I think i may have to do this to get Storm 2. I'm not paying $600.00, so what do i pay for the extra line? Am i paying double what i pay now? How soon after can i cancel and what are the penalties, etc so i can keep Storm 2 on just one line?
    08-31-09 09:15 PM
    You would be charged upwards of $175 for the ETF on top of your line activation fees.

No such thing as a Storm, either 1 or 2 that is worth more than $99.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 10:02 PM
    But as far as monthly charges go, once the second line is active, how much extra will i pay up until i cancel the line?
    08-31-09 10:13 PM
    Let's say that you have the smallest individual plan. Adding a line is an extra 20 a month and an extra 30 for the data plan, so you will be paying 50 a month for 2 full years to save between $250 and $300 ish

08-31-09 10:32 PM
    You can add a line for $9.99/month. I believe that right now you can get a Storm for $49.99.
    Add the new line
    Move you current phone to the new number with no extras (txt, etc.)
    Put the new Storm on your original number and add the data plan and any extras.
    You would be paying only $9.99 more per month than if you had a Storm only.
    You could even let another family member use the old phone on the new number and pay you the $9.99 plus a nominal charge for minutes they might use.
    I'm pretty sure you can put the BB on the old number. I was able to do that with an existing line on my family plan.
    08-31-09 10:41 PM
    Personally, I think this is overkill, and is more costly than would initially appear.

IMO, either check for an early upgrade, or just wait it out. By the time you're up for an upgrade again, they'll either have the storm 3 or they'll have some completely new blackberry that implants in your brain. (Then all you people really will be crackberry zombies...)
    08-31-09 10:43 PM
    You can add a line for $9.99/month. I believe that right now you can get a Storm for $49.99.
    Add the new line
    Move you current phone to the new number with no extras (txt, etc.)
    Put the new Storm on your original number and add the data plan and any extras.
    You would be paying only $9.99 more per month than if you had a Storm only.
    You could even let another family member use the old phone on the new number and pay you the $9.99 plus a nominal charge for minutes they might use.
    I'm pretty sure you can put the BB on the old number. I was able to do that with an existing line on my family plan.
    Not true. You can add a line for 9.99 IF you already have a family share plan....... You can NOT add a line to an individual plan. That's why its individual......the cheapest family share is 20 a month more than individual.

08-31-09 10:52 PM
    Personally, I think this is overkill, and is more costly than would initially appear.

IMO, either check for an early upgrade, or just wait it out. By the time you're up for an upgrade again, they'll either have the storm 3 or they'll have some completely new blackberry that implants in your brain. (Then all you people really will be crackberry zombies...)
    Exactly - and if you're going from a single line to two, it is more than $9.99, as a family plan costs more.

900 min single line is $59.99.
    700 min family (two lines) is $69.99

Add $29.99/line for BlackBerry data, plus any texting. If you have 1350+ minutes, the difference is minimal, but text/data still piles on.

So let's say you have the extra line for three months - you pay $90 more for data, plus say $30 for text. Then you add $175 for the ETF. You saved $200 on the phone. Now you're money behind.

08-31-09 10:54 PM
    And... I forgot the activation fee for the new line, too.

08-31-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD