12-19-08 10:07 PM
87 1234
tools
    My reguards and I know where your comming from. I had a similar situation with my internet from verizon. I moved and instead of moving me, they cancelled my service and charged me, then told me it was my fault that my service wasn't working "maybe its because you dont' have a technical degree" was the quote. Not Happy.

Don't let them push you around!!
    12-17-08 03:58 PM
    Wow! Someone who's heard of Utica!
    ya, the sore spot. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 04:01 PM
    Amazing and unexpected results.

I wouldn't say I am completely in love with vzw, but saving over $200 a month for the next few months certainly doesn't make me angry.

So...I may have missed this before my last post.

But yay for the little people sticking it to the corporate giants *cheering*
    12-17-08 04:03 PM
    ya, the sore spot. Lol
    Careful...some folks call it home.

12-17-08 04:10 PM
    My reguards and I know where your comming from. I had a similar situation with my internet from verizon. I moved and instead of moving me, they cancelled my service and charged me, then told me it was my fault that my service wasn't working "maybe its because you dont' have a technical degree" was the quote. Not Happy.

Don't let them push you around!!
    How rude! I would have fought that!!

12-17-08 04:21 PM

Hehe. I love that little smiley!

12-17-08 04:22 PM
    How rude! I would have fought that!!

I did, they refunded 2 months then I told them to shove it, and went to Comcast

I hope your Curve lasts, and best of luck when you get your storm!
    12-17-08 04:24 PM
    I did, they refunded 2 months then I told them to shove it, and went to Comcast

I hope your Curve lasts, and best of luck when you get your storm!
    Baha! Maybe that's their answer to everything - a vouple months free.

My little curve is on its last leg. All I need now is a defective storm.

12-17-08 05:09 PM

For some reason, I feel compelled to respond to this. It may be home, but it's also in the middle of nowhere.
    12-17-08 07:57 PM
    No, the middle of nowhere is the tiny village where I actually live; too small to have a post office, it has to share a zip code with North Utica. That's where we go when we want to see the big city life.

12-17-08 08:08 PM
    Jenay It's pretty obvious that you speak for pretty much everyone here on this matter. You handled the situation exactly as it should've been handled,and are to be commended for your effort. It's inconceivable how a company, that bases a good part of its reputation on the quality of its cs, would ever tolerate that kind of incompetence. We're all pulling for ya here.

Keep us informed, and good luck.
    Last edited by Gothamart; 12-18-08 at 11:16 AM.
    12-18-08 12:16 AM
    Jenny It's pretty obvious that you speak for pretty much everyone here on this matter. You handled the situation exactly as it should've been handled,and are to be commended for your effort. It's inconceivable how a company, that bases a good part of its reputation on the quality of its cs, would ever tolerate that kind of incompetence. We're all pulling for ya here.

Keep us informed, and good luck.
    Thank you for your post.

Financial services actually called me today to inform me that they were going to shut off my services due to an $860 past due amount. Again, I became rather angry, and informed them of the situation. They apologized and informed me they would not be turning off my lines (no sh*t) and would review the account and make proper adjustments, seeing as my account reflects that I am being charged for about 37 new storms. Now the question must be asked: at vzw, does the right hand know what the left is doing?

12-18-08 12:38 AM
    Thank you for your post.

Financial services actually called me today to inform me that they were going to shut off my services due to an $860 past due amount. Again, I became rather angry, and informed them of the situation. They apologized and informed me they would not be turning off my lines (no sh*t) and would review the account and make proper adjustments, seeing as my account reflects that I am being charged for about 37 new storms. Now the question must be asked: at vzw, does the right hand know what the left is doing?

Jenay,
    Sorry to hear about your problems with the evil pos company Veriz**** as I call them. Trust me I have dealt with their company *for land lines* and this company is horrible. To be truthful Veriz**** as a whole, is exactly what you are experiencing with vzw because their billing and CS do not talk to each other at all...

Plus with reading this post, it seems that you have been very professional and calm during this whole fiasco and I would have just flat out told them during the first issues that you were having with them that either make it right or I take my business elsewhere... Trust me when it comes to losing business especially when you are with the department of cancelling, they will usually make it right! *I used this tactic with their land line when they were screwing with my billing last year, now I have to call them after I cancelled my line with them a few months later*.....

Now hopefully you will get a good working Storm.. If vzw keeps screwing around, I would say just jump ship because there is no excuse for a long term customer to get screwed royally like you have!

Charlie
    12-18-08 12:49 AM
    Wow if it wasn't for Verizon being mentioned throughout the thread.....I would've thought this was Sprint CS story....

Goes to show CS as and industry is in the toilet. Even the Great Verizon has gafts...

12-18-08 06:42 AM
    Jenay,
    Sorry to hear about your problems with the evil pos company Veriz**** as I call them. Trust me I have dealt with their company *for land lines* and this company is horrible. To be truthful Veriz**** as a whole, is exactly what you are experiencing with vzw because their billing and CS do not talk to each other at all...

Plus with reading this post, it seems that you have been very professional and calm during this whole fiasco and I would have just flat out told them during the first issues that you were having with them that either make it right or I take my business elsewhere... Trust me when it comes to losing business especially when you are with the department of cancelling, they will usually make it right! *I used this tactic with their land line when they were screwing with my billing last year, now I have to call them after I cancelled my line with them a few months later*.....

Now hopefully you will get a good working Storm.. If vzw keeps screwing around, I would say just jump ship because there is no excuse for a long term customer to get screwed royally like you have!

Charlie
    You are so correct; it seems as if each dept in vzw is a completely different company. No one knows what is going on in other departments. Its sad, really..

12-18-08 08:54 AM
    Hang in there Jenay. It will get better. I hope.
    12-18-08 09:55 AM
    Hang in there Jenay. It will get better. I hope.
    Hehe thanks cruc - we shall see.

12-18-08 09:57 AM
    wow sorry to hear all the trouble you had getting a working phone, then just to get the phone re-ordered after their screw up. It's nice that you got some compensation, but hope it's worth all the headache. I am surprised that you got that call about cutting off service. 1) it hasn't been posted to a billing statement and "overdue" and 2) that when they said they would compensate your service for you that they didn't correct that.

Really hope that when the Storm arrives you do not experience the problems many others have had and needed a replacement. Goodness, your replacement Storm could take 3-months the way your luck has been with this now haha.
    12-18-08 10:31 AM
    You have got to be kidding.

Failed delivery attempt number 15396 this morning. Why? WRONG ADDRESS.

12-18-08 03:19 PM
    Wow! I smell another letter a brewin...
    12-18-08 03:21 PM
    I really feel for ya Nay, this has got to be such a major inconvienience for you. Talk about a bunch of BS, jeezus...
    12-18-08 03:22 PM
    You have got to be kidding.

Failed delivery attempt number 15396 this morning. Why? WRONG ADDRESS.

Honestly, I experienced a similar situation with Sprint a few months ago. At this point, I would go to one of their retail locations & purchase the Storm from there then let them work out what credits are due & let them fight with their own customer service from inside the store.
    12-18-08 03:42 PM
    Honestly, I experienced a similar situation with Sprint a few months ago. At this point, I would go to one of their retail locations & purchase the Storm from there then let them work out what credits are due & let them fight with their own customer service from inside the store.
    Yeah. Except there are none available in any retail location in the phoenix area.

12-18-08 03:45 PM
    what a bunch of meatballs.....i swear, i wonder if they don't have Habib working for them and he can't understand what to do
    12-18-08 05:28 PM
    So an update:

I just got off the phone with a representative from verizon's corporate office. Long story short, for the inconvenience, they are waiving all charges for my next few months of service. You heard correct - no bill from vzw. Verizon FTW.

I guess it saves you the inconvenience and effort of billing VZW for the hours you wasted due to their foulups. The complete job (arrange replacement phone) should have been completed with a single 15 minute call.
    12-18-08 06:32 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD