My husband and I both have Verizon lines and never bothered to get on a family plan. Now I am planning to do this and was wondering if I would be able to add his line (keep his existing phone and number) to mine on a Family Share plan.
    Does this require calling customer service? I think i've avoided it because the only way I could do it online is by getting a new phone and he just got the new EnV and is happy with it.

If we do this, will we still get the new every 2 upgrades for each of our phones? I'm due for mine in October and am getting the tour, I hope
    03-24-10 07:50 PM
    You're each on a separate account, correct?

If so - you do an Assumption of Liability - he keeps his number, and contract end date - You can do it over the phone with CS, or in a corporate store - and your husband would need to be present, or - have given his permission for you to assume his contract and that would have to be noted on both your accounts in order for him not to be present when the transaction takes place.
    03-24-10 08:26 PM
    If you get on a family plan 1 of you will lose your NE2 credit. Only the primary line on the account is eligible for a NE2 discount, the secondary line is eligible for 2yr pricing.
    03-25-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD