I currently have a Blackberry Storm that I use at the moment. My friend has a Motorola Droid and just canceled his Verizon account. He said he would sell it to me for a good price.

Can I buy the phone from him and just have Verizon change over my phone number from my Blackberry Storm to the Motorola Droid?? Will I have to pay for any charges for anything??

I want to know if this is possible before I buy the phone from him. Thanks in advance!!
    03-29-10 03:12 PM
    It should be alright provided the ESN is still clear. Get his ESN and call Verizon and have them check.
    03-29-10 03:14 PM
    It should be alright provided the ESN is still clear. Get his ESN and call Verizon and have them check.
    Thanks for the quick response.
    03-29-10 03:23 PM
    I'm going to buy the phone tomorrow but I have 1 more question...

I have insurance that I pay for monthly for my storm. Will I be able to carry that over to the Droid??
    03-30-10 08:28 PM
    Be aware that the device likely will not clear from his account until the end of his current billing cycle (if that has not yet occurred).
    03-30-10 09:08 PM
    I don't think you can carry your insurance over to the droid because you didn't get it from Verizon. I suggest you keep your current BB as a back-up incase something happens to the droid you can ask Vzw if you can put ins on the droid but I doubt you can
    03-30-10 10:17 PM
    Hi,

The insurance should carry over once the device is activated.
    As long as it is activated and you have made a call from the device, you should have no issues.
    03-30-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD