09-15-08 03:52 PM
27 12
tools
    The pearl has so many issues, and they have admitted that there is no fix for the memory/disappearing texts issues. Sometimes I don't receive texts at all. Now I never know if I'm getting them or not.

First step was them sending me a replacement pearl. It stinks. It's slow and is worse than the first one.

What's next? I am not even at the year mark for an upgrade.
    Thank you!
    09-10-08 03:47 PM
    From a tech stand point, you need to have 3 device change out's then they will switch you over to a equal device. This the Curve might not apply. Ask to speak with retentions and they will try there best to get you in a Curve...
    09-10-08 03:49 PM
    Call back every time you're having an issue, so its a well documented series of unfortunate events. That way, after you've had 2 or 3, its easier for them to see this is an on going problem with multiple phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 04:40 PM
    Memory issues are managable a bummer but manageable. Will not usually get an upgrade for this. If you have had the phone for year you can early upgrade. Just lose the ne2

09-10-08 04:47 PM
    From a tech stand point, you need to have 3 device change out's then they will switch you over to a equal device. This the Curve might not apply. Ask to speak with retentions and they will try there best to get you in a Curve...
    this is correct, the pricing of the curve is very similar to the pearl so after you swap the phones out 3 times you should be able to convince them to give you a curve. will probably be a refurb but it will still have a one year warranty as far as i know. you also need to speak directly to the store manager at a corporate store NOT an authorized retailer, they are your best shot at doing this. they technically have the ability to give away any phone they want. wether or not you are able to convince them to is up to your "converation skills"

another option is to buy a curve with some software glitch and just swap it out. all of them are under warranty as the device hasn't even been available for a year. make sure it's not black listed by calling tech support with the esn if you chose this route. when you get the phone go on my account and do an esn change to it yourself. then take it to the corporate store and tell them it's broken, they'll swap it out with very little hassle. the technicians are typically the laziest people in the world and if they have a refurb they'll just give you that instead of trying to fix it.
    09-10-08 06:51 PM
    Memory issues really come down to user error/negligence.

I've had my pearl since January and never had a problem. I send and receive a few thousand text a month, about 500 emails, web use, pictures, have several 3rd party apps installed etc.

09-10-08 06:54 PM
    this is correct, the pricing of the curve is very similar to the pearl so after you swap the phones out 3 times you should be able to convince them to give you a curve. will probably be a refurb but it will still have a one year warranty as far as i know. you also need to speak directly to the store manager at a corporate store NOT an authorized retailer, they are your best shot at doing this. they technically have the ability to give away any phone they want. wether or not you are able to convince them to is up to your "converation skills"

another option is to buy a curve with some software glitch and just swap it out. all of them are under warranty as the device hasn't even been available for a year. make sure it's not black listed by calling tech support with the esn if you chose this route. when you get the phone go on my account and do an esn change to it yourself. then take it to the corporate store and tell them it's broken, they'll swap it out with very little hassle. the technicians are typically the laziest people in the world and if they have a refurb they'll just give you that instead of trying to fix it.
    Just remeber what goes around comes around, it is dishonest people to the likes of YOU!, that give the rest of us honest people a bad name. May your carrier raise YOR rate 26% to cover your deception
    09-10-08 07:06 PM
    Man. Getting cursed over a simple upgrade issue. Lol.

09-10-08 09:42 PM
    Vzw most likely won't upgrade you. That being said, if you perform memoury optimization and use your pearl properly, you should have no issues. I'm willing to bet MY curve that you haven't explored any other options besides a phone swap.

09-10-08 09:45 PM

Hmm kinda took my words out of context a bit

Just remeber what goes around comes around, it is dishonest people to the likes of YOU!, that give the rest of us honest people a bad name. May your carrier raise YOR rate 26% to cover your deception

I agree with what your saying, but my main point ones, that if any phone was or has been changed out for problems 3 + times Verizon is not required but they will change out to another compatible device, blackberry or not...

I have had this done with my old 8830's and went to the pearl... I didn't force the system like the other guy is stating.... I was asked if I wanted to switch over since I was having problems....

Just wanted to make sure my post has everyone on the same page...
    09-10-08 09:50 PM
    Just keep calling with every issue you have, i did that with my motorola q which was just a ridiculous phone. I went through 4 of them and told them give me a pearl or i'm gone. They were pretty much ready to let me go until I told them I'm willing to upgrade to the unlimited data plans and everything else thrown in and then they gave me the 8830 - which unfortunately, i'm on my 4th one as well. I'm still happy with it though - I'm avoiding all window mobile phones like the plague, I was just disappointed I went through as many 8830's as I did with the motorola q's.....lets just hope the newer phones are built to last and like a rock.
    09-10-08 10:10 PM
    My suggestion would be to deal with a local store manager. That's what my wife and I did ehen we were having problems with our envs, the manager refunded the envs and gave us new contract pricing on 2 curves.

Deal local, they have more power than a phone rep.

09-11-08 12:20 AM

false information is false
    09-11-08 01:31 AM
    Memory issues really come down to user error/negligence.

I've had my pearl since January and never had a problem. I send and receive a few thousand text a month, about 500 emails, web use, pictures, have several 3rd party apps installed etc.

User error and negligence? Wow maybe I should be prosecuted for these violations?! Thanks for your invaluable input.

I have about 4 pictures and no applications stored on the device. I clear out emails and texts. I find it hard to believe that I am misusing or overloading the device.
    09-11-08 09:53 AM
    User error and negligence? Wow maybe I should be prosecuted for these violations?! Thanks for your invaluable input.

I have about 4 pictures and no applications stored on the device. I clear out emails and texts. I find it hard to believe that I am misusing or overloading the device.
    Um yeah. If this is all you're doing to avoid memoury loss, then its clearly a case of user error.

09-11-08 10:17 AM
    Um yeah. If this is all you're doing to avoid memoury loss, then its clearly a case of user error.

And what praytell are the other magical ways to improve the memory function?
    09-11-08 10:50 AM
    Well, why don't you try doing a search for memoury optimization and pearl memoury issues on these boards and see what ya come up with.

09-11-08 11:00 AM
    Ding Ding Round 3. LOL

09-11-08 03:26 PM
    The pearl has so many issues, and they have admitted that there is no fix for the memory/disappearing texts issues. Sometimes I don't receive texts at all. Now I never know if I'm getting them or not.

First step was them sending me a replacement pearl. It stinks. It's slow and is worse than the first one.

What's next? I am not even at the year mark for an upgrade.
    Thank you!
    Don't give up. Call Customer Service, keep going to the Supervisors, let the person you're talking to know that they're doing there job, it's just not the answer you're looking for. Don't give up. If I can do it you can do.

Make friends at a local Verizon Corp store. They too will turn out to be your best buds for stuff like this. Been there, done that, can't live without here. She's already got be on the list for Storm even though there's no date, and will work a great deal, even though I just updated to the Curve. Go forth..
    09-11-08 04:30 PM
    I don't consider it dishonest to bring a faulty device back and request a different one? They offer the service to keep a customer happy. I say be happy and use the service.

Purchasing a glitched one and swapping it for a refurb quite possibly may not be on the path to a spot at the last supper table. However it is an option and I was only stating an option not saying it was the "right or wrong" thing to do. Although, they do offer a warranty for a reason as well and not taking advantage of it and selling or tossing your a broken phone is just plain stupid.

Its not scamming its taking full advantage of a service you pay for. Which might I add is a long way from the cheapest out of the us carriers so get your dollars worth.

09-12-08 04:34 AM
    I had problems with a Samsung a couple years ago and I had to go through "3 strikes." Pretty much after I had been through 3 different Samsung handsets (same model) and was having the same problem I had the option to 1) try another Samsung of the same model 2) switch to a comparable phn (in which I went with an LG).

09-12-08 08:34 PM
    I had the same issues with mt pearl. I took it into a verizon store and they gave me another one. Well that one was a refurb and the 0/space button did not work so I took it back. They gave me another refurbed one that day. The rep told me if i continue to have problems with the disappearing texts and call log to brin g it back within 90 days and they would get me into another phone. Due to manufaturing defect. I know about all the memory cleaning and managment for the pearl thanks to this site, but two weeks after getting my new one it deleted my call log and texts again so I went into the store and they gave me a curve at no extra charge. The best advice I can give is be polite to the tech's in the store and they will be more than happy to help you.
    09-14-08 08:07 PM
    My buddy kept having problems with his Moto Q. Kept calling and getting replacements. Eventually they sent him a Palm 700 which IMHO sucks. VZW CS will def try to do you right and keep you satisfied. If you are having actual problems then by all means get your moneys worth. If you are just trying to work the system then you will not get a lot of help around these parts.
    Last edited by jdubau55; 09-14-08 at 08:21 PM.
    09-14-08 08:19 PM
    I don't consider it dishonest to bring a faulty device back and request a different one? They offer the service to keep a customer happy. I say be happy and use the service.

Purchasing a glitched one and swapping it for a refurb quite possibly may not be on the path to a spot at the last supper table. However it is an option and I was only stating an option not saying it was the "right or wrong" thing to do. Although, they do offer a warranty for a reason as well and not taking advantage of it and selling or tossing your a broken phone is just plain stupid.

Its not scamming its taking full advantage of a service you pay for. Which might I add is a long way from the cheapest out of the us carriers so get your dollars worth.

What you don't understand is that the OP's device is not defective. The pearl has 64MB of memoury and has known leakage issues. The OP has not performed memoury optimization, and no amount of new devices will remedy her issues. So why should vzw I've her a new device? Hers is functioning the way all of them do.

09-14-08 08:40 PM
    What you don't understand is that the OP's device is not defective. The pearl has 64MB of memoury and has known leakage issues. The OP has not performed memoury optimization, and no amount of new devices will remedy her issues. So why should vzw I've her a new device? Hers is functioning the way all of them do.

Let's think about that.. She pays them?

I don't know about you but I expect a company to cater to my needs when I bend over my bank account once a month and let them rape it. This is not GhettoPCS we are talking about here.

09-15-08 11:22 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD