an iPhone.
    With prices dropping like a rock on that paper-thin tinfoil phone, I'm sure you'll be able to keep getting new ones. And saying the 'iphone is how old' is almost like saying 'the PC is how old?' Yeah they started with the IBM XT and the PCjr and the IBM AT but somehow new versions keep coming out. It's so wierd how that works.
    04-02-10 06:49 AM
    With prices dropping like a rock on that paper-thin tinfoil phone, I'm sure you'll be able to keep getting new ones. And saying the 'iphone is how old' is almost like saying 'the PC is how old?' Yeah they started with the IBM XT and the PCjr and the IBM AT but somehow new versions keep coming out. It's so wierd how that works.
    Your insults towards me and the phone I use are childish, and a direct reflection of what kind of wireless user you are. It's what we commonly refer to in the wireless industry as a poser.
    04-02-10 07:03 AM
    So essentially, by asking "Where are the cool phones?" you are essentially asking "Where is the iPhone?"

Verizon has a large amount of phones. Palm, Blackberry, Android, they're all there. There's only really ONE phone that's missing - and if you want that, go to AT&T. And frankly I like it that way.
    04-02-10 09:02 AM
    Actually coverage is the exact same for me and they were like ten or twenty bucks cheaper it seems. Plus they had Smart Choice plans which bundled texting and the unlimited data.
    not to mention the nights and weekend minutes starting at 7pm
    04-02-10 09:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD