09-15-08 04:52 PM
27 12
tools
    Technically there is a guideline for switching your phone for a different model under warranty that says you must have switched the phone out 3 times within a 3 month period (its called a "multi fru" in VZW terms).

My advice would be to just take it back and switch it every time you have a problem, that way you meet the "requirement" to have it switched for something different, but make sure you bring this up with whoever you deal with because a lot of times they wont tell you that you can do this. Store managers can make exceptions of coarse, but most of the time they wont since it hurts the store in audits.

One thing to be aware of though is that if you do this it postpones your upgrade date for a year.
    09-15-08 12:34 PM
    The pearl has so many issues, and they have admitted that there is no fix for the memory/disappearing texts issues. Sometimes I don't receive texts at all. Now I never know if I'm getting them or not.

First step was them sending me a replacement pearl. It stinks. It's slow and is worse than the first one.

What's next? I am not even at the year mark for an upgrade.
    Thank you!
    1st: Replacement phones come with 90 day warranties. If you have had three replacements within 90 days, then you are entitled to a NEW phone via upgrade. Good idea to call customer service every time you have an issue so that it can get remarked on your account. If you have not already done so, register for my verizon @ verizonwireless.com asap! If you are on a single line plan or the primary line on a family share, signing up for my verizon will entitle you to upgrade every 12 months at discounted pricing.
    2nd: Most corp stores do not carry pda\blackberry refurbs, so even if you go to the store they probably would either order you a replacement or refer you to customer service to order a replacement. Always call customer service first, before you go into a store!
    3rd: If you purchase a phone from a third party ie: ebay, uncle harold, craigslist, etc...you will not be able to add insurance or get that phone replaced under warranty period. Of course there is always ways around it, but for the most part, third party phones have no replacement options other than full retail or 1yr discounted pricing maybe.
    09-15-08 04:52 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD