I just got my Curve a few days ago and I'm lovin' it! But somethin' happened when the Verizon store people transferred my contacts from my old cell to the new Curve. All of my contacts first names are now listed as there last names and vice versa. Anybody know how I can fix this without losing endless hours editing each one? Thanks!
    07-10-08 01:20 AM
    Set a 1 way sync to outlook, set the rules for what you want, and enter the missing email info in your outlook, then one way sync back to your berry. Btw, you'll need to dl your os to remove cellibrite from your curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 03:06 AM
    Might be a settings issue. While in the Address Book, hit the Menu key then Options, then General Options. Make your changes from there.
    07-10-08 08:19 AM
    Open the Address book

hit the menu key

scroll to options

Sort By=First Name
    07-10-08 06:58 PM
    "Btw, you'll need to dl your os to remove cellibrite from your curve."

What is that and what does that mean?
    07-10-08 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply, fonebrkr. I think I didn't clarify my exact issue. I'll try again. OK, first I suppose I should say that I don't use outlook. I've got a Mac, just use the basic Gmail stuff (I'm a real-deal novice). What's bugging me is all of my contacts first and last names were flip-flopped somehow when they were transferred from my LG env2 to my Curve. For example, John Smith is now listed as Smith John. See what I mean? It's nothing debilitating, of course, just irritating. I haven't talked to the Verizon people yet. Maybe they could fix it?
    07-10-08 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the reply, fonebrkr. I think I didn't clarify my exact issue. I'll try again. OK, first I suppose I should say that I don't use outlook. I've got a Mac, just use the basic Gmail stuff (I'm a real-deal novice). What's bugging me is all of my contacts first and last names were flip-flopped somehow when they were transferred from my LG env2 to my Curve. For example, John Smith is now listed as Smith John. See what I mean? It's nothing debilitating, of course, just irritating. I haven't talked to the Verizon people yet. Maybe they could fix it?
    That's easy, open your phone book, hit the berry button, select options, the first line in views is sort by, click that and click on first names, hit the back arrow and save at the prompt.
    Cellebrite is the app vzw uses to swap contacts to your berry from your dumb phone, it leaves an unused app on your berry, the only way to remove it is by first loading your os on your pc, then using desktop manager, not an option with a Mac I suppose.

GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD