After counting the days, I am finally eligible to get a new phone at the 2 year promo price this Friday. I was considering the Curve, before I read some of the forums and saw they might be releasing a newer BB within the next few months. It's hard to make sense of all the information though. I don't care about a touch screen, and it seems that Verizon is getting the Thunder before the Bold...

So, should I get the Curve, or wait for the next newest thing?

Any advice? Thanks!
    08-03-08 05:29 PM
    Just get the Curve. Trust me, you'll be quite satisfied.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 05:40 PM
    the thunder wont be out until november at the earliest.
    08-03-08 06:59 PM
    Well people have suggested plenty to get the Curve and then sell it later if the Thunder/Storm tickles your fancy.

08-03-08 08:16 PM
    If you don't care for the touch screen the curve is the way to go!! Thunder looks cool but I'm with you when it comes to the touch screen, I'll just wait to see if a CDMA bold ever pops on the market.

08-03-08 09:35 PM
    If you don't care for the touch screen the curve is the way to go!! Thunder looks cool but I'm with you when it comes to the touch screen, I'll just wait to see if a CDMA bold ever pops on the market.

I'm sure that the Bold will come to CDMA... eventually. But i'm guessing it'll be a bit. Definitely longer than the OP would likely want to wait.
    08-03-08 09:41 PM
    Go for the 8330 you'll love it
    08-03-08 09:45 PM
    I just switched form a Treo 700p on Friday to the Curve and love it. I had the same concern with should I wait or not. The good thing is our company is quick with upgrades and love for a few of us to test out the new devices. So I may choose to upgrade to the Thunder/Storm or Bold when it comes to Verizon.

My guess is Bold will be in 2009 for Verizon and Thunder/Storm will be sometime in October. --- While touch screen sounds interesting... We'll have to see how it actually works!
    08-03-08 09:57 PM
    My guess is, if you get a Curve now, then by the time the Bold comes to VZW, you'll be more than halfway to your next 2-year upgrade.
    08-03-08 10:07 PM
    I don't think you're gonna have to worry too much about the Thunder, especially if you're not that stoked on the touch screen. Pretty much everyone loves the Curve, and as of right now, we don't have the mass feedback for the Thunder that we already have for the stellar Curve.

My advice to you would be to go ahead and get the Curve, and then, when the Thunder comes out, check it out in stores, play with it and get some user feedback. If you're all jazzed up about it then, upgrade.
    08-03-08 10:12 PM
    the thunder wont be out until november at the earliest.
    There are way too many dates flying around on these boards. Let's not tell a new user any dates with any certaintly until we hear something directly from RIM. And as for the thunder/storm being delayed til 2009, not likely. It should be a 2008 release without a doubt.

As for the OP's original question, the curve is an amazing phone with which you cannot go wrong. However, if you want to wait a few months and don't mind a touchscreen interface, the thunder/storm will have many more features and improvements.

08-03-08 10:16 PM
    Waiting will be your smartest move. You're gonna regret a Curve like no other when the Thunder hits and even new Windows Mobile devices hit because they are all going to have one massive change. That is a much larger screen resolution that makes a world of a difference. You'll be able to see much more content on your screen which is very helpful during web browsing as well as being able to view text at smaller sizes than is possible on the current Curve. Plus everything will just look a lot crisper since the pixels on larger screens are much closer together than they are on the old 320 x 230 screens that should have died off years ago.
    08-03-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD