Either way, I am adding a phone line on my account, a dumb phone.

However, I have an question. If I add the line with the new blackberry, and then as soon as it arrives, activate it, then deactivate it, and put the dumb phone on the line, and move the blackberry to a current line (mine) will I be charged a $30 data charge for the first month on the new line even if I dont use it? or will I just be charged the $9.99 for the additional line? Thanks Nick
    Last edited by D2VW14_20; 10-13-11 at 10:04 PM.
    10-13-11 09:59 PM
    Either way, I am adding a phone line on my account, a dumb phone.

However, I have an question. If I add the line with the new blackberry, and then as soon as it arrives, activate it, then deactivate it, and put the dumb phone on the line, and move the blackberry to a current line (mine) will I be charged a $30 data charge for the first month on the new line even if I dont use it? or will I just be charged the $9.99 for the additional line? Thanks Nick
    You will receive a pro-rated charge for the number of days the plan was on the line. I've done this kind of thing before and this is how it always works when you do plean or feature changes mid billing cycle. Also I recommend having VZW customer service do the swap for you, every thime I have done anything like this the insurance dropped off of my line and I had to call them to put it back on anyway.
    10-14-11 12:21 AM
    Alright, thanks. So my charge for the first month should be the 9.99 plus about $3-$4 for the data for a day or two then right? No other charges.
    10-14-11 12:42 PM
    Alright, thanks. So my charge for the first month should be the 9.99 plus about $3-$4 for the data for a day or two then right? No other charges.
    Well there are always like $3-4 in cellular taxes and fees for each line but you'd have that no matter what you had on the line.
    10-14-11 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD