04-02-10 09:05 AM
32 12
tools
    Sprint gets the EVO. T-Mobile is getting this. ATT getting that. I mean all we hear about is this lousy Nexus One? And a Devour? Where are the phones? Service. Awesome. Great job. It's like being 7 ft tall and you can't dunk a basketball. We're signed on with an 800lb gorilla in the mobile universe and he can't even bench press 25lbs. Get some cool phones, Verizon. Hurry up already. All these cool tech shows! Yeah! What's that? A Verizon Wifi hotspot I can plug in? Whoopy-Fricken-Do! What about a PHONE??
    03-25-10 04:58 PM
    I'll take reliable, consistent service any day over having any so-called "cool" phone. They are NOT in the business to provide cool phones, they are in the business to provide exceptional coverage at a decent price.
    03-25-10 05:20 PM
    I'll take reliable, consistent service any day over having any so-called "cool" phone. They are NOT in the business to provide cool phones, they are in the business to provide exceptional coverage at a decent price.
    If their not in the business to provice cool phones whats with the millions they spend on advertising new phones?

Cool phones sell the serivce in alot of cases, take the iphone from att and where would they be??
    03-25-10 06:02 PM
    I'm just pointing out that "popular phones" play a certain role, but I'm sure there is a method to their madness. Their business model does not solely rely on the cool factor of the phones they offer. Service and coverage is where it's at.
    03-25-10 06:06 PM
    If their not in the business to provice cool phones whats with the millions they spend on advertising new phones?

Cool phones sell the serivce in alot of cases, take the iphone from att and where would they be??
    Actually the majority of advertising dollars get spent on network ads. And I think it says a lot that a cell phone provider doesn't need the iPhone to beat the carrier that has the iPhone. Obviously reliability and customer satisfaction plays a big part in who sticks with a company.
    03-26-10 12:15 AM
    Sprint gets the EVO. T-Mobile is getting this. ATT getting that. I mean all we hear about is this lousy Nexus One? And a Devour? Where are the phones? Service. Awesome. Great job. It's like being 7 ft tall and you can't dunk a basketball. We're signed on with an 800lb gorilla in the mobile universe and he can't even bench press 25lbs. Get some cool phones, Verizon. Hurry up already. All these cool tech shows! Yeah! What's that? A Verizon Wifi hotspot I can plug in? Whoopy-Fricken-Do! What about a PHONE??
    What do you want? VZW has the Moto Droid (yes it has been rockin out in sales worldwide so don't say that it sucks). VZW also got the Palm Pre/Pixi Plus, BlackBerry Storm 2 (what other US carrier has that?). The HTC Incredible will be out soon. You're worried about a phone (EVO) that's not going to be out until summer. The HTC Incredible will be launching in the coming weeks.

If you want to blame someone, then blame the manufacturers. You just don't see that many cutting edge CDMA phones being released by them. LTE will bring all that back to an even playing field and everyone will get the chance to have the latest and greatest.
    03-26-10 12:24 AM
    Verizon had a slew of new phones while the coolest phones for Sprint were the Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, and Tour. Now it's Sprint's turn to get a few cool phones. It seems to go in cycles.
    03-26-10 03:06 AM
    You're still going off about this. Just cancel your account and go get another phone already.
    03-26-10 11:38 AM
    VZW has a wide selection of BlackBerries, Android, WinMo, and other phones available. Coming soon it'll have the Nexus One too. What "cool phones" are you referring to here?
    03-26-10 12:31 PM
    I came from US Cellular to Verizon and in comparison I think that Verizon has some pretty awesome phones.

I don't think US Cellular had anything like the LG Voyager, which is what I got when I first switched carriers. And they took forever to get the Tour, if I remember correctly. So Verizon is doing fine, in my opinion. ^_^
    03-27-10 02:28 AM
    Verizon has a lot of great cool phones. people just like to complain about anything though like a bunch of babies. if you dont like Verizons selection, go elsewhere, why sit here and cry like a baby?
    03-27-10 07:34 AM
    Verizon's prices annoy me the most.
    03-27-10 01:38 PM
    another cool phone whiner. You wouldn't even use 1/3 of any of those phones capabilities if verizon had them.
    I had a parent tell me this morning their child was porting to AT@T all over a phone. Hhe preceded to ask me why we don't have any "nice" talk and text phones. I askee his definition of "nice" and he said "just something to talk and text with". My response? That's what I figured.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 02:00 PM

They spend the millions of dollars to reach people who don't think twice about paying for data and using the phone for what it was intended for

03-27-10 02:04 PM
    Verizon's prices annoy me the most.
    I think Verizon makes there prices TOO low.
    Purchase a 3G SMARTPHONE and get another one free, wow.
    03-27-10 02:07 PM
    I think Verizon makes there prices TOO low.
    Purchase a 3G SMARTPHONE and get another one free, wow.
    I'm talking the monthly rates. Alltel was cheaper and had great customer service and coverage in their native areas and the free roaming agreements were very well maintained too so if I had to go to Oklahoma for example and roam off Sprint/Verizon it would just work. Sure now I got full nationwide coverage since Alltel was bought out but the pricing sucks. I'm just glad they let me keep my National Freedom plan and I'm not changing.
    03-27-10 02:58 PM
    another cool phone whiner. You wouldn't even use 1/3 of any of those phones capabilities if verizon had them.
    I had a parent tell me this morning their child was porting to AT@T all over a phone. Hhe preceded to ask me why we don't have any "nice" talk and text phones. I askee his definition of "nice" and he said "just something to talk and text with". My response? That's what I figured.

A nice takk and text phone is the Samsung Alias...seriously!

And I think my Storm2 is pretty cool! At least until the 4G phones start showing up!

03-28-10 02:27 PM
    A nice takk and text phone is the Samsung Alias...seriously!

And I think my Storm2 is pretty cool! At least until the 4G phones start showing up!

So what's your definition of "nice"?

my definition is any phone that your undeserving brat or or your egotistical self wants just because it's "cool".

03-28-10 02:52 PM
    I'm talking the monthly rates. Alltel was cheaper and had great customer service and coverage in their native areas and the free roaming agreements were very well maintained too so if I had to go to Oklahoma for example and roam off Sprint/Verizon it would just work. Sure now I got full nationwide coverage since Alltel was bought out but the pricing sucks. I'm just glad they let me keep my National Freedom plan and I'm not changing.
    If you still have your Alltell plan, what's the problem?

03-29-10 08:10 AM
    If I need a new plan it will be more expensive. I hate being tied down like that to a more expensive carrier.
    03-29-10 08:51 AM
    If I need a new plan it will be more expensive. I hate being tied down like that to a more expensive carrier.
    Alltel plans werent that much cheaper. You pay a little more and you get a lot more. You will have coverage anywhere you go in the US(stay out of the deserts ) and im pretty sure your internet speeds will be much better.
    03-29-10 09:05 AM
    Try having Sprint..yes the EVO is coming BUT we have the absolute worst phone line up ever..especially BB lineup..we have the 8530 and the Tour..Tour is a great phone but juss sayin.

03-29-10 11:19 AM
    Alltel plans werent that much cheaper. You pay a little more and you get a lot more. You will have coverage anywhere you go in the US(stay out of the deserts ) and im pretty sure your internet speeds will be much better.
    Actually coverage is the exact same for me and they were like ten or twenty bucks cheaper it seems. Plus they had Smart Choice plans which bundled texting and the unlimited data.
    03-29-10 03:19 PM
    So what's your definition of "nice"?

my definition is any phone that your undeserving brat or or your egotistical self wants just because it's "cool".

Two New IPhones Coming; One May Be Aimed at Verizon - WSJ.com

Stay with whatever 'cool' phone you have currently. It talks. That's enough for you to handle, I'm sure. I'm getting the iphone. Don't let me catch you with an Iphone on Verizon. It's too 'cool' for you. And too complicated for you, I'm sure.
    03-29-10 09:04 PM
    the droid was a hotly anticipated vzw exclusive. they now have the palm pre & pixi. as far as bb's go, i'm with you. the only "new" bb is the curve, which ppl keep ******** about it being so cheap. as for high end bb's, it's storm & tour i guess...
    03-31-10 11:32 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD