09-01-09 03:59 PM
58 123
tools
    The contract on one of my main line is about to expire, I understand the system as it goes month to month and all the previous features continue uninterrupted. I don't need to upgrade my phone or any of the other ones as we like to buy new phones all the time (I just got a Tour as a exchange for my Storm I paid full retail for in May). Can i just wait till something comes out that I want and just sign a new two year when I cross that bridge or am I mistaken and there is something I'm missing?
    08-26-09 08:42 PM
    If your contract expires, nothing changes. you dont lose out on anything for not changing anything... can upgrade and resign whenever you want... next week, next month, in 5 years....
    08-26-09 08:45 PM
    Thanks a lot chief.
    08-26-09 08:46 PM
    Thats Mr. Chief...
    08-26-09 09:40 PM
    You should call customer service and/or go into a Verizon store to find out. Do not come here looking for answers. You'll get rude responses.
    08-26-09 11:00 PM
    Contract expiration = extra sales techniques in the store.

Oh and yeah, what the Bum on the Weekend said.
    08-26-09 11:04 PM
    You'd be perfectly fine going month to month. It's actually a better situation in most cases. You're done with your contract and you have options...
    1) Bail when you want with no penalties. ie ETF
    2) Hang on to your phone until you find one you want
    3) Snag a phone through some other means and still no contract... not always the best way to go but you could it
    08-26-09 11:08 PM
    you can also hold out for an awsome phone and have store reps bend over backward and crawl on their knees to get your sale... MOST sales reps...
    None of the sales reps here would stoop that low... heee...
    maybe.
    08-26-09 11:16 PM
    Can i just wait till something comes out that I want and just sign a new two year when I cross that bridge or am I mistaken and there is something I'm missing?
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Cell phones are actually sold deeply below cost when you're talking contract prices. The contract keeps you in the service to earn back the money spent on getting you the hardware.

So if you don't buy anything, no contract necessary. This is why customers who provide their own equipment start out on month-to-month.
    08-27-09 12:14 AM
    Polychrome you missed what I was getting at. I had a two year contract sense 2002. This is the first time I have let it run out without getting a new phone and thus resigning. I just wanted to make sure the world would keep spinning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 12:48 AM
    Polychrome you missed what I was getting at. I had a two year contract sense 2002. This is the first time I have let it run out without getting a new phone and thus resigning. I just wanted to make sure the world would keep spinning.
    I understood perfectly what you said. It's just to me it's the exact same question.

But yes, you go month-to-month as soon as it runs out. (Or stop paying the bill.) The only thing that renews a contract is when you sign on for certain goodies, such as bonus minutes, texts, or yes, a phone. Nothing changes until you do so. I think we'd pointlessly lose a lot of customers if we just randomly cancelled peoples' services because they didn't buy new phones. ^^;

So if there's some rumor about super-cool-device A on the horizon, feel free to wait. If it doesn't come out, feel free to stay with what you have or purchase any device we have at the time. Nothing changes until you say so.
    08-27-09 12:58 AM
    Verizon does have a claus stating they can drop you at anytime at their will if they want. After your contract expires they have that right. But I doubt that they actually let people go often. Unlike Sprint....

08-27-09 01:21 AM
    Verizon does have a claus stating they can drop you at anytime at their will if they want. After your contract expires they have that right. But I doubt that they actually let people go often. Unlike Sprint....
    Why would Verizon drop you once you go month-to-month? The plan prices are set the way they are so the recoup the money they lost on selling you the phone on a discount. After your contract expires, and they've made their money back, they are making MORE money off you. Month-to-month is good for them.
    08-27-09 06:54 AM

Why would you post such incorrect information?
    08-27-09 11:59 AM
    i thought this thread was done after the 3rd post?
    08-27-09 12:05 PM
    nah the 4th
    08-27-09 12:17 PM
    ah forgot, that was quite the important post of yours
    08-27-09 12:23 PM
    A lot of people would agree lol
    08-27-09 12:25 PM
    Alot of people would also agree that you just post to up your post count. This isnt a competition, you dont win anything.
    08-27-09 02:41 PM
    and what you just did was.... what? BTW: his post count, which means his ***** is probably also bigger.... or would be if he wasnt a tran tran
    08-27-09 02:47 PM
    but since I am in fact a tran tran and have no life besides my tranny business I have a high post count I do sincerely apologize for this...
    08-27-09 02:56 PM
    There are few things I read online that make me laugh due to a deep respect for rare radical sarcasm. Blue and Bold I tip my hat to your comedic timing.

08-27-09 03:23 PM
    Finally someone besides my 3 friends on here appreciates me!
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-27-09 at 03:27 PM.
    08-27-09 03:25 PM
    But all in all, comedy doesn't give you the rep you should have with a high post count! I earned mine, bold-and-blue, did you earn yours? I think not!

08-27-09 03:30 PM
    Ahhhh. Harsh...

I think he's a gas!!!

08-27-09 04:14 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD