12-19-08 11:07 PM
87 1234
tools
    Thank you guys.

So I guess my question is... What do I do from here? The supervisor I spoke to last night repeatedly asked me what I thought he should do. I, as calmly as I could, informed him that I was not a customer service representative for Verizon Wireless, and that perhaps it was his job to know what to do for a customer in this type of situation. In my line of work, I know what to do for my clients... This did not make the sup very happy.

Now. Should that question arise again, I'll be again at a loss for words - I don't know the answer to that. Am I wrong to assume that they should know what to do? It's their business - not mine.
    12-16-08 01:14 PM
    What they should do, is fill your order under the original terms. The ones that has most likely already been charged to your account.

Get a new Storm in your hands or get a working replacement Curve now. The Storm will show up eventually and then return the Curve.

At this point, they should be working damage control.
    12-16-08 01:36 PM
    What they should do, is fill your order under the original terms. The ones that has most likely already been charged to your account.

Get a new Storm in your hands or get a working replacement Curve now. The Storm will show up eventually and then return the Curve.

At this point, they should be working damage control.
    You would think, but they appear to not care either way. As I said, my account now shows a balance due of $860. I can't even pull up my bill to view what it is I'm being charged for, but I have a feeling that includes 3 Storms......
    12-16-08 01:43 PM
    We remember your past struggles getting the billing straightened out.

On the positive side, Storms are still bringing in a premium on eBay. Maybe you get all three in time for Christmas selling.
    12-16-08 01:55 PM
    You are going about things in exactly the right manner. It is almost unbelievable the amount of cooperation you get when a well written letter is sent to the right people.

Good luck
    12-16-08 01:56 PM
    Hehe.... That thought did cross my mind, Reed....

We'll see how many Storms show up at the office on the 19th. Hopefully, the number isn't 0.
    12-16-08 01:59 PM
    Hehe.... That thought did cross my mind, Reed....

We'll see how many Storms show up at the office on the 19th. Hopefully, the number isn't 0.
    It'd be pretty funny if you get a dozen of them!
    12-16-08 02:04 PM
    I thought you were the resident VZW guru... , or am I thinkin of that JRCivic fella...?
    Civic is a female. Also, I'm no Verizon Guru. lol. I mostly use GSM carriers, unless I'm working on a CDMA device.

You would think, but they appear to not care either way. As I said, my account now shows a balance due of $860. I can't even pull up my bill to view what it is I'm being charged for, but I have a feeling that includes 3 Storms......
    Well Jenay, the first thing I would straighten out would be the bill. $860 in todays economy isn't a small deal. Not to mention the fact that none of this is your fault.

I would wait a day or so and see if you get a response. I would then contact Vzw. I know it's frustrating, but getting pissy with them isn't going to make them help you. The best thing is to stay calm and assertive(if possible). They should make this right. I believe they will if you can get in touch with the right person.
    12-16-08 02:11 PM
    Hey, if so, Prada, you are on my Xmas list.
    12-16-08 02:15 PM
    Civic is a female. Also, I'm no Verizon Guru. lol. I mostly use GSM carriers, unless I'm working on a CDMA device.

Well Jenay, the first thing I would straighten out would be the bill. $860 in todays economy isn't a small deal. Not to mention the fact that none of this is your fault.

I would wait a day or so and see if you get a response. I would then contact Vzw. I know it's frustrating, but getting pissy with them isn't going to make them help you. The best thing is to stay calm and assertive(if possible). They should make this right. I believe they will if you can get in touch with the right person.
    Let me just say that the first time I ever learned Civic was indeed a female, well, I was surprised.... It's rare you find girls that are as quick witted and very tech as she is.

Actually, one of Thomas Pica's assistants emailed me back this morning and requested my account information, which I had already provided. I emailed him back and haven't received a response yet. We shall see.

I do, however, plan on calling Verizon CS again regarding the $860 bill.
    12-16-08 02:17 PM
    Sell 'em for $20 apiece--minus the high-powered political inside info.
    12-16-08 02:21 PM
    Let me just say that the first time I ever learned Civic was indeed a female, well, I was surprised.... It's rare you find girls that are as quick witted and very tech as she is.

Actually, one of Thomas Pica's assistants emailed me back this morning and requested my account information, which I had already provided. I emailed him back and haven't received a response yet. We shall see.

I do, however, plan on calling Verizon CS again regarding the $860 bill.
    Thats good progress Jenay. Honestly, I would wait and see what their official response is before talking to anyone else.
    12-16-08 02:28 PM
    So an update:

I just got off the phone with a representative from verizon's corporate office. Long story short, for the inconvenience, they are waiving all charges for my next few months of service. You heard correct - no bill from vzw. Verizon FTW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 02:16 PM
    wow .. great results...
    so this restores your love for vzw?
    12-17-08 02:18 PM
    wow .. great results...
    so this restores your love for vzw?
    Amazing and unexpected results.

I wouldn't say I am completely in love with vzw, but saving over $200 a month for the next few months certainly doesn't make me angry.

12-17-08 02:21 PM
    So an update:

I just got off the phone with a representative from verizon's corporate office. Long story short, for the inconvenience, they are waiving all charges for my next few months of service. You heard correct - no bill from vzw. Verizon FTW.

That's great news! Glad everything worked out.
    12-17-08 02:23 PM
    That's great news! Glad everything worked out.
    Thank you. Me too.

12-17-08 02:26 PM
    So jenay...WINS!
    12-17-08 02:35 PM
    I'll just mention this. If you get the las vagas call center, your screwed, same for utica, corpus cristi. But if you get a rep from green bay, your in luck.

All the call centers I mentioned above besides green bay just bring in people that just in most cases don't give a rats but about your problem, which is sad.

Not that I'm trying to boast vzw-greenbay but we tend to have the better FCR (first call resolution).

I suggest asking each rep where they're from. Hope its the right answer.

12-17-08 02:41 PM
    Wow! Someone who's heard of Utica!
    12-17-08 02:43 PM
    So jenay...WINS!
    Tee hee.

12-17-08 02:46 PM
    WoW!

Thats a pretty good outcome!

Good Job Jenay!
    12-17-08 03:43 PM
    The damage control message got through. I wonder if the executives at Verizon were following your tale....

Hopefully, your trusty old Curve holds together long enough for the Storm to show up.

12-17-08 04:20 PM
    Wow so due to a stupid rep and your persistance you basicly just got a free storm. Sweet

12-17-08 04:26 PM
    The damage control message got through. I wonder if the executives at Verizon were following your tale....

Hopefully, your trusty old Curve holds together long enough for the Storm to show up.

Hah - they must have been, my dear.

I hope so, too... This curve has had it, especially after I dropped it at the bar last night.

12-17-08 04:26 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD