Hi guys, i'm not a BB user yet, but i want to get one very soon. I'll be "upgrading/adding to" my plan sometime in the near future and I had a few questions about my current plan (America's Choice Family SharePlan 700 w/Unlimited TXT, PIX, FLIX messaging and IN-calling). I'm thinking hard about these two possibilities:

1.) Wait it out with my POS LG VX8350 flip-phone til November when i get my VIP NE2 (+$100 discount with the America's Choice) to get the TOUR.

OR

2.) Get a curve 8330 in the meantime on ebay or in the CB Marketplace, activate it on my account, and then use that until my VIP NE2 in November to get the TOUR.

First of all, I do not have BIS on my plan now since this is my first Berry, and secondly, I want to KEEP my current plan and ALL of it's features, allowances, and loyalty perks.

My question for #1 is:

When i go into the verizon store in November, would I be able to RENEW my current contract, with all associated perks/loyalty benefits(NE2 +$100??), 700 anytime minutes, unlimited messaging, plan features, etc carried over, while ADDING the blackberry data/email plan? or would I have to sign into a new contract?

My question for #2 is:

Would I be able to add BIS to my account before my contract expires in November without having to sign a new contract? Or would I have to sign a new contract in order to get it? (meanwhile voiding my $100 NE2 Upgrade credit?)

The bottom line is, I want the TOUR in November when i'm eligible for my NE2 Upgrade discount so i don't have to pay an arm and a leg for it, and I want to keep my current plan and all of it's associated features, allowances, perks, etc. What would be the best way to go about this? And I'm not trying to beat the system, i just feel like i shouldn't have to give up what I ALREADY HAVE. thanks in advance guys
    06-26-09 12:17 AM
    I have a sneaking suspicion Verizon is going to try and throw you off AC onto a Nationwide plan if you try to get a smartphone... they do tend to do that. It's seemed to me, reading about these things, that their goal is to make AC plans a thing of the past.

Hopefully someone will come in here and say that's not the case. Outside of that, BIS is an account add-on that doesn't affect your contract. You may add and remove it from your lines whenever, it's not related to your contract. But watch out for that NW thing.

You might try calling CS, or posting in that sticky ask-a-rep topic. Or maybe someone who actually knows something will come in here and shut me up
    06-26-09 12:35 AM
    I don't know if it's what i'd be looking for, but from just reading it through, i don't like it...

New Every Two
    Get a new wireless phone every two years!
    Sign up for and maintain two years of service on a digital plan of $34.99 or higher to qualify for a free phone up to a $30 or $50 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan, or receive a credit of the same amount toward the purchase of a more expensive phone, with a two-year renewal.

How do you sign up for New Every Two?
    You are automatically enrolled in our New Every Two program when you sign up for a two-year agreement on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. If you maintain service on a calling plan of $34.99 or higher and fulfill your two-year term, you will qualify for a free phone. If your calling plan monthly access is $79.99 or higher for the entire three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $50.00 toward the purchase of that phone. If your calling plan monthly access was between $34.99 and $79.98 at any time during the three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $30.00 toward the purchase of that phone. When completing your New Every Two upgrade, you will need to renew your agreement for another two years on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher.

You must retain the same wireless handset for 24 months in order to receive the full advantages of this program. If you choose to replace your handset at a discounted price, you will forfeit your benefits and be automatically reenrolled if you meet the requirements of the program.

Information for Existing Customers
    If you enrolled in the program prior to 2/09/09 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will be eligible for a free phone up to $50 or $100, depending on the monthly access of your plan, or receive a credit of the same amount toward the purchase of a more expensive phone, with a two-year renewal. If your calling plan monthly access is $79.99 or higher for the entire three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $100.00 toward the purchase of that phone. If your calling plan monthly access was between $34.99 and $79.98 at any time during the three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $50.00 toward the purchase of that phone. When completing your New Every Two upgrade, you will need to renew your agreement for another two years on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher (after which time you will be enrolled in the $30/$50 New Every Two program available to new customers). New Every Two discount amounts and calling plan tiers subject to change at Verizon Wireless sole discretion.

Big red b@stards... talk about feeding the pig...

I'd still like to talk to a rep and see if i could accomplish what i'd said in my original post...
    06-26-09 12:45 AM
    I just checked a current pricing/plan book for verizon, and to get the same features with the Nationwide plan that i get with my current plan, it would increase my monthly access charge by $20 bucks!!! that's such BS!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 05:29 AM
    The only change from Americas choice and Nationwaide is the way it bills data for devices that do not required data plans. Unless the tour requires nationwide pricing, you can americas choice. Yes payment will incrase as BB device require at minimum the email and web data plan for 29.99. Dumbphones that have unlim data are only 15 per month or use nimues for data on AC plan and 1.99 per MB on Nationwide.

As for the curve, I see them AC plans all the time, but the also have to have the 29.99 plan

For the NE2 issue. If you currently have a 50 or 100 NE2, this is what you get until you use it. Then it drop to the new teir of $30 or $50.
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-26-09 at 07:29 AM.
    06-26-09 07:18 AM
    I did your option 2.Picked up two pearls from my reliable ebay store until Sept. then Ill get a Tour for me and a curve for my son
    06-26-09 07:52 AM
    Thanks for the input lastraid, that helps. And what you mentioned about having to add the blackberry email and web service i knew that i'd have to add that. The extra $20 actually came from the difference in price for monthly access for the first two lines in each plan. My 700 AC plan for the first two is 79.99. To get the same features i have now i'd have to get the 700 NW Select plan, and that's 99.99 for the first two... Quick question as to what you said about the data plan, how likely is it that the tour will need a data plan, thus requiring to switch to the NW plan?

06-26-09 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the input lastraid, that helps. And what you mentioned about having to add the blackberry email and web service i knew that i'd have to add that. The extra $20 actually came from the difference in price for monthly access for the first two lines in each plan. My 700 AC plan for the first two is 79.99. To get the same features i have now i'd have to get the 700 NW Select plan, and that's 99.99 for the first two... Quick question as to what you said about the data plan, how likely is it that the tour will need a data plan, thus requiring to switch to the NW plan?

The select plans include unlim SMS/MMS this could account for the increase, if your AC plan has an ala cate SMS/MMS feature.

As to your second question, I am not sure if it will drive a change over to nationwide just yet. I will tell either way, the data plan is required and is the same price whether you stay on AC or switch to nationwide.

I do know that some of VZW dumbphones and other smartphones do require the change in price plans. Since there is not a lot of internal info about the tour yet is the reason I am not sure if the price plan change would be required.
    06-26-09 08:51 AM
    Ok. But until that time, i can buy a curve and just add BIS to my current plan without voiding my $100 NE2 credit, correct?

06-26-09 11:57 AM
    Ok. But until that time, i can buy a curve and just add BIS to my current plan without voiding my $100 NE2 credit, correct?

yep
    06-26-09 11:58 AM
    Well hot dog! Lol thanks

06-26-09 02:30 PM
    I have a sneaking suspicion Verizon is going to try and throw you off AC onto a Nationwide plan if you try to get a smartphone... they do tend to do that. It's seemed to me, reading about these things, that their goal is to make AC plans a thing of the past.

Hopefully someone will come in here and say that's not the case. Outside of that, BIS is an account add-on that doesn't affect your contract. You may add and remove it from your lines whenever, it's not related to your contract. But watch out for that NW thing.

You might try calling CS, or posting in that sticky ask-a-rep topic. Or maybe someone who actually knows something will come in here and shut me up

they do but I did a upgrade to the storm and they didn't touch my plan..

so I am not sure they will force him to anything.. I came off a dumbphone..
    06-26-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD